Who is a Better Vocalist Geddy Lee or Rik Emmett

Bigbobby10

Who is a Better Vocalist Geddy Lee or Rik Emmett   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a Better Vocalist Geddy Lee or Rik Emmett

When it comes to Triumph, I think I actually like Gil Moore...erm... more

Really? I guess he was the more hard rock/metal singer of the two. Rik's voice was better suited for radio. I'd rank them in this order...

Classic Geddy > Classic Rik (I don't know his current voice) > Modern Geddy > Gil Moore

• Like 1

When it comes to Triumph, I think I actually like Gil Moore...erm... more

Really? I guess he was the more hard rock/metal singer of the two. Rik's voice was better suited for radio. I'd rank them in this order...

Classic Geddy > Classic Rik (I don't know his current voice) > Modern Geddy > Gil Moore

Well, really, I was just taking the opportunity to make a joke based on the Moore/More surname.

I suppose I just like the fact that there were two lead vocalists, and thus there's half the time to get fed up of one. And I've said before, my favourite Triumph song is I Live for the Weekend, which Gil Moore sings. I love the way he goes almost falsetto on certain words.

Gonna get high, gonna have some fun

It's the same with Kansas. Steve Walsh is great, but I always love those Robby Steinhardt songs too...In fact, I think they're at there best when they sing together in harmony.

• Like 1

This is a battle between two amazing vocalists, both reach very high notes.

For me I am going with Rik Emmett because in the long run, his voice stayed good overtime, while Geddy's became worse as time progressed

This.

Sadly, Geddy sounds like crap now (but did sound better during R40). :(

That said, no one would sound right singing a Rush tune other than Geddy.

• Like 1

I'll vote Geddy Lee because this is a Rush forum and I don't give a shit about this other Rik guy I've never heard of.

...Seriously though, who's Rik and why should I care?

:facepalm:
  • Like 2

Geddy f***ing Lee

I saw Rik Emmett perform with his other band at the Latin Expo. He has always been a favorite of mine. It takes a lot of skill to play a double necked guitar. My favorite Triumph song has always been Lay It On the Line. Never Surrender is also a good one. :)
  • Like 2

I saw Rik Emmett perform with his other band at the Latin Expo. He has always been a favorite of mine. It takes a lot of skill to play a double necked guitar. My favorite Triumph song has always been Lay It On the Line. Never Surrender is also a good one. :)

Never Surrender is my favorite! :haz: