Trans-gender folks....

OldRUSHfan

So many people are just hung up about sex, whether it's changing sex or having it, or even the lack thereof. I blame organized religion.

I blame them for having a hangup.

But that's why. Hard to erase a lifetime of training. People take comfort in ignorance.

I can't entirely blame organized religion. I live in a country where the organized religion isn't a religion at all, Buddhism. The locals don't even think of it as or call it "religion". But still, MILLIONS here have hang ups.

If you are still calling Caitlyn Jenner by her old name, then it proves you really are ignorant.

http://i64.tinypic.com/24l4odf.jpg

Wheaties, you suck!!! You ignorant F#CK of a cereal!

Are you stupid? That's not what I was getting at AT ALL. And besides, what year did that f***ing cereal box come out? Way before she even came out as a trans woman.

Wow. If someone accidentally calls Caitlyn by her old name Bruce yiu say they are ignorant. Someone posts what is clearly a joke and you call them stupid. Get your head on straight quick!

I agree with snowdogged. Wheaties DID suck + it was pretty ignorant. Really, what did that cereal ever know about anything?

• Like 1

So many people are just hung up about sex, whether it's changing sex or having it, or even the lack thereof. I blame organized religion.

But that's why. Hard to erase a lifetime of training. People take comfort in ignorance.

I can't entirely blame organized religion. I live in a country where the organized religion isn't a religion at all, Buddhism. The locals don't even think of it as or call it "religion". But still, MILLIONS here have hang ups.

You've had personal experience with millions of people? Congratulations! :P. Christianity is mainly what I was talking about. It's notorious for causing mental and physical repression.

• Like 1

You've had personal experience with millions of people? Congratulations! :P. Christianity is mainly what I was talking about. It's notorious for causing mental and physical repression.

I totally disagree, many Catholic priests have encouraged young boys to express their sexuality for decades and decades.

I was talking about hangups and where they come from. Isn't that what we were talking about? You said they're because of organized religion. I'm saying hangups come from other sources too...whatever they are.

There are 127 million people in the country I live. So yeah, EASILY more than 2% (millions) have hangups. Shit, of the hundreds I've met here I'd even say at least 75% have them.

I totally disagree, many Catholic priests have encouraged young boys to express their sexuality for decades and decades.

Yeah in secret. I know a couple of people that happened to.

Yeah in secret. I know a couple of people that happened to.

Horrible, just horrible!
  • Like 1

Bruce Jenner is one these days....I know of a few others in the 'Hollywood' world, but why are people so closed minded about this subject? A song, "Andi" by Kansas off of their "Drastic Measures" album is about this, and always puts a catch in my throat when it plays. David Pack, Formerly from Ambrosia, sings back up on this song, one particular section by himself....just posted it in "What Are You Listening Too? [non-RUSH] See if you can catch it....(this is, of course, unless you are too CLOSED-MINDED to be able to attempt it......My question it, why to folks think they get to tell others what is right for them?

You didn't close your parenthetical statement, so I can't form an opinion.

Is "pedantry" an alternative lifestyle?

If you are still calling Caitlyn Jenner by her old name, then it proves you really are ignorant.

Are you stupid? That's not what I was getting at AT ALL. And besides, what year did that f***ing cereal box come out? Way before she even came out as a trans woman.

Wow. If someone accidentally calls Caitlyn by her old name Bruce yiu say they are ignorant. Someone posts what is clearly a joke and you call them stupid. Get your head on straight quick!

I agree with snowdogged. Wheaties DID suck + it was pretty ignorant. Really, what did that cereal ever know about anything?

Nothing. That's why Mikey chose Life.
  • Like 4

Nothing. That's why Mikey chose Life.

Mikey. He'll eat anything.

• Like 3

Isn't it wonderful to so unified in your hatred of Christians?

I have nothing against Christians, just the ones that are total hypocrites and think nothing of hurting other people.

It's as if they are merely humam...

I have nothing against Christians, just the ones that are total hypocrites and think nothing of hurting other people.

It's as if they are merely humam...

If "humams" are suppose to think nothing of hurting other people then I want nothing to do with being "humam".

Let's just disagree with each other constantly in each thread and post. (Hint: if you don't violently argue with my post you're doing it wrong)

F#CK YOU!!! Who the F#CK do you think you are telling me how to reply to your post?!?!
  • Like 1

I'm not expressing any hatred, just making conversation. My comments were in reference to the teachings and effects of sexual repression. It's a fact that the church teaches it. It's in the bible. Though ignorance and stupidity is certainly not limited to just one group,

• Like 1

How about Cotton Candy? Anyone here like that gross stuff?

Only slowly drawn across my bare back...

But that would make for a sticky back.

And catch in all of those long back hairs. :P

There's no appropriate emoticon, so this :ph34r: will have to do.

I've not got any back hair I've not even got any chest hair!

Have you hit puberty yet? :)

• Like 1

Have you hit puberty yet? :)

Next week I hope! :smoke:

• Like 3

Your thoughts on this:

In the past, the use of the masculine pronoun "he" was used universally, to refer to anyone regardless of gender.

Some people then objected to the exclusive use of "he" to refer to both male and female antecedents, and therefore suggested the phrase "he or she," or to alternate using he and she, or to use "they" but only when referring to plural antecedents. English does not have a gender-neutral singular pronoun (with the exception of "one," which only works in some very generic cases).

Now, people object to the phrase "he or she" because it is considered too exclusive--it does not represent those people who are experiencing gender uncertainty or confusion or dysphoria. Now it is suggested that we use the plural pronoun "they" to function as a singular pronoun. Tons of people do this anyway, so what's the harm?

What do you think? Are you traditional and think grammatical rules should stay the same to avoid ambiguity, or are you more ideologically minded, and think that Standard English is a dialect of enslavement and exclusivity, and must adapt to new realities?

Sorry - I hope I didn't harsh anyone's buzz by posting this question.