RIP Thin White Duke

Digital Dad

I guess one memory that always stuck out to me were his early SNL appearances. Many of us can recall just how out there those were. I remember seeing them going, what in the world is this. It truly was something to see.

https://vimeo.com/21478424

SNL...The Man Who Sold the World

• Like 1

Are you sure it was liver cancer? I've read it was lung cancer several places.

In any event, my husband insists on calling him David Buoy. Last night I said to him "It's Bowie, David Bowie."

Five minutes later, he says to me: "Didn't David Buoy do that ground control song?"

:wacko:

For the last two days I've been playing youtube clips of DB songs. I have his Heathen album on cd somewhere. Strangely enough it's the only thing I currently own by him at the moment. He was such a huge talent and a real individualist. I miss him already. RIP David Bowie. Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

Not a fan and although I don't take pleasure in people dying, sort of 'meh' for me. While I admire him for keeping his illness under wraps, I'm cynical that his latest album is released about the same time that he died. Somewhere, somebody had the idea of 'hey this should sell well if...'.

nvm. not looking for an argument but this post strikes me as a bit tasteless

Tasteless how?? Because he's not crying for the loss of this recording artist as though he was a close friend??

Not a fan and although I don't take pleasure in people dying, sort of 'meh' for me. While I admire him for keeping his illness under wraps, I'm cynical that his latest album is released about the same time that he died. Somewhere, somebody had the idea of 'hey this should sell well if...'.

nvm. not looking for an argument but this post strikes me as a bit tasteless

Tasteless how?? Because he's not crying for the loss of this recording artist as though he was a close friend??

No- for insinuating that the album release date was 'coordinated' somehow with Bowie's death, or vice versa.

• Like 2