KJ's NASCAR Pick'em 2016

KenJennings

I find it highly amusing that people on a NASCAR thread are offended that NASCAR supports Donald Trump. NASCAR-loving, 3-toothed, fat, Bud-drinking, sister-screwing rednecks are his core demographic and you're offended???

Week Eight Picks

Food City 500 (Bristol)

http://imageshack.com/a/img593/4212/27menard.png laughedatbytime - P1 (27) 205 pts

Used: Paul Menard, Austin Dillon, Danica Patrick, Jimmie Johnson (w), Kevin Harvick (w), Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Ryan Blaney.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4880/yYVltC.png KenJennings - P2 (32) 205 pts

Used: Ryan Newman, Jamie McMurray, Brian Vickers, Austin Dillon, Kevin Harvick (w), Joey Logano, Ricky Stenhouse, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/20/ygYnuM.png blueschica - P3 184 (6) pts

Used: Matt Kenseth, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch (w), Joey Logano, Paul Menard, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9020/UTuRsl.png Cygnus 2112 - P4 (39) 182 pts

Used: Kurt Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick (w), Matt Kenseth, Ryan Newman, Chase Elliott.

http://imageshack.com/a/img833/4567/11hamlin.png Mr. blues - P5 (21) 170 pts

Used Denny Hamlin, Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex, Jimmie Johnson (w), Kyle Larson, Aric Almirola, Ricky Stenhouse, Chase Elliott.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/20/ygYnuM.png Racer X - n/a (6) 163 pts

Used: Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Austin Dillon, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano, Kurt Busch, Chase Elliott.

Shake up week, but it's strangely still knotted up atop the board...

If any newcomers want to join in on this game, we can start you off with Racer X's record, and you can take over from there. It's still early in the season, and nobody's out of this.

Based on, what appeared to be half empty bleachers, NASCAR has lost some fans. Glad to see someone other than the douchebag that is Kyle Busch, win.

The night race in August has less than 500 seats available. Bristol is a great track, but nobody wants to go to the day race.

Based on, what appeared to be half empty bleachers, NASCAR has lost some fans. Glad to see someone other than the douchebag that is Kyle Busch, win.

The night race in August has less than 500 seats available. Bristol is a great track, but nobody wants to go to the day race.

I went to the day race in '07, which was the first "Car of Tomorrow" race. It was sold out, but there were about 500 people lining the road selling tickets on the way through town.

Kyle Busch with no tires,held off Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton, each with 4 fresh tires on a restart with 5 laps to go.

Awesome day, almost perfect.

Richmond had been a night race, spring and fall, since the late 90's at least. This year its spring race has been moved to Sunday afternoon; those races get better ratings. It will be interesting to see if attendance is affected.

Edited by blueschica

I've always preferred day racing, myself. The sun beats down on the track surface and brings out the grease and slick... nothing like a sunny Sunday morning for the smell or rubber and racing fuel.

Night racing cannibalizes lower levels of the sport too. You don't want to draw crowds away from the local tracks that feed racing talent.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

I went to the day race in '07, which was the first "Car of Tomorrow" race. It was sold out, but there were about 500 people lining the road selling tickets on the way through town.

Kyle Busch with no tires,held off Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton, each with 4 fresh tires on a restart with 5 laps to go.

I went to both races last weekend. I've never seen a "Busch" race at Bristol with such low attendance. Maybe 20k there.

The cup race had really low turnout as well. The campers were few and far between. Traffic was a non-factor. Bristol is officially on the watch list

I went to both races last weekend. I've never seen a "Busch" race at Bristol with such low attendance. Maybe 20k there.

The cup race had really low turnout as well. The campers were few and far between. Traffic was a non-factor. Bristol is officially on the watch list

Sad to hear this! I know some people feel the racing is not quite the same since the track was resurfaced a few years ago . . .

Sad to hear this! I know some people feel the racing is not quite the same since the track was resurfaced a few years ago . . .

The racing has been more boring in the last 2-3 years everywhere. The new low downforce package the cars have, is making racing fun everywhere, not just at Bristol. An August race like the one on Sunday, should help bring fans back to the track.