Ghost - Popestar

x1yyz

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161016_211821_zpshfnwmscu.jpg

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161016_211931_zpseipg6phc.jpg

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161016_212421_zpscfy88a12.jpg

Nice!!!

Way to go, Gina. And you got two shows??? :notworthy:

Yeah, I bought the Portland tickets then realized Eugene was the night before and only two hours drive away...

That's just killer!

Hey...did you stay out till 2:00 AM stalking them, Earl style? :LOL:

• Like 1

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161016_211821_zpshfnwmscu.jpg

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161016_211931_zpseipg6phc.jpg

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161016_212421_zpscfy88a12.jpg

Nice!!!

Way to go, Gina. And you got two shows??? :notworthy:

Yeah, I bought the Portland tickets then realized Eugene was the night before and only two hours drive away...

That's just killer!

Hey...did you stay out till 2:00 AM stalking them, Earl style? :LOL:

Nah, the shows were over by 11 so I was a good girl and went back to my hotel. Actually, the first thing I did when I got there was I texted Earl and told him what a great show he missed :LOL:

Actually I confess my appreciation for two more EP songs: Nocturnal Me and Missionary Man. Really. I can't stand the song Bible, though.

From 1 to 10 I rank 5.

Their concerts are excellent though! :clap:

From 1 to 10 I rank 20!! :)

• Like 2

Former Ghost member reveals his identity.

http://www.blabbermo...for-first-time/

I was bound to happen eventually.

Thanks for posting this. More important news is, that there's a new MCC release later this year. :dweez:

• Like 1

They'll be playing some headline shows this summer on their off dates from opening for Maiden.

Jun. 06 - Albany, NY - The Palace Theatre

Jun. 08 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa

Jun. 10 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle

Jun. 14 - Louisville, KY - The Palace Theater

Jun. 17 - Fargo, ND - Fargo Civic Center

Jun. 22 - Corpus Christi, TX - The Pavilion at Concrete Street

Jun. 26 - Midland, TX - La Hacienda

Jun. 30 - Fresno, CA - Rainbow Ballroom

Jul. 08 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore

Jul. 13 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room at Old National Centre

Jul. 14 - Fort Wayne, IN - Embassy Theater

Jul. 18 - New Haven, CT - College Street Music Hall

Jul. 20 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore

• Like 1

They'll be playing some headline shows this summer on their off dates from opening for Maiden.

Jun. 06 - Albany, NY - The Palace Theatre

Jun. 08 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa

Jun. 10 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle

Jun. 14 - Louisville, KY - The Palace Theater

Jun. 17 - Fargo, ND - Fargo Civic Center

Jun. 22 - Corpus Christi, TX - The Pavilion at Concrete Street

Jun. 26 - Midland, TX - La Hacienda

Jun. 30 - Fresno, CA - Rainbow Ballroom

Jul. 08 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore

Jul. 13 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room at Old National Centre

Jul. 14 - Fort Wayne, IN - Embassy Theater

Jul. 18 - New Haven, CT - College Street Music Hall

Jul. 20 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore

Thanks for the heads up!

Tobias Forge to unmask himself publicly.

http://www.blabbermo...how-appearance/

GHOST lead singer and founder Tobias Forge — who performs as Papa Emeritus — will publicly unmask himself for the first time since the band's formation for an upcoming appearance on "Sommar i P1", Swedish radio channel P1's daily one-man show which has aired every summer since 1959.

Each ninety-minute episode of "Sommar i P1" features a well-known Swede talking without interruption about whatever he or she likes, as well as choosing all the music for the program.

Forge stated about his August 17 appearance on "Sommar i P1": "I'm going to talk about my background and about how things never quite turn out the way you think they will."

Forge recently officially revealed his identity while responding to a lawsuit filed by four former members of GHOST, who accused him of cheating them out of their rightful share of the profits from the group's album releases and world tours.

In his court documents, Forge — who had previously played in several other rock bands, including REPUGNANT, CRASHDIET, SUBVISION, MAGNA CARTA CARTEL and SUPERIOR — took credit for developing GHOST's image and stage show and blamed his ex-bandmates for "destroying the mystery" surrounding the group by lifting the lid on GHOST's business dealings.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

GHOST lead singer and founder Tobias Forge — who performs as Papa Emeritus — will publicly unmask himself for the first time since the band's formation for an upcoming appearance on "Sommar i P1", Swedish radio channel P1's daily one-man show which has aired every summer since 1959.

Each ninety-minute episode of "Sommar i P1" features a well-known Swede talking without interruption about whatever he or she likes, as well as choosing all the music for the program.

Forge stated about his August 17 appearance on "Sommar i P1": "I'm going to talk about my background and about how things never quite turn out the way you think they will."

Forge recently officially revealed his identity while responding to a lawsuit filed by four former members of GHOST, who accused him of cheating them out of their rightful share of the profits from the group's album releases and world tours.

In his court documents, Forge — who had previously played in several other rock bands, including REPUGNANT, CRASHDIET, SUBVISION, MAGNA CARTA CARTEL and SUPERIOR — took credit for developing GHOST's image and stage show and blamed his ex-bandmates for "destroying the mystery" surrounding the group by lifting the lid on GHOST's business dealings.

I met Forge and the band without masks on up in Reno. I waited until 3 am to meet them. They were great! Sooooo nice. Forge was a gracious dude. I told him that Ghost is my new RUSH since they retired. Forge shook my hand and bowed to me. DEATH KNEEL? LOL!!!

I have not been impressed their their last ep and I know most of the original ghouls are history. Forge is NOT an happy Papa these days.

Hopefully he can find the right chemistry for this summer.

GHOST is playing at the Warfield on July 2. Iron Maiden and Ghost on July 5th. Can't wait for both shows!!

• Like 2

Worst kept secret ever?

• Like 1

Worst kept secret ever?

Probably.

I think Ghost should be OK though. Just like Alice Cooper, fans all know it's an act and on stage persona being portrayed and are cool with it.

• Like 2

http://www.blabbermo...rmed-as-a-band/

GHOST frontman and founder Tobias Forge, who performs as Papa Emeritus, says that the group was "never formed as a band" and was always essentially a one-man project, with many session musicians coming and going over its seven-year existence... "I can't tell you the whole story, but without going into detail, the one thing that has always been a fact is that GHOST was never formed as a band, and its first lineup was formed after the first record was recorded, and it was just a live lineup. And from that lineup, it changed many times.

"We never formed the band together; it was always sort of… I guess a BATHORY sort of band, where there was people playing live, and the people playing live [were] not necessarily the same that played on the records. On 'Opus' and [2015's] 'Meliora', there's a drummer that has never played with us live, for example.

Pressed about how he manages to keep GHOST's signature sound intact when he is changing the entire band or just a part of it, Forge said: "I have to teach them to play how I play it; that's how I do it. That's how it always works… Oftentimes the key is to teach them to think more simple. I'm an okay drummer, I'm an okay bass player, I'm an okay keyboardist, and I'm a quite good guitar player. And the trick is just to get them to underperform [laughs] together. :LOL:

Edited by goose

In a statement explaining the lawsuit, the musicians officially revealed their identities as Simon Söderberg (Alpha; member of GHOST from 2010 until 2016), Mauro Rubino (Air; member of GHOST from 2011 until 2016), Henrik Palm (Eather; member of GHOST from 2015 until 2016) and Martin Hjertstedt (Earth; member of GHOST from 2014 until 2016).

The new lineup of GHOST is rumored to include musicians who have previously played with THE SISTERS OF MERCY, KORN, PENDRAGON and BLOODBATH.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tobias-forge-a-k-a-papa-emeritus-ghost-was-never-formed-as-a-band.html#xiSQjrD7Tjp1ts8r.99

I met Forge and the band without masks on up in Reno. I waited until 3 am to meet them. They were great! Sooooo nice. Forge was a gracious dude. I told him that Ghost is my new RUSH since they retired. Forge shook my hand and bowed to me. DEATH KNEEL? LOL!!!

I have not been impressed their their last ep and I know most of the original ghouls are history. Forge is NOT an happy Papa these days.

Hopefully he can find the right chemistry for this summer.

GHOST is playing at the Warfield on July 2. Iron Maiden and Ghost on July 5th. Can't wait for both shows!!

Our VP was telling me how she met the band at a hotel pool in San Fran. She said they were very nice, and explained why they couldn't take a photo with her. Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

Was never a fan of this band until I saw them in concert last night. Now I want to buy all their stuff! :)

I saw them open for Maiden last Thursday. I was already a fan, but even appreciate them more. They put on a great show.
  • Like 5

Was never a fan of this band until I saw them in concert last night. Now I want to buy all their stuff! :)

I saw them open for Maiden last Thursday. I was already a fan, but even appreciate them more. They put on a great show.

This band had replaced Rush for me now that our band is deceased. Long live the mortal men in our once EPIC BAND!

GHOST RIULES!

I will support them always.

I will travel for them.

I only travelled for RUSH.

The torch for my own self indigence has been passed on and Tobias Forge knows this as I told him in Reno.

Who cares if he takes off his mask. I met him in the back alleyway in Reno.

I love Subvison and of course MMC. Prequel Ghost! AMAZING MUSIC!!

I'm sorry I can't shoot my load to WET DREAM THEATER!

I am sorry I can't explode like a supernova about the new boring STEVEN WILSON ALBUM!

OMG!

What is going on with this FORUM???

Hopefully someone on here like Duck will write a fresh thread one day about another incredible new band! I remember learning about GHOST on here thanks to PAT!!! AMEN!

It's all Pat's fault! My brother from another mother!!! DAMN!

Is Papa III really going to descend into the eternal abyss?

Shit man, I'm Earl I Ramer III

I will "Carry On My Wayward Sons And Daughters!"

Keep praying for a RUSH reunion.

I will be following GHOST.

The greatest modern metal band in the world now!

Thank Lucifer I mean God that Pat wrote that thread.

I've been seeing Ghost since the very beginning.

At a dive in SF.

I asked Papa if he remembered that gig. The small gig in a Victorian House underneath the 280 freeway.

Yep!

He remembered it!!

The guy is a genius. He is REAL.

HE IS!!!!!!!

LOL!

• Like 3

This band had replaced Rush for me now that our band is deceased. Long live the mortal men in our once EPIC BAND!

GHOST RIULES!

I will support them always.

I will travel for them.

I only travelled for RUSH.

The torch for my own self indigence has been passed on and Tobias Forge knows this as I told him in Reno.

Who cares if he takes off his mask. I met him in the back alleyway in Reno.

I love Subvison and of course MMC. Prequel Ghost! AMAZING MUSIC!!

I'm sorry I can't shoot my load to WET DREAM THEATER!

I am sorry I can't explode like a supernova about the new boring STEVEN WILSON ALBUM!

OMG!

What is going on with this FORUM???

Hopefully someone on here like Duck will write a fresh thread one day about another incredible new band! I remember learning about GHOST on here thanks to PAT!!! AMEN!

It's all Pat's fault! My brother from another mother!!! DAMN!

Is Papa III really going to descend into the eternal abyss?

Shit man, I'm Earl I Ramer III

I will "Carry On My Wayward Sons And Daughters!"

Keep praying for a RUSH reunion.

I will be following GHOST.

The greatest modern metal band in the world now!

Thank Lucifer I mean God that Pat wrote that thread.

I've been seeing Ghost since the very beginning.

At a dive in SF.

I asked Papa if he remembered that gig. The small gig in a Victorian House underneath the 280 freeway.

Yep!

He remembered it!!

The guy is a genius. He is REAL.

HE IS!!!!!!!

LOL!

GHOST IS EXCELLENT!! :notworthy:

I really love the song He Is and am enjoying them more and more.

I think its clicked!

• Like 2

I really love the song He Is and am enjoying them more and more.

I think its clicked!

This is why I don't talk too much trash about bands I don't like. If it does click with me at some point I have to take back all the disparaging remarks lol.

I knew those catchy vocal melodies would eventually get to you.

• Like 2