OPETH Sorceress - artwork, tracklist

treeduck

I thought I preordered. Hopefully I did and I'm just waiting...

**Okay, nope never ordered it (??!!!) so got my copy on order from amazon and got the free immediate audiorip so plan on playing it to death the next couple days... :D

Edited by stoopid

I thought I'd share my Opeth tee I got Saturday night at their Radio City Music Hall show and perhaps some of you might enjoy it as well. Designed especially for the NYC show. I say this w/every new band tee I get but I'm absolutely serious when I say that this is by far my favorite Opeth tee I own and the Opeth tee to end all Opeth tees for me personally. I don't think this will ever be sold online either. Definitely the most popular tee that night and I wouldn't be surprised if most sizes sold out last night. I'm glad I waited a half and hour once I got in to get this tee! Worth the $35 as pricey as it is! :haz: :ebert: :haz:

wkbsrv.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome t-shirt!

I can not stop listening to this album. I love it more every time I listen to it. I am not committed to a favorite yet, but stand outs to me are Sorceress, The Wilde Flowers, The Seventh Sojourn, Era, oh hell, Strange Brew too. See? LOL

• Like 2

This album is fuckking AMAZING!!!

DUH!

I have my ticket to see them at The Warfield!

Fuckking THE SWORD IS OPENING!!

It's a grower of an album for me, but the more I listen to it, the more I fall in love with it! I saw them last Saturday at Radio City Music Hall and it was the best Opeth show I'll ever see in my life PERIOD! The Sword were very awesome, probably the best band next to Katatonia I've seen open for them (In Flames SUCKED when I saw them open for Opeth 2 years ago). Too bad I don't know the names of their songs yet cause that was the first time I even heard their music, but yeah I totally dig their stoner metal/rock meets prog vibe I got off them.

PM!!!

YES!!! A GROWER!!! BETTER THAN A GROWLER!!!

I have all OPETH but I am a rare fan who is happy that Mikel stopped that f***ing annoying COOKIE MONSTER SHIT!!

This band has evolved into a melodic progressive rock band of EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!!

• Like 1

Awesome t-shirt!

I can not stop listening to this album. I love it more every time I listen to it. I am not committed to a favorite yet, but stand outs to me are Sorceress, The Wilde Flowers, The Seventh Sojourn, Era, oh hell, Strange Brew too. See? LOL

EPIC!

Don't waste your money on the generic jewel case pressing.

GET THE TWO DISC VERSION!!!!!!!! FUKK! COULD BE ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

DUH!

• Like 1

I thought I'd share my Opeth tee I got Saturday night at their Radio City Music Hall show and perhaps some of you might enjoy it as well. Designed especially for the NYC show. I say this w/every new band tee I get but I'm absolutely serious when I say that this is by far my favorite Opeth tee I own and the Opeth tee to end all Opeth tees for me personally. I don't think this will ever be sold online either. Definitely the most popular tee that night and I wouldn't be surprised if most sizes sold out last night. I'm glad I waited a half and hour once I got in to get this tee! Worth the $35 as pricey as it is! :haz: :ebert: :haz:

wkbsrv.jpg

THIS BAND FUKKING RULES!

THERE IS HOPE!

RUSH IS DEAD!

OPETH LIVES!!!!!!

Jesus!!

Thank Opeth I didn't start a new thread on this album! I didn't see this on the first to pages until now!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

I am one of the few who could handle the growl years and the Wilson production shit but man I love their direction.

DUH!

BLISS KISS NO MISS MR PISS!!!

OPETH RULES!!

FUCKK THE COOKIE MONSTER CRAP!

THIS BAND HAS EVOLVED!!!!

Portnoy wants to join the band! :syrinx:

HAHAHA!

Glad I know you buddy.

If he was in Opeth I would rather listen to OPRAH!

FUCKK THAT!

He'd probably try and start singing and writing crappy lyrics about his father and something "political". He'd say come on Akerfeldt let's bring back the Cookie monster vocals! And if you won't do them I WIll! COOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKIEEEEEEEEEES!!

HAHAHA!!! f***ing SEASME STREET BEAT THE MEAT SHITE!

Signed,

Oscar The Grouch

• Like 1

Jesus!!

Thank Opeth I didn't start a new thread on this album! I didn't see this on the first to pages until now!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

I am one of the few who could handle the growl years and the Wilson production shit but man I love their direction.

DUH!

OPETH RULES!!

HAHAHA!

Glad I know you buddy.

FUCKK THAT!

He'd probably try and start singing and writing crappy lyrics about his father and something "political". He'd say come on Akerfeldt let's bring back the Cookie monster vocals! And if you won't do them I WIll! COOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKIEEEEEEEEEES!!

Signed,

Oscar The Grouch

I don't think any of the 47 bands that Portnoy is in have released an album for a few months.

• Like 1

It's a great album. Reminds of Deep Purple, Rainbow and, of course, Jethro Tull. Much prefer it to the previous album that had few standout moments.

Back to form in a big way.

• Like 5

Jesus!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

DUH!

OPETH RULES!!

HAHAHA!

Glad I know you buddy.

FUCKK THAT!

Signed,

Oscar The Grouch

I don't think any of the 47 bands that Portnoy is in have released an album for a few months.

Whiney Frogs is crap.

Saw it live.

Waste of time.

It's a great album. Reminds of Deep Purple, Rainbow and, of course, Jethro Tull. Much prefer it to the previous album that had few standout moments.

Of course.

At least you and I agree on music.

EPIC RECORD!

Of course.

At least you and I agree on music.

EPIC RECORD!

And politics!

Jesus!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

DUH!

OPETH RULES!!

HAHAHA!

Glad I know you buddy.

FUCKK THAT!

Signed,

Oscar The Grouch

Whiney Frogs is crap.

Saw it live.

Waste of time.

I'm not a fan that's for sure.

• Like 1

After two listens I mostly agree. It's probably the best effort since Watershed. All the albums have their strengths, weaknesses, and stronger individual tracks. This one has a consistent intensity the prior few albums lacked. There's some mixing issues though with the bass guitar that bothers me. Hurts me ears even. So far that's my only real complaint. Still too early to call any favorites.

Is it metal enough for you though?

My favorites are changing on a daily basis - just a great disc. The bonus tracks are really interesting too - I'm digging the chaotic live versions of Cusp, Drapery, and Treason!
  • Like 2

DUH!

It's a grower of an album for me, but the more I listen to it, the more I fall in love with it! I saw them last Saturday at Radio City Music Hall and it was the best Opeth show I'll ever see in my life PERIOD! The Sword were very awesome, probably the best band next to Katatonia I've seen open for them (In Flames SUCKED when I saw them open for Opeth 2 years ago). Too bad I don't know the names of their songs yet cause that was the first time I even heard their music, but yeah I totally dig their stoner metal/rock meets prog vibe I got off them.

PM!!!

I have all OPETH but I am a rare fan who is happy that Mikel stopped that f***ing annoying COOKIE MONSTER SHIT!!

This band has evolved into a melodic progressive rock band of EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!!

Same here. I love and own all the albums but only tolerated the growling. Why is that a thing anyway? I totally don't get it.

• Like 1

Awesome t-shirt!

EPIC!

Don't waste your money on the generic jewel case pressing.

GET THE TWO DISC VERSION!!!!!!!! FUKK! COULD BE ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

DUH!

I did go for the 2 disc version and glad I did. The live versions on there are definitely worth it.

• Like 1

DUH!

PM!!!

Same here. I love and own all the albums but only tolerated the growling. Why is that a thing anyway? I totally don't get it.

The thing is though if you consider all the songs on the albums with "cookie monster" vocals, and if you removed them all what would you put in their place? Would "clean" vocals fit in their place? I doubt it. And even though MA has stopped writing songs with death vocals he doesn't change the old ones into clean vocal versions for live performances.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 4

DUH!

PM!!!

I totally agree with you 100%!

I talk to many Opeth fans from the beginning and they are outraged and hate the way Opeth has become.

I love it and embrace it.

Mikel is smart. Not saying he dropped the growling for a cash grab opportunity but man, the band is sooooo much better with each new album.

Cookie Monster vocals are worse than a howling werewolf in heat.

Enough.

Ironically I love "Blackwater Park." Wilson production and he is on the record.

Great balance.

I know many real Opeth fans from the past curse Steven Wilson for changing their style! Yep! It's all Steven's fault that Opeth is now a hippy folk hard rock band for chicks and prog snob dicks.

Whatever.

I love this band.

To each their own!

OPETH AND THE SWORD!!!!

HEAVEN SENT!!!!!!

LOVE,

DOKKEN

• Like 2