Sometimes, Rush just seems too special for us.

fraroc

Im too special for this thread, too special for this thread....

Start a new thread and exaggerate everything to god like proportions and speak about everything like it's legit world altering proverbial wit

The amount of lyrics that Neil wrote that actually touch me couldn't produce two three minute songs.

Neil.......is not that great lyricist. Book Smart and a lyricist can make an annoying combo. plus he just got way to bitter for me. i already have enough bitterness in my head, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I was quite influenced by Neils lyrics when I was young. He made me read a lot of literature I otherwise might have missed. After he started writing about more mundane things like real life, then it got less interesting.
  • Like 1

I was quite influenced by Neils lyrics when I was young. He made me read a lot of literature I otherwise might have missed. After he started writing about more mundane things like real life, then it got less interesting.

I wouldn't necessarily call the lyrics to songs like Subdivisions, Middletown Dreams, Red Sector A, Dreamline, Nobody's Hero, Clockwork Angels and The Pass to be mundane.

I wouldn't necessarily call the lyrics to songs like Subdivisions, Middletown Dreams, Red Sector A, Dreamline, Nobody's Hero, Clockwork Angels and The Pass to be mundane.

That's you. I would.

That's you. I would.

I wouldn't necessarily call the meanings of these songs mundane.

Subdivisions: Bullying and life in the suburbs.

Middletown Dreams: Being unfufilled in life.

Red Sector A: The Holocaust

Dreamline: Wanderlust and looking back on your youth.

Nobody's Hero: Not being appreciated for your good deeds.

Clockwork Angels: Describing characters in the story.

The Pass: Suicide.

That's you. I would.

I wouldn't necessarily call the meanings of these songs mundane.

Subdivisions: Bullying and life in the suburbs.

Middletown Dreams: Being unfufilled in life.

Red Sector A: The Holocaust

Dreamline: Wanderlust and looking back on your youth.

Nobody's Hero: Not being appreciated for your good deeds.

Clockwork Angels: Describing characters in the story.

The Pass: Suicide.

I wouldn't put CA's in that list since it's about a fantasy world. Look up the definition of mundane.

Rush have been special to me since Hemispheres came out.I went through a bad time in my life in the 90s when i had absolutely nothing except a boombox ,my Rush cds(and Zeppelin) and the clothes I was standing in.No money.Homeless.I remember scraping enough money to buy Test For Echo before food(or grog).The only way was up :geddy: :Alex: :Neil: :angel: