Brazil 2016: Olympiad XXXI

goose

I am very happy to see the games off to a great start. I had serious concerns and only have reporting from the media, but all looks good so far after a wonderful opening ceremony. :yay: :fistbump: :yay: Go Rio Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

http://www.sambada.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/benetton-crop2-768x365.jpg

SambaDa playing in Carson City tonight! Gonna get my Rio on! :7up: :7up: :7up:

• Like 3

Geddy Lee's gotten all grey! :blink:
  • Like 2

Geddy Lee's gotten all grey! :blink:

:LOL:

Gymnast Marisa Dick from Trinidad & Tobago invents a new move never seen before in competition......it does have an odd name though it's called The Dick. Seen below at the ten second mark I'd say it's impressive flexibility.

Poland 3 Egypt 0 in volleyball action. :) World Champions shouldn't have a problem getting out of group B. The trouble will start at the quarterfinal stage, where a tough opponent is guaranteed.
  • Like 1

Poland 3 Egypt 0 in volleyball action. :) World Champions shouldn't have a problem getting out of group B. The trouble will start at the quarterfinal stage, where a tough opponent is guaranteed.

One of the best sports at the Games.

• Like 1

Handball result: Brazil 34 Poland 32. Not the start I was expecting from 3rd place team in the last World Championships. That first half was unwatchable. Oh well, we'll have to do it the hard way. :madra:

Today's fun fact:

The pommel horse was developed centuries ago as an artificial horse used by soldiers to practice mounting and dismounting

• Like 1

Today's fun fact:

The pommel horse was developed centuries ago as an artificial horse used by soldiers to practice mounting and dismounting

Another fun fact: Canada 3 USA 0 in volleyball. The end is near! :codger:
  • Like 1

I have to say I'm fascinated with the sport Fencing. I watched Alexander Massialas take silver earlier today. Now I'm watching women's gymnastics.
  • Like 1

Ouch!!!!!!!!!! Three fractured Vertebrae - Look at the curb she lands on. I'd never ride again :scared: :scared: :scared: At least her teammate won -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4D6r7kbgE

I was watching that race intently and I remember saying they need to take care going around those downhill corners. The second I saw her take that corner and the angle I knew it was over for her. I know in cycling THE WORST time in riding/racing is when you had a dry surface then a light drizzle or mist. The roads are slick as ice in that the oils on the roads doesn't get a chance to be washed away like you would more likely in a down pour. Btw if it had not started to rain that American rider might have had a better chance to win. She would have taken more chances on that decent. Oh I felt her pain when those three riders zoomed past as she had nothing left and was left out of the medal stand. Like someone said that Netherlands rider's teammate won.

USA take the first Gold of the Games through Virginia Thrasher in the shooting competion.

She beats out China for the first place.

Germany pipped for the bronze.

One thing, and this may be a translation failure of German TV, but they just said she is at university

studying '' Mountaineering". Is that a Degree course in the US?

She attends West Virginia University, whose mascot is the Mountaineers

• Like 3