Who on the forum admits to being a hipster?

treeduck

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m563/kamrahai/TRF/bingo%201.jpg

By what my current avatar of a South Park render of myself indicates, I'm Asian (Though "uber-hot"? Uh let's not be delusional here.), wear glasses but they're thin framed. Only thing I do share with this "wonderful" hipster bingo chart here is that I do wear hoodies, and if we wanna go back a bit when I used to smoke cigarettes, Parliament was the preferred choice. Does that make me a "close but not quite hipster"? :huh:

I'm Asian too, I hate the word "uber", and I have 3 skull shirts...though those are of The Punisher type. No chance would I have anything near a Bingo.

A spider may appear to be an insect but an insect it is not.

:ph34r: You would have loved my former neighbors. Ask Treeduck about them.

Have they moved? Who lives there now?

Yes, about six months ago they were evicted, but they still live nearby. :smoke:

A sane person lives there now. :)

Do you still go over for your stash? :smoke:

Not me, but I can still hear their customers with their boom car stereos booming by on their way to their dealer's new locale. :)

By what my current avatar of a South Park render of myself indicates, I'm Asian (Though "uber-hot"? Uh let's not be delusional here.), wear glasses but they're thin framed. Only thing I do share with this "wonderful" hipster bingo chart here is that I do wear hoodies, and if we wanna go back a bit when I used to smoke cigarettes, Parliament was the preferred choice. Does that make me a "close but not quite hipster"? :huh:

I'm Asian too, I hate the word "uber", and I have 3 skull shirts...though those are of The Punisher type. No chance would I have anything near a Bingo.

Yes, about six months ago they were evicted, but they still live nearby. :smoke:

Not me, but I can still hear their customers with their boom car stereos booming by on their way to their dealer's new locale. :)

Who's the new neighbour? Is it a man that you have a crush on and you're already writing your valentines card for him?

Who's the new neighbour? Is it a man that you have a crush on and you're already writing your valentines card for him?

How did you know? :o Has he been blabbing to you??

Edited by Lorraine

I'm not one nor do I ever recall seeing one before. Maybe they don't live in the same area I do? If I have seen one before, it was in passing and I didn't think anything of it.

People throw the word hipster around the internet a lot as some kind of insult usually. For a long time, I didn't even know what that was until I did a google search on it. I got an idea of what they are now but i'm still not sure I fully get it.

Here's a group of them in the early morning hours. They're likely on their way to a plate of waffles and fried chicken. If so, rest assured, they will tweet about how fantastic they are and much they dig them.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/television/cms/binary/5980381.jpg?size=620x400s

Holy crap- I had chicken and waffles for breakfast one day, about three months ago, at IHoP...does that qualify me? :scared:

No. Eating that isn't enough. You'd have to do more.

No waffle and fried chicken for this clan of hipsters. They look more like the Twinkie and Dorito chomping type of hipster.

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/expressifs/yeux/jumelles.gif

• Like 1

He's a real charmer. Came over Christmas Eve with a plate of cookies and said to me "You look like you need fattening up."

He's a real charmer. Came over Christmas Eve with a plate of cookies and said to me "You look like you need fattening up."

For his pot!

• Like 1

Well... I don't have a beard or an ironic moustache.... or any other kind of moustache...

But I do own sandals....

:unsure:

Special coffee from overpriced coffee shops reeks of hipsterness. I rock the Maxwell house...through a $15 coffee maker...black as my soul. I mock the fools dropping $5 at Starbucks for 20 cents worth of product. Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

you can't be a rush fan and a hipster, but a thread like this over on the sonic youth forum would be interesting

I love Sonic Youth, but wow fans bore me with their "individuality". Put me off them actually!

Glad you mentioned them...

• Like 1

you can't be a rush fan and a hipster, but a thread like this over on the sonic youth forum would be interesting

I love Sonic Youth, but wow fans bore me with their "individuality". Put me off them actually!

I think from 1985-ish to the mid-90s they were great, but yeah, their biggest fans are insufferable.

• Like 3

Bathory, there you are - I was hoping you would drop in.

Weren't you the one who posted the illustrated picture of a hipster once in another thread? I didn't know what a hipster was and asked about it, and I think it was you who posted the picture.

• Like 1

I think from 1985-ish to the mid-90s they were great, but yeah, their biggest fans are insufferable.

We agree as they lose my interest after that period.

Bathory, there you are - I was hoping you would drop in.

Weren't you the one who posted the illustrated picture of a hipster once in another thread? I didn't know what a hipster was and asked about it, and I think it was you who posted the picture.

if I did, I don't remember.

here's a silly article: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/01/how-ts-eliot-invented-the-hipsters/384175/

Hipsters are self-absorbed millenials who think they're individualistic, but in fact just follow their own fashion trend like blind cows. They think they're cool, but have no idea why they're 'cool'. That's the exact opposite of a proper Rush fan.

Even if Geddy is rocking the chuck taylors, he gets a non-hipster free pass.