Brazil 2016: Olympiad XXXI

goose

Who knew the Olympics have actually started before the Opening ceremony ??

Canada broad scores a goal 20 seconds into the 1st game

https://www.yahoo.co...-182941003.html

They always start soccer early because the Olympics last only a little over two weeks and you need your rest between matches.
  • Like 1

The Nigeria men's soccer team isn't in Rio yet. But they're flying 3,000 miles to play their game tomorrow.

They will land 6 hours before kickoff vs. Japan....

• Like 1

Today's Brazilian Fun Fact:

Brazil bought its independence from Portugal in 1825 with a loan from a fellow named Nathan Mayer Rothschild.

Amaze your friends

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching some cycling this weekend. Rafal Majka, fresh after Tour de France, where he won the mountain goat title, should be a factor. Especially when you look at the map of the 241,5 km race. Three huge hills await the riders... :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Who knew the Olympics have actually started before the Opening ceremony ??

Canada broad scores a goal 20 seconds into the 1st game

Did you mean broads like these? ;) ;) :D

The article's author is predicting US women will win anywhere from 22 to 31 Gold medals in Rio!

" America's women are going to kick the world's ass at the Rio Olympics -"

http://www.sbnation....ky-simone-biles

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

If Bob Costas is going to broadcast this Olympics with NO PINK EYE, I'm not sure I can watch it.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/CpD3RqrUAAIeQQj_zpsmdvb7tri.jpg

If Bob Costas is going to broadcast this Olympics with NO PINK EYE, I'm not sure I can watch it.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/CpD3RqrUAAIeQQj_zpsmdvb7tri.jpg

I'm hoping to watch these Games using my computer, just to avoid guys like him. :P
  • Like 1

I watched everything from start to finish, and thought it was great! I'm curious: what are your impressions about the ceremony? And do you know the story of the guy who lit the torch?

Nbc coverage sucked. Once the us marched they constantly went from covering other countries coming into stadium to show us a dozen us athletes shouting USA. It was embarrassing and caused us to miss a lot that happened. Otherwise I enjoyed the show.
  • Like 1

I watched everything from start to finish, and thought it was great! I'm curious: what are your impressions about the ceremony? And do you know the story of the guy who lit the torch?

I missed that, Rod. What's the story?

USA take the first Gold of the Games through Virginia Thrasher in the shooting competion.

She beats out China for the first place.

Germany pipped for the bronze.

One thing, and this may be a translation failure of German TV, but they just said she is at university

studying '' Mountaineering". Is that a Degree course in the US?

USA take the first Gold of the Games through Virginia Thrasher in the shooting competion.

She beats out China for the first place.

Germany pipped for the bronze.

One thing, and this may be a translation failure of German TV, but they just said she is at university

studying '' Mountaineering". Is that a Degree course in the US?

Every college has its own curriculum of study so it's hard to say.

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching some cycling this weekend. Rafal Majka, fresh after Tour de France, where he won the mountain goat title, should be a factor. Especially when you look at the map of the 241,5 km race. Three huge hills await the riders... :popcorn:

Majka was leading with 2 km to go, but couldn't keep it up, finished 3rd. Good job, overall. Also, congrats to Kwiatkowski for setting the table for Rafal. :fistbump:
  • Like 1