2016-17 College Football Thread

Currently...

Huskies at -6 vs the Cougars. Over/Under at 64 pts.

Penn St, at -12 vs. Mich State

Wisconsin at -14 vs. Minnesota

Bama at -17.5 vs. Auburn Over/Under at 47 (smart money on the under?)

Ohio St at -6.5 vs Michigan

12 pt favorite seems a bit much for Penn State but we'll see. I do think they will win but it will be maybe more of a fight than they think. SO HARD to root for Ohio State but must do it! :D If Penn State and Ohio State both win, then Penn State ends up Big Ten East Division champion.

Badger fans are all for Penn State and Ohio State winning. The Badgers match up much better against those two teams than Michigan.

A Wisconsin-Penn State Big Ten Championship Game would be GRRRRRRRRRREAT!!

• Like 1

Missouri beats Arkansas, to cap off a late season comeback by the SEC EAST against the SEC WEST, all of which together made the SEC East look not quite so pitiful against the West. Missouri, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, and even Vanderbilt had wins against the West (all of which except for Kentucky's occurred very late in the season).

Go Florida, beat Bama in the SEC championship game (somehow, by whatever means)!

• Like 1

Currently...

12 pt favorite seems a bit much for Penn State but we'll see. I do think they will win but it will be maybe more of a fight than they think. SO HARD to root for Ohio State but must do it! :D If Penn State and Ohio State both win, then Penn State ends up Big Ten East Division champion.

Badger fans are all for Penn State and Ohio State winning. The Badgers match up much better against those two teams than Michigan.

No. Penn State does not deserve to be in the conversation.

Currently...

If they win the Big Ten East Division, will you just ignore them? They are in the conversation whether people like it or not.

• Like 1

Currently...

If they win the Big Ten East Division, will you just ignore them? They are in the conversation whether people like it or not.

To go to the playoff?

No, they don't deserve it.

Absolutely nothing impressive about them.

In fact, they are just damned lucky to have squeaked by so far with the record they have.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Currently...

To go to the playoff?

In fact, they are just damned lucky to have squeaked by so far with the record they have.

I guess we will know more after tomorrow's game, and then the games that follow. But be careful near central Pennsylvania- raging Lions fans might stuff you full of PSU Creamery ice cream before throwing you off Mt. Nittany, yelling "WE ARE . . ." ;) ;)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Currently...

To go to the playoff?

I rather agree (and not just because I want to see my Buckeyes trounce Michigan today, and have Penn State lose to the Spartans).

Seriously, though, I think with all the talented teams this year, why and how would a two-loss team get to be in the CFP conversation? Big Ten Championship, okay; Rose Bowl, okay. But not in the top four.

• Like 1

Principled Man must be feeling great this morning. The ole Hawkeyes of Iowa upset Nebraska to send Wisconsin to the B1G title game. Incredible.

Iowa beating both Michigan and Nebraska this year...that's an impressive showing.

• Like 1

My brother and I are about to depart for Memorial Stadium in Clemson, SC. After 40 trips around the sun, we will finally witness our first Palmetto Bowl in live attendance. We're literally about 5 rows from the top of th stadium, but, hopefully, they have a jumbrotron to see replays on.

The roosters are 25.5 point underdogs, and Clemson is ranked #4, plus, the game is at night. We don't match-up well at all with a running qb, and Clemson's defense is outstanding. I don't think an upset will occur....

....but the games must be played. Maybe Jake Bentley will be poised.

• Like 2

My brother and I are about to depart for Memorial Stadium in Clemson, SC. After 40 trips around the sun, we will finally witness our first Palmetto Bowl in live attendance. We're literally about 5 rows from the top of th stadium, but, hopefully, they have a jumbrotron to see replays on.

The roosters are 25.5 point underdogs, and Clemson is ranked #4, plus, the game is at night. We don't match-up well at all with a running qb, and Clemson's defense is outstanding. I don't think an upset will occur....

Here's hoping the Cocks crow tonight! :cheerleader:
  • Like 1

Principled Man must be feeling great this morning. The ole Hawkeyes of Iowa upset Nebraska to send Wisconsin to the B1G title game. Incredible.

I'll be happier to see the Badgers earn their way to the title game, by soundly beating the Gophers! :D

We Badger fans want 'em in the National Championship Playoff. It's a long shot, but it's still a shot!

• Like 1

Have a great night with your brother- it's awesome that you will be seeing this live!

• Like 1

UW Huskies put some solid goal-line defense to work in last night's victory over Washington State, 45-17. The Huskies seemed to be a body-for-body tough match-up for the Cougars, on both sides of the football. WSU came up empty three times inside the 5-yard line, with UW showing some red zone grit. That kind of defense is going to win you some ball games.
  • Like 1

I like Michigan leading the game, but wish they could hang onto the dang ball! The pick by Ohio State in Michigan territory gets them a quick TD to cut the Michigan lead to 3. :rage:

Officials hand it to Ohio State. Boo.

Aww, come on goose...there were a couple of no-calls that should have been, for both teams.

One of the ugliest Ohio State wins against Michigan that I've ever seen. But they came through when they needed to!

• Like 2