Sometimes, Rush just seems too special for us.

fraroc

All I wanted to you guys do was to get you guys to ask yourselves "Is fighting about stupid bullshit in SOCN and hating others for differing opinions really what being a Rush fan is all about?"

I don't know about you, but for me, it's not.

Who gives a fu** dude. It's called life. People have their opinions. Quit whining and do some thing with your self. Geeeees! :facepalm:

:LOL:

You're a bit raw when you're about to have a great time fishing, aren't you? :LOL:

Have a great time out there! :)

Maybe so,

But this type of sh** gets old. Rush is no better than you or myself. We all have our special talents. BTW, why does he bring up SOCN? We all have our opinions. Right or wrong it doesn't matter. Get a life and quit whining all the time.

Consider the source.

• Like 1

You guys have completely missed the point of my topic, which consequentially proves my point.

Don't worry, I didn't miss the point fraroc. Rush are comprised of three deities that are far too superior for me to comprehend. They've graced CDs, DVDs, and arenas with their presence countless times over but I still haven't been able to understand their music or words 100% because my brain is too feeble and a bit on the dry side. One day I hope that I may be able to evolve to the point to where they'll let me kiss their feet. I know, I know I'm dreaming but one can hope.

Who knows...as you typed that one of the three gods of Rush might have gone for a pee and maybe another sneezed.

Could it be...that...they are human?

Human?! Pshaw...I believe they may be built like Ken dolls and can neither pee nor sneeze. Only the most infallible bodies will do.

Its a Barbie world and Im a barbie girl.

Beyond our understanding? Are you kidding?

Even though I've been banned from there, look at shit like SOCN. Look at all of us Rush fans at each others throats despite being fans of a band that clearly doesn't want us to be that way, as told by the messages in their music. Sometimes I doubt these people are even listening to the same band.

You got banned from SOCN??? :LOL:

I wonder if much of that "at each other's throats" is just spirited debate and horsing around, no?

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't already know lol

Wait I thought you asked 73 to ban you from SOCN, you never did anything to get banned. The one insult you gave Tony R gives you an automatic 2 week ban, that's it.

He decided to give me a break from SOCN, I just never asked to return.

Even though I've been banned from there, look at shit like SOCN. Look at all of us Rush fans at each others throats despite being fans of a band that clearly doesn't want us to be that way, as told by the messages in their music. Sometimes I doubt these people are even listening to the same band.

I wonder if much of that "at each other's throats" is just spirited debate and horsing around, no?

Wait I thought you asked 73 to ban you from SOCN, you never did anything to get banned. The one insult you gave Tony R gives you an automatic 2 week ban, that's it.

It is still a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

• Like 1

That sounds like a great Hunter S. Thompson quote but then I look it up and find it's a quote from Star Wars. Lame.

That sounds like a great Hunter S. Thompson quote but then I look it up and find it's a quote from Star Wars. Lame.

You want more lame??? I find Thompson to be over rated and believe Star Wars, the original 1977 film to be the height of American Art and Culture.

Okay I gotta ask...What the heck is SOCN?

A section of the forum where members can argue about politics. I've never applied for access since you can argue about that stuff anywhere on the Internet and, IMO, it's a waste of time.

• Like 1

A section of the forum where members can argue about politics. I've never applied for access since you can argue about that stuff anywhere on the Internet and, IMO, it's a waste of time.

Yep, I am with ya there. Thanks

The Sense O'Clock News, open letters to the powers that be. To some outside looking in its just a political sub forum of TRF. It is really the elite of Rushfandom solving the complex geo-political issues of our time.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

All I wanted to you guys do was to get you guys to ask yourselves "Is fighting about stupid bullshit in SOCN and hating others for differing opinions really what being a Rush fan is all about?"

I don't know about you, but for me, it's not.

Who gives a fu** dude. It's called life. People have their opinions. Quit whining and do some thing with your self. Geeeees! :facepalm:

:LOL:

You're a bit raw when you're about to have a great time fishing, aren't you? :LOL:

Have a great time out there! :)

Maybe so,

But this type of sh** gets old. Rush is no better than you or myself. We all have our special talents. BTW, why does he bring up SOCN? We all have our opinions. Right or wrong it doesn't matter. Get a life and quit whining all the time.

Consider the source.

True,

I can have a lot of patience and sympathy for people depending on who they are and the problem. But the sh** just gets old.

Edited by troutman

The Sense O'Clock News, open letters to the powers that be. To some outside looking in its just a political sub forum of TRF. It is really the elite of Rushfandom solving the complex geo-political issues of our time.

Oh okay. Not my kind of thing. I am here to talk music but y'all have fun with that. ;)

• Like 1

I wonder if someone is hitting the bottle or maybe the bong this evening? At any rate, Rush is no more special than any other band, they just happen to be your favorite band, seemingly. Lots of bands have similar music and certainly similar abilities. There are bands with thoughtful or timely lyrics too.

Sending a cyberhug your way

Quit it, you uphill gardener. :P

Ford, how come you ditched Polly?

Every time I saw it, I was reminded I know people like that and they're cloying and not at all realistic. I like the Haida style art much better. Don't you?

I was kind of partial to Pollyanna.

I'd take her up, but I'm become too attached to Mona.

a0a95e959a89f8ae349ed4c0d3008127.jpg

If you could only see me laughing right now. I love that! :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Thank you for brightening my day, Eagle! :hug2:

Lorraine have you ever seen this version?

Imgur-97ddff.png

• Like 2

You guys have completely missed the point of my topic, which consequentially proves my point.

I think the initial point of any thread is to spark discussion

What I get from many of your posts fraroc is that you a) do a good job getting people talking and b) there is an underlying tone that you feel Rush - and probably Neil in particular - has contempt for the fans ..

Do you feel at all resentful towards the band ?

What I get from many of your posts fraroc is that you a) do a good job getting people talking and b) there is an underlying tone that you feel Rush - and probably Neil in particular - has contempt for the fans ..

I think u missed your true calling.

OP: if you start a thread and EVERYONE misses the point that's on you. Tighten up your writing and editing skills so you can actually make a point. Another good suggestion is to confirm you have a point to begin with.

I'm special, you're special, Rush is special...WE'RE ALL SPECIAL DAMMIT!!
  • Like 1

*Snort* I will take my ham-fisted cave-person like sensibilities and lack of deep cognizant lyrical dissection elsewhere then. Feh.

Whoosh...to the land of whatever is opposite of special!

*Snort* I will take my ham-fisted cave-person like sensibilities and lack of deep cognizant lyrical dissection elsewhere then. Feh.

Whoosh...to the land of whatever is opposite of special!

Toronto

I think u missed your true calling.

There's still plenty of time

:)

Well, the first thing you pointed out is my goal in making topics. My goal is to start discussions and get everybody involved in the conversation.

My problem with Neil is not as black and white as everybody on this forum thinks it is. There's sort of this attitude that exists on this page which says that criticizing him in any way shape or form is a major taboo. I think my reasons for criticizing Neil are in fact legitimate. I fully believe he is holding Geddy and Alex back from doing what they want and now it almost seems like he's unwilling to write lyrics if Ged and Al decide that they want to do the follow-up to CA. In the end, I think he's becoming a lot like Steve Walsh formerly of Kansas. His unwillingness to do things is holding his bandmates back

Edited by fraroc