That Metal Show

Permanent-Rush

Trunk is a former metalhead who stopped being one years ago but still thinks he's one now. Ever notice how his metal discussions very rarely cover anything from the 90s to today? Dude is great with metal knowledge as long as you don't go past anything recorded after 1989.

Now Jim and Don are the real deal. They love all metal whether it's the classic stuff or newer bands. Eddie held those two back. If those two ever did a metal show together it would probably put That Metal Show to shame.

Hmm.. So the moral of the story is that the cute posterboy "Eddie Trunk" held the show back and went against all that which was considered metal for the sake of ratings... S74 will accept this, but no metal fan will? :)

That's just me making assumptions ;)

None of this is true.

Care to explain how it's not?

I watched and enjoyed the show when there was a guest on I was interested in. I never watched because of Trunk. I never knew who he was before this, so his opinion on music held no weight with me. But it's pretty obvious by what he talks about that he's one of those metal fans who moved on in the mid 90s and largely left the genre behind and never came back to it.

He stays around and pretends to still be a metalhead because he's gotten a good, steady, nice paying gig out of being in the music industry all these years. There's nothing wrong with that but when you don't have the current knowledge about the product you're promoting, it makes you look bad.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Trunk is a former metalhead who stopped being one years ago but still thinks he's one now. Ever notice how his metal discussions very rarely cover anything from the 90s to today? Dude is great with metal knowledge as long as you don't go past anything recorded after 1989.

Now Jim and Don are the real deal. They love all metal whether it's the classic stuff or newer bands. Eddie held those two back. If those two ever did a metal show together it would probably put That Metal Show to shame.

They might be the real deal as far as metal goes, but they employ themselves as comedians and for the life of me, I don't know how they make a living. They are about as funny as Kate Bush.

• Like 1