ANOTHER NEW ORIGINAL TOPIC, never been discussed, does TRF enhance your appreciation of NEIL PEART or cause you to LOATHE HIM???

JohnRogers

Love Neil more or loathe him more?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Has spending time at TRF increased your admiration of Neil Peart or do you admire him less?

• Love and admire him more!
    • I now find him to be a loathsome creature and wish I never found this forum.
    • I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend
    • Matters not I'm all aboot Geddy. I want to be a Geddy Lee meat sandwich.
    • Matters not I just admire Alex Lifeson's large hands.

You should never meet your heroes.

Ironically my experience was actually positive. I have no regrets dude. It's not like I could have yelled out "NEIL! I AM A DRUMMER THANKS TO YOUR INFLUENCE!"

Just didn't happen that way. It's reality. It's life and I will cherish that memory forever.

I've met many of my heroes and they have all been wonderful.

Mark McGwire. He moved in next to my parents and we became friends.

The entire Tony LaRussa family! They all love RUSH too. Hung with them many times at Rush concerts and many other shows.

Jose Canseco! A total jerk, but he was so cool to me!!

All the Y&T guys!

Simon Phillips

Dave Weckl

Steve Gadd

Michael Schenker

Scorps

Al Di Meola

On and on and on.

I could write book man.

Fukk it.

I will never forget seeing Neil come off of his tour bus. Dressed in all black like Johnny Fukking Cash. Black wavy hair. Big red bloated face. He looked drunk on red wine. Poor fella. He was angry and pissed off at something. It wasn't me.

I just wanted to pretend a stranger was a long awaited drumming friend.

EPIC FUCKKING FAIL!! LOL!

Some of my buddies who were in ENCHANT where there. I told them I met Neil in a very strange way, they thought I was on fuckking crack cocaine.

LOL!

I've never done cocaine in my life. Ironic eh?

I type like a drug addict but I am actually quite grounded.

Love is in the air.

I am happy tonight.

If I was a hot air balloon I would be thriving.

Hope that makes sense.

Neil Peart is my MAN.

I don't give a shit about what people say.

I ripped open my right thumb tonight playing to Rush music. I don't give a shit. I am happy.

Have you ever seen "Whiplash?" Great fukking movie!

See it.

I will take my criticism and my lumps for being a Neil Fanboy even though I hate when he changed his style to Freddie Gruber. UGH!!!!! FUCLLLKKKKK!

Forget about the matchstick to traditional grip.

Once he dumped a fukking bass drum it was all over!! DAMN!!!!!!'

You real Rush fans just don't get me man.

I need to write a book and stop wasting my time on here.

I am taking up too much of Jim's fuckking bandwidth.

I'm in love with someone..

Nite

I am "Nobody's Hero"

Yet my two daughters still love me to death after divorce.

I am beyond lucky.

I kept my real estate and my girls know "The Real Me."

signed,

THE WHO

You guys may think I'm fuckking crazy from my posts and threads but I am one hell of a father.

The proof is in the pudding.

My girls are 4.0 students, soccer stars, no drugs, no bullshit.

I am blessed.

I am not "Faithless."

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I am Neil Peart Clone 666.

There are many of us out there in the world.

I love all musicians who try to emulate RUSH.

I am part of the Rush cover band collective. I play with I mean by myself. Story of my life. I don't care.

I am confident and I know I am good on the skins.

I need a filter. Hey Jim! How about adding a RUSHHHEAD FILTER!

I try to be a positive poster but "In The End" I am By Tor The Back Door "NO" DOG.

My life is rough rough.

I WANT CANDY JIM!

Signed,

BOW WOW WOW!!!!

"If I could wave my magic wand," I'd make everyone stop bitching about Neil and just be thankful that he went for that audition in summer / '74. Nobody is perfect... but, I'll bet if any of you complainers knew the guy, even a tiny bit, you'd probably think he was the best guy ever. Leave the goddam man alone. Go do some Neil air drumming instead...

Rush has to pay me if they use a Holographic Neil on tour. I thought of it first .

Negative we have discussed Holographic Peart for future tours already. We need a name for it though.

Ironically my experience was actually positive. I have no regrets dude. It's not like I could have yelled out "NEIL! I AM A DRUMMER THANKS TO YOUR INFLUENCE!"

Just didn't happen that way. It's reality. It's life and I will cherish that memory forever.

I've met many of my heroes and they have all been wonderful.

Earl, I'm one of your heroes but you haven't met me yet. It wouldn't be that Peart deer in headlights experience that you had in which he scampered away quickly either. I'd have my security guards, a dozen g-string wearing Playboy playmate-like strippers, strip search you before you could say "Johnny". That's how wonderful I am.

"You should never meet your heroes"...I couldn't disagree more. My dad's my hero. Met him plenty of times and still not enough. I say meet everyone you can: heroes, enemies, friends, & Satan's number dudes on message boards that appear crazier than they really are. Just don't expect anything from any of them. But meet them? Shit, of course you should.

neil presents a highly unlikeable persona in his books and on his blog. doesn't stop me from loving his work with RUSH.

I dont agree with this at all. Another case of projecting your feelings into him.

no, it's a case of me giving my opinion of the way he presents himself in his writings.

You people who love Geddy are fools. Geddy is beyond amazing but he is truly an arrogant prick.

I know many stories about his true persona.

NO. No you stop that now! I already feel one of these guys is a douche.

neil presents a highly unlikeable persona in his books and on his blog. doesn't stop me from loving his work with RUSH.

I dont agree with this at all. Another case of projecting your feelings into him.

no, it's a case of me giving my opinion of the way he presents himself in his writings.

Yes. Your subjective opinion.

I think that's the definition of "opinion", DD

• Like 1

right, my subjective opinion.

what's your point?

right, my subjective opinion.

what's your point?

This is arguing about nothing. Of course it's a subjective opinion. So what if it is? Does it make the opinion invalid?

Peart is what he is, perception, appreciation doesn't come into it.

What does this mean?

Peart is who he is. How difficult is that to understand?

Neil Peart is who we thought he is. And we let him off the hook. If you want to crown him as the best drummer in the world then crown his ass.

Classic Denny Green reference gets my :ebert:

Peart is what he is, perception, appreciation doesn't come into it.

What does this mean?

Peart is who he is. How difficult is that to understand?

Neil Peart is who we thought he is. And we let him off the hook. If you want to crown him as the best drummer in the world then crown his ass.

Not to mention the fact that he had the Vikings ready to advance to the Super Bowl in '98-'99

I was just getting over that travesty...dammit! :facepalm:

• Like 1

Strange because when I insult you you are pretty certain that I'm an asshole. When Peart's writings attack us "the fans" or fat people or people of faith or organised religion then we have to reserve judgement. Um ok?

I'm not denying I'm an arsehole btw.

Strange because when I insult you you are pretty certain that I'm an asshole. When Peart's writings attack us "the fans" or fat people or people of faith or organised religion then we have to reserve judgement. Um ok?

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/fat-tony-3.png

• Like 1

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/fat-tony-3.png

I like you. I don't know whether to smack you on your kisser or kiss you on your smacker.