Did Alex learn to play guitar from Hendrix while in a coma??

comaquestion

The only other rumors I remember from back then - either Ray Davies or Eric Clapton (don't remember which one) had the insides of an eighty year old man due to all the speed they took, and me scrutinizing the album cover of Abbey Road looking for more telltale signs that Paul was really dead and the man walking across the street barefoot wasn't Paul at all. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Wait.. didn't Hendrix's last girlfriend ended up marrying Uli Roth of the scorpions who's first guitarist was stolen by UFO.. who opened for Rush in the 70's..?

Guys.. the coma thing could be true..!! ;)

• Like 1

I'm old enough to have heard the one about Rod Stewart ending up in the hospital because ... well ..... if you are old enough, you'll probably remember too

The variant I heard was that the source of the 17oz was a horse. Is that what you heard?

The only other rumors I remember from back then - either Ray Davies or Eric Clapton (don't remember which one) had the insides of an eighty year old man due to all the speed they took, and me scrutinizing the album cover of Abbey Road looking for more telltale signs that Paul was really dead and the man walking across the street barefoot wasn't Paul at all.

You guys had it wild where you lived! We just heard about need for the stomach pump, no horse! And I never got to hear about Ray/Eric having the insides of an 80 yr old man- that is pretty cool. All we had in PA was the old story that Keith Richards went to Switzerland once a year to get all new blood because he was such a drug user. Was so disappointed to read his autobiography and find out it was not true! Gasp!

• Like 1

I'm confused by the thread title. Was it Alex or Hendrix that was in the coma? ;)

It was Frank Marino( Canadian guitar legend ), You guys should check him out, man can Frank shred it.

Oh I know. I was joking. I'm very familiar with Mahogany Rush and Frank Marino.

I'm old enough to have heard the one about Rod Stewart ending up in the hospital because ... well ..... if you are old enough, you'll probably remember too

Was that the hamster or the stomach pump?

Rod was the stomach

Gere was the gerbil

and apologies to the original poster, and pretty much everyone else

lol

Wait.. didn't Hendrix's last girlfriend ended up marrying Uli Roth of the scorpions who's first guitarist was stolen by UFO.. who opened for Rush in the 70's..?

UFO opened for Rush

Michael Schenker was the guitarist in the Scorpions that joined UFO ( Michael's older brother Rudolph is a founding member of the Scorps, and has been a mainstay in the band since day one ... Michael briefly returned to the Scorps in 1978-79 and recorded Love Drive - and played a few shows with them also )

Let's look past the fact that UFO's bassist Pete Way is putting his pants on .. The burning question should be:

Why is Geddy wearing Neil's Percussion Center shirt, and how that that happen ??

:)

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/prog-04.2013/prog-04.2013-15.jpg

http://www.beatsworking.tv/UFO/UFO_1977_rush.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

No, no, no. That wasn't Hendrix. That was Jim Morrison's girlfriend.

And that reminds me of another wild rumor from yesteryear.

Jim Morrison faked his death. He's really still alive and lives somewhere in Paris.

You can thank me later.

• Like 1

UFO opened for Rush

Michael Schenker was the guitarist in the Scorpions that joined UFO ( Michael's older brother Rudolph is a founding member of the Scorps, and has been a mainstay in the band since day one ... Michael briefly returned to the Scorps in 1978-79 and recorded Love Drive - and played a few shows with them also )

Let's look past the fact that UFO's bassist Pete Way is putting his pants on .. The burning question should be:

Why is Geddy wearing Neil's Percussion Center shirt, and how that that happen ??

:)

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/prog-04.2013/prog-04.2013-15.jpg

http://www.beatsworking.tv/UFO/UFO_1977_rush.jpg

Holy shit dude that picture haha! Pete always wore them crazy "quiet riot" sort of pants which could maybe explain part of this but WTF happened?? I wonder if Neil's passed out in the back with Glee's slippers, but why is he cleaning his index finger..?

Big can of worms this pic is..

• Like 1

"I hope this isn't the price of fame."

I just noticed the figure on the right side of the photo - right hand uncomfortably squeezing the left hand

Must be Neil

Seriously, I'm trying to see in the mirrors who that is .. can't quite tell ... the shadow is sort of creepy

And is that a bra in the middle mirror, over Pete Way's head ??

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

I just noticed the figure on the right side of the photo - right hand uncomfortably squeezing the left hand

Must be Neil

Seriously, I'm trying to see in the mirrors who that is .. can't quite tell ... the shadow is sort of creepy

I didn't even notice that. It might very well be Neil.

It looks like a bra hanging to me too, and the shadow might be Geddy? Or the guy uncomfortably twisting his hands wondering how he can graciously get the hell out of the room? I don't know.

• Like 1

"I don't want this. I want large bread."

• Like 2

Must be Neil

Geddy thoughts at the moment: just advert your eyes and continue the conversation like it's totally normal. Then he blurts out: hey pete nice banana you got here (points to banana on fruit tray in the background). Soooo. Pete....did that bra have a name attached to it?

• Like 3

It was Frank Marino( Canadian guitar legend ), You guys should check him out, man can Frank shred it.

I had never heard of Frank Marino until this thread.

Watched some YT vids.

Damn he is phenomenal.

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 1

I had never heard of Frank Marino until this thread.

Watched some YT vids.

Damn he is phenomenal.

He rules bro, Check out Eye of the storm( 2001), What a fantastic album. The song He,s calling just blows me away.