ZyEcuti.jpg

Awesome!!

But.... What is that plastic box 5hing there with the FIREPOWER cover on?? :P

Pat!

I received my two FIREPOWER cassettes today when I got home on from my METAL TRIP.

My great friend Pat who passed away last week ordered his FIREPOWER Blu Spec cds from CD JAPAN too.

Sadly he died and he was never able to hear the mighty FIREPOWER.

Well his copies of FIREPOWER arrived today.

His girlfriend Patti is going to mail them to me.

Pat would want me to have them she said.

Oh also Duck, Pat wanted me to have his entire GHOST collection and collectables.

I got Pat into GHOST thanks to you Pat when you wrote that first GHOST thread on here years ago.

Pat was a GHOST ADDICT!

Before Pat passed away he mailed me his fully autographed GHOST cd booklet for my 50th birthday back in Feb.

Wow. What a momento. So sad.

The cd booklet is by my bed so I can look at it every day.

RIP PAT HANSEN

I love you my my METAL BROTHER! FOREVER!!!

We saw easily 100 shows.

A Y&T Freak too.

UGH.

The pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

:( :hug2: :rose:

• Like 1

The world's most relevant music critic loves Firepower, cites it as one of the best metal albums of the decade, on of Priests better albums ever, and gives it an 8/10, though the way he talks it up it sounds more like a 9.

• Like 1

The world's most relevant music critic loves Firepower, cites it as one of the best metal albums of the decade, on of Priests better albums ever, and gives it an 8/10, though the way he talks it up it sounds more like a 9.

Wow I literally just watched that and was about to post it! I haven't watched a review from this guy for a while!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z9n4DNNsy8

Edited by treeduck

I'm really surprised they're not playing Spectre, especially after making a video for it. It's one of the album's better tracks and would sound great live. I was hoping they'd work it in starting with the Canadian leg, but nope.

As good as Firepower is, they should be playing at least 4 tunes from it. For the love of god, drop TL already!!!

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 2

I told you not to get your hopes up with them playing a lot of new songs. They won't drop TL because no matter what era of Priest you may like best it's a huge crowd pleasing song that everybody knows. Also, most of that album is shit so at least they're playing one of the few good ones from it.

Yeah I know, it does follow their setlist quotas for the last several tours. I was hoping they might take a chance on more new material this time.

That's one thing I admire about Maiden. If they believe a new song is worthy, they will play it, fairweather fans be damned!

• Like 1

You know what's crazy? Every time I think I've had enough of Firepower for a while, as soon as I let one of the songs play in my head, I'm like, "wait I have to listen to this right now," and I listen to the whole album all over again.

I'm finding something new on every listen too. This is incredible.

Stained Class

Screaming For Vengeance

Sad Wings Of Destiny

Firepower

British Steel

Killing Machine

Sin After Sin

• Like 1

Wonderful show last night! I didn't end up buying any merch, though. I can't justify spending $50 on a t-shirt. A shirt would have to scratch my arse for me to spend that much on it. I wish they would play some more songs from Firepower, but oh well. I saw people getting up to go to the bathroom during Evil Never Dies. A lot of people. I was like, "Come on..." But to each their own. Great show!
  • Like 1

Flame Thrower is rocking my world right now.

That's one of the songs that are completely unique to Firepower. Although to be honest all the album sounds like new Priest. There's hints of Defenders, Screaming, Point of Entry, Sad Wings, Painkiller, Redeemer, Ram it Down and Angel here and there, but mostly it's all-new!

• Like 3

I told you not to get your hopes up with them playing a lot of new songs. They won't drop TL because no matter what era of Priest you may like best it's a huge crowd pleasing song that everybody knows. Also, most of that album is shit so at least they're playing one of the few good ones from it.

This version of Turbo Lover is probably the heaviest ever!

I'm a Turbo fan myself, I've always liked that one even though it's not popular.

• Like 1

Yeah I know, it does follow their setlist quotas for the last several tours. I was hoping they might take a chance on more new material this time.

That's one thing I admire about Maiden. If they believe a new song is worthy, they will play it, fairweather fans be damned!

I think they'll introduce more new songs later in the tour.

Flame Thrower is rocking my world right now.

That's one of the songs that are completely unique to Firepower. Although to be honest all the album sounds like new Priest. There's hints of Defenders, Screaming, Point of Entry, Sad Wings, Painkiller, Redeemer, Ram it Down and Angel here and there, but mostly it's all-new!

Strangely enough, whenever I hear Flame Thrower, I think Point Of Entry. Like stylistically, it seems it would fit with the tracks on that album. But then the guitar sound is more like the Painkiller album. That verse riff kicks ass!

Flame Thrower and Traiter's Gate are constantly fighting to be my favorite FP track.

• Like 1

I think they'll introduce more new songs later in the tour.

Yeah, just like they did on the last tour. Wait, they actually dropped one of the new songs and never added anything else.

Anyways, my favorites from the new album are Evil Never Dies, Rising From Ruins, Spectre and Traitors Gate. But the whole album is great.

• Like 1