New Ghostbusters Trailer

Tombstone Mountain

Egads.....the high-pitched whiny voices are bad enough, but the dialogue.........

NOT.........GONNA............SEE IT.

It looks like garbage, if you have been living under a rock their apparent damage control is calling all the haters misogynists and saying if you don't want to see this movie you are sexist and should get out of your mother's basement and that killed any chance of me going to see this without getting free tickets Edited by Airship2112

The other thing is with Independence Day considered a Bomb, after such a Pre July 4 release failure , although we know it will make $$ the next week with the 4th on a Monday,

The pressure is really on for Steel Magnolias....I mean Broad Ghostbusters...

• Like 1

It looks like garbage, if you have been living under a rock their apparent damage control is calling all the haters misogynists and saying if you don't want to see this movie you are sexist and should get out of your mother's basement and that killed any chance of me going to see this without getting free tickets

I don't think the all female cast is what's getting most of the backlash. It's trying to do a reboot of the franchise and acting like the first two Ghostbuster films never existed is what's bothering so many people. The trailers being as bad as they are is doing nothing to calm the hate either.

There's no reasoning behind doing the reboot with an all female cast. At least if they were to acknowledge the original movie and say that these are the daughters of the original cast, carrying on the family business then people might be more willing to give it a shot.

Everything about this reboot has just been done wrong and everyone can see it.

• Like 4

It looks like garbage, if you have been living under a rock their apparent damage control is calling all the haters misogynists and saying if you don't want to see this movie you are sexist and should get out of your mother's basement and that killed any chance of me going to see this without getting free tickets

I don't think the all female cast is what's getting most of the backlash. It's trying to do a reboot of the franchise and acting like the first two Ghostbuster films never existed is what's bothering so many people. The trailers being as bad as they are is doing nothing to calm the hate either.

There's no reasoning behind doing the reboot with an all female cast. At least if they were to acknowledge the original movie and say that these are the daughters of the original cast, carrying on the family business then people might be more willing to give it a shot.

I know its not the female cast thats getting most of the backlash(some of it but not all of it, you have some jerks who just hate it because they are but its a minority of the haters) but Sony and Paul Feig think it is or marketing thinks it will work out in the end, just look at the damage control alienating fans of the original two movies who just wanted GB3 and are scared by how bad the reboot looks, if only all the surviving Ghostbusters cast reprized their roles in this reboot (or bring Oscar in as a Ghostbuster Sigourney Weaver said something that she would want to see in Ghostbusters 3 is Oscar becoming a ghostbuster) I would have been more forgiving but since this movie has nothing to do with the other two Ghostbusters it just makes me disappointed that after so many false starts and rumors about Ghostbusters 3, we get this garbage.

I know its not the female cast thats getting most of the backlash(some of it but not all of it, you have some jerks who just hate it because they are but its a minority of the haters) but Sony and Paul Feig think it is or marketing thinks it will work out in the end, just look at the damage control alienating fans of the original two movies who just wanted GB3 and are scared by how bad the reboot looks, if only all the surviving Ghostbusters cast reprized their roles in this reboot (or bring Oscar in as a Ghostbuster Sigourney Weaver said something that she would want to see in Ghostbusters 3 is Oscar becoming a ghostbuster) I would have been more forgiving but since this movie has nothing to do with the other two Ghostbusters it just makes me disappointed that after so many false starts and rumors about Ghostbusters 3, we get this garbage.

I hear you.

Ghostbusters 2 actually wasn't good IMHO but at least the cast was there to save it from being a total piece of shit. I liked all of those guys and characters (even in a below average movie).

• Like 1

OSCAR?? You named him after a Hot Dog

Although Leslie Jones is thoroughly unlikeable, the writing and concept seem awful. 0 interest in seeing it. Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 1

As others have said, the all-female cast has zero to do with it, unless you mean all four of them appearing unfunny and not good in the trailer. Bomb-o-rama.

They really picked the wrong week to release a film that is advertising a 'Angry Black Woman'

I am very interested to see the box office numbers on this 1

They really picked the wrong week to release a film that is advertising a 'Angry Black Woman'

Think about these box office numbers:

Transformers part 2 which somehow was much MUCH worse than the shitty original made $836 million at the box office off a $200 million budget. Shawshank Redemption made just $58 million off a $25 million budget.

• Like 1

Transformers part 2 which somehow was much MUCH worse than the shitty original made $836 million at the box office off a $200 million budget. Shawshank Redemption made just $58 million off a $25 million budget.

No movie has had the hatred this film has. I actually think if it makes decent $$ in weekend 1, they will be thankful

at $144 Million Budget and knowing the dislike for Independence Day and Tarzan..they may actually do ok.

The competition has not lived up to hype. The ad campaign costs $18 million ...

All of the studios cards on on the table...It still looks like a POS

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

No movie has had the hatred this film has. I actually think if it makes decent $$ in weekend 1, they will be thankful

at $144 Million Budget and knowing the dislike for Independence Day and Tarzan..they may actually do ok.

Can't really trust that it's received the most hatred ever (I read that somewhere too) simply because people are trigger happy with "like" and "dislike" buttons/comments.

Off 84 reviews from RottenTomatoes it's got 77% which is pretty good. Don't get me wrong, it looks like shit to me and I won't see it but I don't believe this is actually the most hated movie. If Battlefield Earth were released today instead of 15-20 years ago THAT would more than likely have MORE hate feedback.

• Like 1

Can't really trust that it's received the most hatred ever (I read that somewhere too) simply because people are trigger happy with "like" and "dislike" buttons/comments.

Off 84 reviews from RottenTomatoes it's got 77% which is pretty good. Don't get me wrong, it looks like shit to me and I won't see it but I don't believe this is actually the most hated movie. If Battlefield Earth were released today instead of 15-20 years ago THAT would more than likely have MORE hate feedback.

More importantly, I think today's audience is impossible to handicap. What should work doesn't and what should fail does great some of the time. We know it has the online hate, let's see if people keep their money...I am predicting a $52 million opening weekend. I think they will be the beneficiary of a bunch of average films and people will say F it...And for the record that is WAY more than I would have predicted 2 months ago....

More importantly, I think today's audience is impossible to handicap. What should work doesn't and what should fail does great some of the time. We know it has the online hate, let's see if people keep their money...I am predicting a $52 million opening weekend. I think they will be the beneficiary of a bunch of average films and people will say F it...And for the record that is WAY more than I would have predicted 2 months ago....

Yeah that could happen. I imagine a few might even go just to see the train wreck that they expect it to be.

• Like 1

That $144 million budget is the scary part for the studios.

No one will buy the DVD's or marketing with the film...so it's tickets only....studio thought they were on the verge of the next huge franchise and it just did not work

Quietly some folks will be shown the door

No one will buy the DVD's or marketing with the film...

Do you honestly believe this?

Yes, the studio had a deal in place with McDonalds last year, that deal was cancelled by McDonalds due to the way the film looked in Post Production

That began the negative ball....not that DVD's are a huge part anymore, but knowing the release date was moved 3 times, even the studio is praying bored people on summer vacation will go....we'll see