The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

Is it possible to download this concert?

Wouldn't be surprised if someone threw it up on youtube. I wonder if Yahoo allows you to watch a show after they stream it live? Seems possible.

I'm watching it again so yeah! They do!

Cool.

Will give it another watch soon. They're not playing here so far on this tour. Hopefully, there will be a second US leg and they'll come by again. I don't have my hopes up though since when they came here on the last tour, the turnout wasn't too great. Of course the show being added on just three weeks before probably didn't help. I'm sure with more notice there would be more people next time.

Amazes me LC are not on the same level as Within Temptation or Nightwish. Seriously...

But the fanbase, however small, is absolutely devoted to them. Through thick and thin.

Andi turns a lot of people away.

Also, musically they've really gone through some major changes and that causes fans to lose interest. As a fan who loved the early stuff then lost interest during the Karmacode/Shallow Life/Dark Adrenaline run, but was won back with BCH, I completely understand why a lot of fans have abandoned them and haven't come back and given them another chance.

Ever since Karmacode, I think the band has struggled to figure out who they are and what their identity is. That can also confuse and turn fans away when every album is something different. With Nightwish and Within Temptation there has never been that doubt. People know exactly what they are and exactly what to expect from them and that's why more fans gravitate towards them.

I only hear that with Shallow Life.

Karmacode sounds perfect to me (yawn...I know...but yeah, they sound confident on that record, it just came without warning for many).

The concert is on YouTube now. I ripped it immediately!

After spending the last week going through Rush's studio albums, I need to get back to Delirium again.

Quitting LC for Rush is perfectly acceptable in my book!

I am still loving Delirium but I have to say the recent Livenation concert only went and made me an even big fan of Broken Crown Halo than I was before!

Seriously, BCH has grown from an initial 7/10 to a full blown 10/10! It is just a real pleasure to me and honestly, Victims, Cybersleep and One Cold Day could even be my top three LC songs.

And I have now watched that concert four times haha!

Broken Crown Halo could easily surpass Karmacode and Unleashed Memories for me. It truly is close to becoming my all time favourite album, which amazes me as I was genuinely lukewarm to it initially and now it's grown into a major obsession!

OK it may never surpass Karmacode for me but it is seriously hitting all the right notes.

Delirium is honestly great, but oddly enough since its release all it has done is remind me what a masterpiece BCH is.

Also, Dark Adrenaline is steadily improving as well. That was a 9/10 but oh my word...I am growing to love EVERY song to an obsessive degree (I used to be cold towards Fire).

I am just going through a phase where I am fully reminded just why LC have been for eleven years my everything musically. One of the few bands whose arrival of a new album becomes a major event for that year (the only other ones are Nightwish and Alter Bridge, and the last Nightwish release may be the hardest I have ever fallen for a new release ever, as normally it takes a while for a record to grow on me to that degree).

Oh my word now I want to play Endless Forms Most Beautiful again...

And I am getting excited once more just reminding myself that this year sees a new Alter Bridge album, a possible release of Myles Kennedy's solo album, a live Nightwish album and already new a release from Thrice (not heard it yet) and also a new Brand New.

Amazing...my favourite bands of a decade ago are still thrilling me so much with new music a decade on!

J2112YYZ I THINK I NEED TO LIE DOWN I AM EXHAUSTING MYSELF WITH ALL THIS FANBOYING!!

• Like 1

This album is rising on my list.

It's higher than In A Reverie and Shallow Life.

Bleed The Pain might be my second...

Top three at the moment is Ultima Ratio, Bleed The Pain and Live To Tell.

I think I am going to start a little project as I am currently on an obsessive marathon of Lacuna Coil albums:

I might just go and do a countdown of every single Lacuna Coil song, from least to best.

Tough, but fun! Will sort out the details over a long while.

• Like 1

Interesting idea. I couldn't do that with most of the bands I listen to unless they only have a few albums.

Its gonna be fun.

And it gives me another chance to revisit everything.

Although to be fair it doesn't take much to get me started on LC...

I think she sounds great on downfall, not sure what others think of that track?

Its so odd but I have little love for that song. I genuinely think it's very nice but it doesn't blow me away. I really do think Live To Tell is better.

Its so odd but I have little love for that song. I genuinely think it's very nice but it doesn't blow me away. I really do think Live To Tell is better.

Live To Tell is a cover of a very well known song. So I don't put it into the discussion when it comes to talking about the best songs on the album. I stick with talking about the originals in that conversation.

Downfall is great and one of the highlights of the album. I actually find it odd that you're not fanboying all over it.

Live To Tell is a cover of a very well known song. So I don't put it into the discussion when it comes to talking about the best songs on the album. I stick with talking about the originals in that conversation.

Downfall is great and one of the highlights of the album. I actually find it odd that you're not fanboying all over it.

Lacuna Coil are the only band whose covers interest me. To my ears, Live To Tell is the only song on the album that recalls to mind the melancholic beauty of early Lacuna Coil. It's also my favourite song of the entire new era.

Downfall is great but it's not a patch on Hostage To The Light, Cybersleep or One Cold Day. It's ok but I am cold to it and unsure why amongst so many really OTT tracks the one song that sounds like a retread is the most fawned over.

LC always appeal to me when it comes to ballads and ballad like material but Down is just very good, but not classic LC material.

In many ways it is one of the finest songs on the album, but at the same time for what it is, I feel they have done far better. It doesn't move me, although I do think it's an excellent example of their talent and ability to craft beautiful songs. But yeah, emotionally it's not one of those moving moments, which is sad as after Broken Crown Halo and early reviews I thought a song like Downfall would slay me. It isn't as bland and boring as Wide Awake though. I would place Downfall on the same list as songs I greatly enjoy like End Of Time or Stately Lover. But not right at the top end...and I think Cri sounds better on House Of Shame and Ultima Ratio. She really pushes herself on those, and Live To Tell (which honestly I forget is that Madonna song) really moves me.

Edited by Segue Myles

Listened to their previous albums last few weeks. All good stuff but pretty tame. New album has a Great Wall of sound. Heaviest album I think.

They are tame! Which to me is fine. They were a gateway band of sorts for me into much heavier music, and they are always very vocal lead which, again, is something I am drawn too!

Glad you tried more from them! They aren't everyone's cup of tea but they just happen to be mine in an extraordinarily large way.

This album still growing on me.

Seque, i cant believe you arent totally loving downfall, lol

I need to update the universe:

Its lovely. It's LOVELY.

But I am not a fan of Andi in the background and the chorus is not one of their best ballad choruses...

But hey ho...

• Like 1

Its lovely. It's LOVELY.

But I am not a fan of Andi in the background and the chorus is not one of their best ballad choruses...

But hey ho...

This album more of a slow burn for me than previous releases. Which is wierd to me

Its lovely. It's LOVELY.

But hey ho...

This album more of a slow burn for me than previous releases. Which is wierd to me

You know, I can safely say I feel the same way. I feel that this album is fun, but for all the hype about the concept it comes across very much a surface value album. I enjoy the noise but I cannot find a heart.

It's my least favourite LC album. It's been three weeks now and I can honestly say I enjoy everything else more.

So it's a nice 7/8 out of 10. For the most part I really enjoy it but I strongly believe Broken Crown Halo would be near impossible for them to beat at this stage in the game, and unfortunately this release didn't come close.

I'm not even kidding, The House Of Shame is one of my new favorite songs PERIOD. It's brutal, it's violent, but it's also emotional and almost heartbreaking at times. Edited by fraroc

I'm not even kidding, The House Of Shame is one of my new favorite songs PERIOD. It's brutal, it's violent, but it's also emotional and almost heartbreaking at times.

It's one of the greatest songs they have ever released.

For all my issues with Delirium (which I guess aren't many really), HoS is definitely exempt from criticism.

It's very special to me atm

the thing about Delirium iit gives me ear Fatigue......i know what they were going for before you come at me with that, lol. and i appreciate that end. but the album's a sonic dense mess.

It's not fun to listen to, IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

the thing about Delirium iit gives me ear Fatigue......i know what they were going for before you come at me with that, lol. and i appreciate that end. but the album's a sonic dense mess.

It's not fun to listen to, IMO.

Mick

I can agree with this.

But several songs I now love dearly.

The sharpness suits House Of Shame though.

Fraroc, it's not as intense but Bleed The Pain is a great new song as well. The lyrics really help me.

• Like 1

I'm not even kidding, The House Of Shame is one of my new favorite songs PERIOD. It's brutal, it's violent, but it's also emotional and almost heartbreaking at times.

Brutal and violent? Not sure that's how I would describe it. Heavy and aggressive is more like it. Great tune no matter how you hear it.

Downfall is fabulous. Hopefully that one has grown on Segue.