Not looking forward to 2022

Lost In Xanadu

In 1992, driving home from college - I got a speeding ticket for 14 over going thru Indiana.

In 2002, driving to pick up my daughter after running late at work, I got a speeding ticket for 13 over here in WI

In 2012 (last night!), driving home from a big golf win after work JAMMING TO RUSH, I got a speeding ticket for 17 over (he wrote the ticket for 15 over to save me a point and $50)

You get nailed once every ten years? Our fine police officers can do better than that...... wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 5 2012, 09:52 AM)
You get nailed once every ten years? Our fine police officers can do better than that...... wink.gif wink.gif

The fact is - I rarely speed. I usually go 5 miles or so over the speed limit or keep up with traffic.

Last night I was coming home from a glorious golf win, jamming to 2.gif and keeping up with traffic. Coming around a turn, the guy in front of me quickly pulled over to the right and left me wide open to the cop. I didn't notice right away, and by the time I did, it was too late.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 7 2012, 01:25 AM)
I guess getting nailed like that once every 10 years is probably better than getting nailed every week. Only a thought...

that's what SHE said laugh.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 9 2012, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 7 2012, 01:25 AM)
I guess getting nailed like that once every 10 years is probably better than getting nailed every week. Only a thought...

that's what SHE said laugh.gif

Heh..! rofl3.gif

What a racket they have going here in Milwaukee.

So I went to traffic court on Friday. My scheduled time was 8:30, and I got there at 8:25 after figuring out how to get in this place. I park in the structure, follow the signs telling us where the safety building is... out to the street and head to the address printed on the ticket. At the door it says "public entrance to the back." We follow the instructions and head to the back. At the back door is a sign that tells us to head back to the parking garage and use the entrance there. Why the %$@# didn't they just change the signs in the parking structure to indicate this?!?

So I walk-in and let the lady at the front desk know I am there. She was as polite as can be, especially seeing she has to deal with unhappy people everyday so I was equally polite. I check in, she hands me a sheet of paper and asks me to review it. I sit down, and ready thru it, and it's basically a plea chart with the violation on the left, and 2 columns... Option 1 and Option 2.

Option 1 was basically "thanks for taking the time to come down, we'll take 2 points off your violation, but you're not getting the fine reduced"

Option 2 was "If you want to get this ticket down to 0 points, throw us a couple more dollars and we'll look the other way"

Seeing option 2 wasn't much more than the original ticket, most people were going that route, so I figured I would also for 1 main reason - insurance.

They started up at 8:35, I was called 7th and was walking out of the building at 8:40. Just churning the people (money) thru.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 7 2012, 12:26 PM)
What a racket they have going here in Milwaukee.

So I went to traffic court on Friday. My scheduled time was 8:30, and I got there at 8:25 after figuring out how to get in this place. I park in the structure, follow the signs telling us where the safety building is... out to the street and head to the address printed on the ticket. At the door it says "public entrance to the back." We follow the instructions and head to the back. At the back door is a sign that tells us to head back to the parking garage and use the entrance there. Why the %$@# didn't they just change the signs in the parking structure to indicate this?!?

So I walk-in and let the lady at the front desk know I am there. She was as polite as can be, especially seeing she has to deal with unhappy people everyday so I was equally polite. I check in, she hands me a sheet of paper and asks me to review it. I sit down, and ready thru it, and it's basically a plea chart with the violation on the left, and 2 columns... Option 1 and Option 2.

Option 1 was basically "thanks for taking the time to come down, we'll take 2 points off your violation, but you're not getting the fine reduced"

Option 2 was "If you want to get this ticket down to 0 points, throw us a couple more dollars and we'll look the other way"

Seeing option 2 wasn't much more than the original ticket, most people were going that route, so I figured I would also for 1 main reason - insurance.

They started up at 8:35, I was called 7th and was walking out of the building at 8:40. Just churning the people (money) thru.

yes.gif Last ticket I got, I was let go for court cost. $168. rage.gif

You wouldn't believe all of the politician's pet projects that get a cut of "court cost".

...just churning the people (money) thru...

^ exactly

moving violations are 99% about revenue collection and 1% about public safety

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 7 2012, 12:50 PM)

^ exactly

The older I get, the more I realize that government is a word that describes an entity that's sole purpose is to part people from their money. angry.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 7 2012, 01:12 PM)

^ exactly

The older I get, the more I realize that government is a word that describes an entity that's sole purpose is to part people from their money. angry.gif

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/25/129009551120314074.jpg

You're gonna get it moved to SOCN!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 7 2012, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 7 2012, 01:12 PM)

^ exactly

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/25/129009551120314074.jpg

You're gonna get it moved to SOCN!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 5 2012, 09:40 AM)
In 2012 (last night!), driving home from a big golf win after work JAMMING TO RUSH, I got a speeding ticket for 17 over (he wrote the ticket for 15 over to save me a point and $50)

About a year and a half ago, I was caught going 22 over on the highway, in a construction zone (77 in a 55). Stiff fine, that one.

Only about five tickets in my 23 years of driving...so I really make them count, I suppose.