The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

This new guitarist is a beast

New album please. Haha

GHOST IN THE MIST YAAAASSSS
  • Like 1

Andi is insane tonight.

Love him.

Cri is really emotional on this...I am getting old school LC vibes from this.

This song suddenly became my new obsession

So jealous I want to be there so bad

I have forever worshipped this song

I need to play DA tomorrow.

LOUDLY

• Like 1

"In the world that I created

I'm intoxicated"

LOOOOOVE

I'M GETTING SO SWEATY HEADBANGING

THIS IS AMAZING

LC playing live in my bedroom...YAAAAASSSS

CYBERSLEEP AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS IS INSANELY GOOD

Shallow life is great. it's more light pop/rock but so what. I love it.

Mick

My gripes are that I still feel the producer was the wrong choice. I disliked the American rock radio sound and Cri had a lot of autotune. Plus, never been a big fan of Underdog or The Maze, and I miss a lot of the textures of previous albums. I like what they were trying to do and I still love most of the songs. Especially the bonus tracks. But I do love the album. To me, at this point in time, a weaker LC album is high on my list of all time favourites. Not sure if they will always impress but some bands never fail me.

By the time of DA, LC were mostly in control and they have said Don Gilmore, the producer of Shallow Life, took a back seat during production. It shows and I am grateful to that.

I also think LC had better melodies on older albums and since SL. SL to me felt very bland, and the vocal chemistry between Cri and Andi is the worst it has ever been. I just don't think Don Gilmore, who produced Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Avril Lavigne records, quite understood what made LC an underground sensation, what made them tick as a band. Had DA followed Karmacode, I reckon things would have been a lot different, bit SL felt unnatural, but otherwise musically and lyrically it was a jarring transformation, bit it did help the band develop inot the band that ultimately naI led that bombastic gothic flavoured pop metal that I have since loved as much as the earlier sound.

I have to agree on the producer statement.

:yes: The bonus tracks are so great that must be official albums tracks. Take away "The Maze" and two others and put Oblivion, The Last Goodbye and Leaving Alone instead. This would be awesome.

All these three bonus tracks remind me about Comalies. The Last Goodbye is very oldschool it could be related with Unleashed Memories too.

• Like 1

There are nine LC classics for me on Delirium. It's one of them!

I think it's haunting but heavy.

Cybersleep...oh my it hits me in the feels...

• Like 1

Mick

My gripes are that I still feel the producer was the wrong choice. I disliked the American rock radio sound and Cri had a lot of autotune. Plus, never been a big fan of Underdog or The Maze, and I miss a lot of the textures of previous albums. I like what they were trying to do and I still love most of the songs. Especially the bonus tracks. But I do love the album. To me, at this point in time, a weaker LC album is high on my list of all time favourites. Not sure if they will always impress but some bands never fail me.

By the time of DA, LC were mostly in control and they have said Don Gilmore, the producer of Shallow Life, took a back seat during production. It shows and I am grateful to that.

I also think LC had better melodies on older albums and since SL. SL to me felt very bland, and the vocal chemistry between Cri and Andi is the worst it has ever been. I just don't think Don Gilmore, who produced Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Avril Lavigne records, quite understood what made LC an underground sensation, what made them tick as a band. Had DA followed Karmacode, I reckon things would have been a lot different, bit SL felt unnatural, but otherwise musically and lyrically it was a jarring transformation, bit it did help the band develop inot the band that ultimately naI led that bombastic gothic flavoured pop metal that I have since loved as much as the earlier sound.

:yes: The bonus tracks are so great that must be official albums tracks. Take away "The Maze" and two others and put Oblivion, The Last Goodbye and Leaving Alone instead. This would be awesome.

All these three bonus tracks remind me about Comalies. The Last Goodbye is very oldschool it could be related with Unleashed Memories too.

For me, The Maze, Underdog and The Pain should have been swapped for the three killer bonus tracks.

• Like 1

Oh boy! Must be getting too hot for Cristina. She stripping down now.

I hope she gets hotter haha

• Like 1

Delirium is one of my fave songs now.

Mick

For me, The Maze, Underdog and The Pain should have been swapped for the three killer bonus tracks.

Yeah, you nailed it! Agreed!

• Like 1

The title track really hits home for me...

Mick

Yeah, you nailed it! Agreed!

I really like The Pain but if I have to swap three songs that one has to go.

The Maze, Underdog and The Maze are bottom five songs for me.

Oh boy! Must be getting too hot for Cristina. She stripping down now.

I hope she gets hotter haha

I can't focus on anything but her chest right now. Lol.

Hahahahaha same