Trans-gender folks....

OldRUSHfan

OK, here goes a more serious post...

...I'm not a big fan of religion of sorts.

The Bible tells me to "love my neighbour as myself".

Nowhere I have I read, "love my neighbour 'if'..."

I know a couple of transgender people, many gay people, religious, non religious, straight, addicted, democrat, republican, independents, black, white, financially wealthy, not so financially and people of all colours and nationalities.

The one thing they have in common is that I love them simply for being them.

As far as the details of their individual preferences, it is really of no concern to me.

I read a long time ago is that the one thing most people don't know about themselves is that they matter.

My goal in life, when it comes to interacting with others, is to make them feel like they are loved and that they matter.

All of this whether or not I understand what life is like from their perspective.

I'm a fairly devout christian, and that is something that I am bothered by. We are told not to judge, yet so many Christians use the bible as a reason to judge gays. Hypocrites. :facepalm:

Just remember that not all Christians are that way. :)

Not all christians are that way?

No.. NO christians are that way. Period.

A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus. Jesus didn't judge so if you do then you're not a Christian in that respect..

As I see it anyway

Real Christian™

Edited by fraroc

Christians who kill in the name of God are not true christians and shouldn't be called christians.. just murderers.. that's all I meant by knowing the difference.

likewise if a Muslim terrorizes people "in the name of god" they should not be called a Muslim or even Islamic extremists.. just murders and terrorist.

Does the (insert holy book of choice) teach to kill? Then they're not really doing it in the name of god are they??

K I'll shut up.. sorry for the tangent lol

Learn about the Islam religion and about World History before you make statements like that.

Christians who kill in the name of God are not true christians and shouldn't be called christians.. just murderers.. that's all I meant by knowing the difference.

likewise if a Muslim terrorizes people "in the name of god" they should not be called a Muslim or even Islamic extremists.. just murders and terrorist.

Does the (insert holy book of choice) teach to kill? Then they're not really doing it in the name of god are they??

K I'll shut up.. sorry for the tangent lol

Learn about the Islam religion and about World History before you make statements like that.

Dude.. there's no time. Buddy needed an answer! Haha ;)

Oh it was you lol.. shoulda known. Ok but if I want to learn about islam I'll grab the Quran. . And be sure to ignore history because I'm sure history is filled with people who have twisted views of the book. Make sense?

Edited by MMCXII

I know a couple of transgender people, many gay people, religious, non religious, straight, addicted, democrat, republican, independents, black, white, financially wealthy, not so financially and people of all colours and nationalities.

As far as the details of their individual preferences, it is really of no concern to me.

I read a long time ago is that the one thing most people don't know about themselves is that they matter.

My goal in life, when it comes to interacting with others, is to make them feel like they are loved and that they matter.

All of this whether or not I understand what life is like from their perspective.

I'm a fairly devout christian, and that is something that I am bothered by. We are told not to judge, yet so many Christians use the bible as a reason to judge gays. Hypocrites. :facepalm:

A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus. Jesus didn't judge so if you do then you're not a Christian in that respect..

As I see it anyway

many people who loudly call themselves christians are that way.

Many people violently kill others in the name of Islam. . It's always handy to know the difference ;)

Many Christians have killed in the name of God also. Let's not turn this into religion bashing.

I'm not bashing religion I'm actually sticking up for it..

and no offense but you're kinda showing us what's wrong with the world.

:facepalm:

As I see it anyway

many people who loudly call themselves christians are that way.

Many people violently kill others in the name of Islam. . It's always handy to know the difference ;)

People of almost EVERY religion kill others 'in the name of GOD! Because IT IS HIS WILL!' No one who kills another is ever RIGHT. And by the way, A GOD HAS NO GENDER. I would think a GOD wouldn't need a gender...

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

I believe God is everyone's conciousness unified.. (cue the sticks and stones lol)
  • Like 1

I believe God is everyone's conciousness unified.. (cue the sticks and stones lol)

Yeah, but then where do all the ASSWIPES consciences come in? :huh:

Maybe there aren't any. Maybe there are only asswipe actions.

Could you explain this?

Could you explain this?

We never truly know what other people think/feel. We only know what people do.

• Like 1

Yes, but I'M the CURMUDGEON who DEMANDS to know WHY they do these things!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/Movies-%20Gran%20Torino%20Curmudgeonality.jpg

Yes, but I'M the CURMUDGEON who DEMANDS to know WHY they do these things!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/Movies-%20Gran%20Torino%20Curmudgeonality.jpg

Then you're going to be a demanding curmudgeon for a while longer because the answer to that question might never be answered definitively. But you know that already...the "might never be answered" bit not the curmudgeon part. :LOL:

• Like 1

Demanding to know why these men give themselves huge boobs, and make themselves hot to confuse you and make you think about the unspeakable?

Yeah, no thanks.

Could you explain this?

I say all living things are connected conciousness, Even the ASSWIPES! That's why we need to be helping these fools! Lol

• Like 1

Demanding to know why these men give themselves huge boobs, and make themselves hot to confuse you and make you think about the unspeakable?

Yeah, no thanks.

No, Why people chose to change their gender is none of anyone else's business. You should know that 'image of Sheldon Cooper'! :)

Could you explain this?

I say all living things are connected conciousness, Even the ASSWIPES! That's why we need to be helping these fools! Lol

Ok, gotcha! :tempted:

• Like 1

Just a question:

We mock insecure women who get breast implants and who get collagen injections and call them dumb or shallow and worse.

A man wears dresses, changes his entire gender to also fix a wrong and he is expected to be respected and loved.

Ones enhances her natural femininity to improve her self esteem, another cuts away his masculinity.

Not sure how to feel about this. Both need counselling, both insecure.

But in all honesty, what makes one fake and the other real? Are not both enhancing what they saw as flaws?

I am not being nasty I genuinely don't understand this attitude. The harsh comments about Kim but we are supposed to love Caitlyn?

I don't judge. I think they are both idiots, and that is me putting all surgeries to one side.

Edited by Segue Myles

Just a question:

We mock insecure women who get breast implants and who get collagen injections and call them dumb or shallow and worse.

A man wears dresses, changes his entire gender to also fix a wrong and he is expected to be respected and loved.

Ones enhances her natural femininity to improve her self esteem, another cuts away his masculinity.

But in all honesty, what makes one fake and the other real? Are not both enhancing what they saw as flaws?

I am not being nasty I genuinely don't understand this attitude. The harsh comments about Kim but we are supposed to love Caitlyn?

I don't judge. I think they are both idiots, and that is me putting all surgeries to one side.

"We mock insecure women who get breast implants and who get collagen injections and call them dumb or shallow and worse."

I don't do any of that to anyone.

"A man wears dresses, changes his entire gender to also fix a wrong and he is expected to be respected and loved."

How do you expect someone to act that want's to 'right' a percieved 'wrong' to them? And Everyone deserves to do what they want with their lives. Don't you?

"Ones enhances her natural femininity to improve her self esteem, another cuts away his masculinity. Not sure how to feel about this. Both need counselling, both insecure."

Can I see your Psychiatrist's Diploma? What you're saying is complete supposition.

" But in all honesty, what makes one fake and the other real? Are not both enhancing what they saw as flaws?"

Only someone else's perception makes one 'fake' or the other 'real', but that doesn't necessarily mean anything to the person. The 'opinion', or who's expressing it.

"I am not being nasty I genuinely don't understand this attitude. The harsh comments about Kim but we are supposed to love Caitlyn?"

That attitude is not a logical one, and probably why you're getting a 'disconnect' signal. In a perfect situation, everyone would let the person make their own decision, and not try to 'enforce' their opinion on that person

"I don't judge. I think they are both idiots, and that is me putting all surgeries to one side.

'I don't judge', and your very next statement is: 'They're both idiots'... :blink: being your opinion, it is, of course, allowed, but it is, also, a judgement! You know I like you, so nothing 'mean' is meant, I just like to 'illuminate' statements people make so that they may see how others may see what they said!

My intent with this thread was to try to illuminate to folks that their opinions are probably ignored by the people in question, and that we should all support someone's ability to do what they want with their lives(as long as it doesn't physically harm others), and to HELL with what others think!

Peace be with you! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Psychedelic%20stuff/meditation%201.gif

• Like 1

Just a question:

Hmm .. I think the woman who gets her parts improved because she's insecure needs help because she needs to realize that appearances shouldn't matter to the point of surgery.

However the dude who wants a sex change is different.. I think most of these people claim to have been born into the wrong gender and nobody would know that better than them so who am I to argue.. it'd be a weird situation but there's obviously something going on there if someone's willing to go to all the trouble of changing their sex. We all have varying amounts of both male and female energy so I think it's totally possible for someone to be born with the "wrong parts", but should they really be trying to fix it with surgery? I'll lean towards 'yes' on that..

But neither should be criticized and both need counselling I'd say..

• Like 2

......it's totally possible for someone to be born with the "wrong parts", but should they really be trying to fix it with surgery?

People are born with both sets of parts or deformed parts every day. How many of us know or who work with masculine-looking women or effeminate-looking men? A lot of us, I would bet.

Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide if he or she has the "wrong" parts. If we are to live in a truly free society, then no one should be harassing anyone for getting a sex change. Who are we to judge what others should or shouldn't do with their own bodies?

• Like 2