No Royal albert Hall for Rush

rugen

How come Rush never played in this venue and that our little Canadian metal act Devin Townsend has played there?. The British don't like the boys. I would like the band play there before the end of their career. Would you? Edited by rugen

They have a pretty big fan base in the UK. Honestly, away from the mainstream crowd, the magazines, when they do feature Rush, GUSH about Rush, and sales seem pretty respectable for their albums as well, considering hard rock rarely charts highly.

Sales of Clockwork Angels Classic Rock fan lack were so high, that had the magazine format been eligible for chart status, it would have been number one. Considering it retailed at £14.99 is no small feat!

I guess its just one of those things. Perhaps Rush never really understood the prestigious nature of such a venue and simply never made it a goal to play there?!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Segue Myles, i know that Geddy would love to play there reading this article on Men's Fashion magazine : here's the quote from Geddy :

... I spend more time going to the theatre in London than to concerts. But I love Royal Albert Hall (Kensington Gore, royalalberthall.com),

• Like 2

Segue Myles, i know that Geddy would love to play there reading this article on Men's Fashion magazine : here's the quote from Geddy :

... I spend more time going to the theatre in London than to concerts. But I love Royal Albert Hall (Kensington Gore, royalalberthall.com),

Oh really?

Well if that is the case, then maybe, HOPEFULLY, if they choose to return, we will see them here!

The Albert Hall has terrific acoustics, I saw The Cranberries there and it was a really comfortable, and beautiful, concert experience. But considering the likes of many of the acts who have played there, I hope it is just a clash ofdates or an oversight that led to them not playing there. Because I think they are really well renowned for a classic rock act, especially considering that they aren't one of our great British acts!

I discovered them years ago through lots of articles and friends at school regarding them really highly (but I didn't actually check them out for myself until 2011).

I enjoyed Cranneberies music in the 80's it must have been special. I bought the big Steve Hackett box set of Genesis Revisited in Royal Albert Hall and love to watch all those shows coming from this place (The Who, Opeth etc.) Yes, it must be circumstantial that the band didn't play there in the past. I just hope that the band can make another Europe tour in a few years, if Neil can get out of "retirement".
  • Like 1

I think in the past they jumped from Hammersmith Odeon to Wembley Arena and then to O2 Arena in London.

RAH would now be too small for Rush but it would be absolutely lovely having a Rush show there.

It would be absolutely lovely having a Rush show everywhere on this side of 'The Pond'

It would be absolutely lovely having a Rush show.

• Like 7

Yes! And some more venues like it around Europe too.

You guys must love the band Supertramp.

Love

"Dreamer"

I saw Roger Hodgson at RAH in 2013. I was casually in London those days: Rush played O2 Arena the day before.

I think in the past they jumped from Hammersmith Odeon to Wembley Arena and then to O2 Arena in London.

RAH would now be too small for Rush but it would be absolutely lovely having a Rush show there.

It would be absolutely lovely having a Rush show everywhere on this side of 'The Pond'

It would be absolutely lovely having a Rush show.

I was at Wembley Arena. :D

It's a beautiful and iconic venue but The Royal Albert Hall only has a maximum capacity for an audience of just over 5000, so it's been a bit small for Rush to play since the early 80's.

Pink Floyd managed just fine

David Gilmour has played solo gigs there on numerous occasions including 5 nights during September and October earlier this year. Discounting the charity event that he played with Nick Mason and Richard Wright in 1992, I don't believe that Pink Floyd as a Band have headlined at the venue since 1970.

Royal Albert Hall, the band at their peak, could have made an iconic DVD for the band

It's a beautiful and iconic venue but The Royal Albert Hall only has a maximum capacity for an audience of just over 5000, so it's been a bit small for Rush to play since the early 80's.

They could play a week there. And then I could see every one of those shows to make my trip across the pond worthwhile :D

How come Rush never played in this venue and that our little Canadian metal act Devin Townsend has played there?. The British don't like the boys. I would like the band play there before the end of their career. Would you?

The British don't like the boys? What are you on, son?

When in the UK Rush normally play venues 2 or 3 times the size. I've seen Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson at the venue and there is no way Rush's stage show would fit. I doubt the acoustics of the place would do them any favours either.

• Like 3

How come Rush never played in this venue and that our little Canadian metal act Devin Townsend has played there?. The British don't like the boys. I would like the band play there before the end of their career. Would you?

When in the UK Rush normally play venues 2 or 3 times the size. I've seen Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson at the venue and there is no way Rush's stage show would fit. I doubt the acoustics of the place would do them any favours either.

I forgot to put a exclamation point at the end : "The British don't like the Boys"!!!. Thank you for reading correctly my post, I know they like the boys, but they have to show it more by bring them to this venue.... The small venue could be a major factor to explain why Rush didn't go there. You really think that the acoustics would be a issue here?

Edited by rugen

Devin Townsend is a Hack.

Pete Townshend is the REAL DEAL! I mean the REAL ME!

Who gives a shit if RUSH never played there.

RUSH FUKKING RULES!

I am blessed.

Get over it.

Move the fuckkk on.

Rush is done.

I have no regrets.

60 "MAKING MEMORIES" in my brain.

Life is short.

Get over Rush retiring and find another band to jack off too.

There aren't many but they are out there.

Good luck young padawans,

Signed,

May Frankie Goes To Hollywood Be With You!

You British are so odd.

Rush will never tour there again.

Let's meet in Toronto for a show in 2020.

ORBIT ROON BITCHES!

Been there done that for R30.

My wife was with me.

Yep I admit it on a public forum. I'm going to be fukked without her now but I will live.

So fukk you Tony R.

It's better to have loved than never to have loved at all.

What a cliche.

I will be like Hemingway.

I will write and wither away alone until I die.

No hope Obi Wan.

Wait what thread is this?

Late night.

Don't care.

Later.

"Love Is For Suckers."

Signed,

TWISTED POSER SISTER

THAT'S FOR YOU TONY R!!!!!

Do you even get it?

I will never forget.

Just like 9/11 MOTHER FUKKER!

I forgot to put a exclamation point at the end : "The British don't like the Boys"!!!. Thank you for reading correctly my post, I know they like the boys, but they have to show it more by bring them to this venue.... The small venue could be a major factor to explain why Rush didn't go there. You really think that the acoustics would be a issue here?

Not so much a question of the British not wanting Rush to play The Royal Albert Hall enough, but more to do with the "laws of supply and demand" as Neil explains, about a minute or so into the Permanent Waves interview in the link below...

http://www.inthestud...son-neil-peart/

That aside, for me, in London both Hammersmith Odeon and Brixton Academy are much better middle sized venues for rock acts.

Edited by Enemy Within

Devin Townsend is a Hack.

Pete Townshend is the REAL DEAL! I mean the REAL ME!

Who gives a shit if RUSH never played there.

RUSH FUKKING RULES!

I am blessed.

Get over it.

Move the fuckkk on.

Rush is done.

I have no regrets.

60 "MAKING MEMORIES" in my brain.

Life is short.

Get over Rush retiring and find another band to jack off too.

There aren't many but they are out there.

Good luck young padawans,

Signed,

May Frankie Goes To Hollywood Be With You!

You British are so odd.

Rush will never tour there again.

Let's meet in Toronto for a show in 2020.

ORBIT ROON BITCHES!

Been there done that for R30.

My wife was with me.

Yep I admit it on a public forum. I'm going to be fukked without her now but I will live.

So fukk you Tony R.

It's better to have loved than never to have loved at all.

What a cliche.

I will be like Hemingway.

I will write and wither away alone until I die.

No hope Obi Wan.

Wait what thread is this?

Late night.

Don't care.

Later.

"Love Is For Suckers."

Signed,

TWISTED POSER SISTER

THAT'S FOR YOU TONY R!!!!!

Do you even get it?

I will never forget.

Just like 9/11 MOTHER FUKKER!

Nice boy aren't you?

As for the "wife" reference I was rather unsporting with that but was merely suggesting that once that issue came to its conclusion you might just remove the acid from your posts. For the obvious offence that caused I apologise.

You aren't on my radar but I'm not in the least concerned about being on yours. You are the Lance Armstrong of TRF, hero to zero...

That aside, for me, in London both Hammersmith Odeon and Brixton Academy are much better middle sized venues for rock acts.

Venue size not withstanding, Dave Gilmour manages quite well at the Albert Hall!

Edited by ChrisUK