Great Artists Keeping Music Alive For Us!

Segue Myles

There's plenty of bands both old and newer. If all goes well, a good number of bands I listen to still have another 25 years or so. Even a number of the metal bands from the 80s that I like a lot aren't that old yet (they're older, but not old men yet) and probably still have 10-15 years left in them.

I'm not worried about music dying off for me any time soon, that's for sure.

• Like 3

I will be utterly devastated the day Lacuna Coil breaks up.

Or Springsteen retires for good.

Edited by Segue Myles

My uncle who is 66 asked me to sign him up to spotify.

so :moon: to your old person theory.

lol

Mick

People sometimes rip on streaming but to me its a beautiful gift.

Deezer has allowed me unparalleled musical exploration

• Like 2

But what if that break up leads to Cristina going solo? She might even become more popular because she doesn't have that guy singer around now to ruin the songs ;)

• Like 2

But what if that break up leads to Cristina going solo? She might even become more popular because she doesn't have that guy singer around now to ruin the songs ;)

i can't tell you how many people i've shown LC have said to me.......i like them till the dude opens his mouth. :laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 1

My uncle who is 66 asked me to sign him up to spotify.

so :moon: to your old person theory.

lol

Mick

People sometimes rip on streaming but to me its a beautiful gift.

Deezer has allowed me unparalleled musical exploration

i fully embrace digital.

easy acess in one place?

GIMME GIMME!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

i can't tell you how many people i've shown LC have said to me.......i like them till the dude opens his mouth. :laughing guy:

Mick

Yeah, my brother is part of the "why's that dude gotta open his f'ing mouth?" crowd. I know many others who feel the same way. There's money in a Cristina solo run. There's a whole new wave of fans she would gain from that.

• Like 1

Giallos Flame

If you enjoy 70s style horror film music

Interesting. I pulled them up and listening now on deezer, so thanks

Is this a genre that interest you ?

I have explored it a bit

A

Lazerhawk, dan terminus and several others. I listen to at bedtime often

• Like 1

Giallos Flame

I have explored it a bit

A

I love the music to a lot of 70s and 80s horror films ... Dario Argento always had great music, whether it was Goblin, Ennio Morricone or in the case of Inferno, Keith Emerson

The Italian suspense and horror films were usually worthwhile for the music alone !!

I love Tangerine Dream too, and a lot of Kraftwerk

I'll have to check out Lazerhawk

Thanks !!!

No arguing about tastes please, just celebrate what you love, whether it be Taylor Swift or Cult Of Luna.

That's rather cool of you to name drop Cult of Luna. They're still growing on me, admittedly they're the hardest of my Big 3 of post-metal (Neurosis, Isis and CoL) to warm up to. Ironically, I saw Cult of Luna co-headline with Katatonia (CoL went on first) before I even had a chance to listen to them seriously and I dug the atmosphere but the songs went in and out the other ear for me! It almost felt like it was one hour long song! That was half year I discovered Isis and then I got too carried away with anything that's labeled "post-metal" since then. :LOL:

Of course I went back and listened to a lot of the CoL stuff. I really like their albums Somewhere Along The Highway and Salvation the most.

• Like 1

Giallos Flame

I have explored it a bit

A

ok, I am listening to Lazerhawk's Redline right now

Loving it !!

• Like 1

No arguing about tastes please, just celebrate what you love, whether it be Taylor Swift or Cult Of Luna.

That's rather cool of you to name drop Cult of Luna. They're still growing on me, admittedly they're the hardest of my Big 3 of post-metal (Neurosis, Isis and CoL) to warm up to. Ironically, I saw Cult of Luna co-headline with Katatonia (CoL went on first) before I even had a chance to listen to them seriously and I dug the atmosphere but the songs went in and out the other ear for me! It almost felt like it was one hour long song! That was half year I discovered Isis and then I got too carried away with anything that's labeled "post-metal" since then. :LOL:

Of course I went back and listened to a lot of the CoL stuff. I really like their albums Somewhere Along The Highway and Salvation the most.

They are hot and miss for me, and Neurosis already perfected this style years ago, but CoL have a lot of great music! Isis as well.

I got into these bands via Khoma, who share members with CoL.

Giallos Flame

I have explored it a bit

A

ok, I am listening to Lazerhawk's Redline right now

Loving it !!

There is a whole bunch of these type of bands out there right now. As a fellow TD fan i find ot a nice change of pace. One of the metal sites ( metal injection i think) has a reqular sunday post for these style. Its called synthwave sunday. I used to have a list of all their recs , but accidentally deleted it

• Like 1

Very much appreciate the positive vibes, Segue!

Tedeschi Trucks Band is one that people around here may not think of. Taking a century-old art form (the blues) and making it fresh and exciting, show after show after show.

Love the TTB! Last time they were in Harrisburg I had a massive flu (story of my life) and gave the tickets to the guy that cuts my hair. I was happy/unhappy to hear- "Thanks again! It was a fantastic show! Didn't know what to expect!" yay/ sigh . . .

So sorry you didn't get to go! :(

The first time I ever saw Derek Trucks perform, he and Warren Haynes were playing in Phil Lesh's band (one of the early incarnations of Phil and Friends- which also included Paul Barrere and Bill Payne, from Little Feat), in 1999...Derek was just barely 20 years old at the time, and he and Warren absolutely tore it up on a version of the Allman Brothers song Blue Sky.

Fast forward to 2008, and I actually got to meet him take a photo with him, after one of his own shows...at that same time, I also met his mother, his kids (but not Susan Tedeschi), his father and sister (who were working his merchandise table), and his brother- who was one of the drummers in his band, at the time. They are the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.

• Like 1

There is a whole bunch of these type of bands out there right now. As a fellow TD fan i find ot a nice change of pace. One of the metal sites ( metal injection i think) has a reqular sunday post for these style. Its called synthwave sunday. I used to have a list of all their recs , but accidentally deleted it

Do you know this one ?? .. This is awesome !!

So glad we started this discussion :D

• Like 1

Do you know this one ?? .. This is awesome !!

So glad we started this discussion :D

Yes, i think that was one of the synthwave sundays pics!

Lucas , if you want to try something a little more miami vice style

Try the band miami nights 1984.

• Like 1

No one mentioned Foo Fighters yet, or Def Leppard. Def Leppard's new release is pretty good and Foo Fighters are tearing it up IMO. Oh and Steven Wilson is consistently fabulous and fresh with every release. I am looking forward to 4 1/2 next week. Edited by catherine
  • Like 2

Michael Monroe is always good, no matter what ..

There are not too many older performers that I get excited about when they've got a new release, but he is an exception ... His new stuff is just as good and inspired of anything in his career

No one mentioned Foo Fighters yet, or Def Leppard. Def Leppard's new release is pretty good and Foo Fighters are tearing it up IMO.

Foo Fighters are such a great rock and roll band.

Def Leppard are sooooo good live.

Although they aren't making "High n Dry" or "Pyromania" albums anymore, they make great rock albums.

The thing these two bands have in common is that they both have a great love, appreciation and respect for classic rock.

They also but have their own distinct personalities and do what they do very well.

I just love both of these bands.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 2

No one mentioned Foo Fighters yet, or Def Leppard. Def Leppard's new release is pretty good and Foo Fighters are tearing it up IMO.

Although they aren't making "High n Dry" or "Pyromania" albums anymore, they make great rock albums.

The thing these two bands have in common is that they both have a great love, appreciation and respect for classic rock.

They also but have their own distinct personalities and do what they do very well.

Well said. Have loved Def Leppard since the beginning. Foo Fighters just get better with each album IMO.

Well said. Have loved Def Leppard since the beginning. Foo Fighters just get better with each album IMO.

I agree with you regarding FF...I think "Wasting Light" is just a perfect album.

As for Def Leppard...one of my favourite albums is 2002's "X".

Well crafted songs and production...highly underrated.

Plenty of good stuff happening imo.

Old and new bands still releasing some quality

The world of metal is breaking new barriers.

Although the last album was a let down , the sword is awesome

A non metal band that i consider pure genius is god is an astronaut. They are instrumental but strongly feel that would be loved by this forum. I dunno maybe no one likes them here.

Scar symmetry last album was a winner in my book.

Thanks for the tip on God is an astronaut. Fantastic stuff.

• Like 1