The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

I'm not even kidding, The House Of Shame is one of my new favorite songs PERIOD. It's brutal, it's violent, but it's also emotional and almost heartbreaking at times.

Brutal and violent? Not sure that's how I would describe it. Heavy and aggressive is more like it. Great tune no matter how you hear it.

Downfall is fabulous. Hopefully that one has grown on Segue.

As i've said Downfall is my fav track on the Album.

and one of my fav ballads by them period.

that solo though.

Mick

I'm not even kidding, The House Of Shame is one of my new favorite songs PERIOD. It's brutal, it's violent, but it's also emotional and almost heartbreaking at times.

Brutal and violent? Not sure that's how I would describe it. Heavy and aggressive is more like it. Great tune no matter how you hear it.

Downfall is fabulous. Hopefully that one has grown on Segue.

It's getting there. But I still think they could have done better.

I'm going to be very blunt.

House Of Shame speaks on a very deep level to me. I was abused for two years sexually and something struck a deep chord with me regarding this song.

It is in all honesty a miracle of a song for me.

But never mind. Let's not get to deep.

• Like 1

Here is how I now rank the Lacuna Coil albums:

1. Karmacode (10/10)

2. Unleashed Memories (10/10)

3. Broken Crown Halo (10/10)

4. Comalies (10/10)

5. Dark Adrenaline (9/10)

6. Delirium (8/10)

7. In A Reverie (8/10)

8. Shallow Life (8/10)

Easy. Delirium is definitely settling higher than it did before.

My order

1. Karmacode- 10/10

2. Comalies 10/10

3. Broken Crown Halo-9/10

4. Dark Adrenaline 9/10

5. Shallow Life 8/10

Then i have to go to a second lower tier here.

6. In a Reverie-5/10

7. Delirium-3/10

8. Unleashed Memories-2/10- Sorry Segue.......this does hardly a thing for me, lol

Mick

My order

1. Karmacode- 10/10

2. Comalies 10/10

3. Broken Crown Halo-9/10

4. Dark Adrenaline 9/10

5. Shallow Life 8/10

Then i have to go to a second lower tier here.

6. In a Reverie-5/10

7. Delirium-3/10

8. Unleashed Memories-2/10- Sorry Segue.......this does hardly a thing for me, lol

Mick

I do love your top five.

Literally alternates my list...I'm not a biased fan. I genuinely love everything!

• Like 1

I'm going to be very blunt.

House Of Shame speaks on a very deep level to me. I was abused for two years sexually and something struck a deep chord with me regarding this song.

It is in all honesty a miracle of a song for me.

But never mind. Let's not get to deep.

The House Of Shame is an anthem for those who have been beat down, bullied and abused in any way shape or form.

"If I don't hide inside the darkness, you'll be compromised...

but

SOMETIMES you will fly with me again.....

without falling

without falling......"

• Like 1

After doing some more listening, I must say...I definitely enjoy Delirium and Karmacode the most. Shallow Life, Dark Adrenaline and Broken Crown have a lot of great songs but in terms of the whole album, those two are the best and I hope LC continues down the path of Delirium.

After doing some more listening, I must say...I definitely enjoy Delirium and Karmacode the most. Shallow Life, Dark Adrenaline and Broken Crown have a lot of great songs but in terms of the whole album, those two are the best and I hope LC continues down the path of Delirium.

I'm so glad!

Karmacode is my all time favourite album. I actually think Broken Crown Halo and Unleashed Memories are equal second.

I actually think Delirium is there worst album.

I really like it a lot though!

• Like 1

It's awesome that Fraroc turned on to LC. though more Music like Delirium is the absolute last thing i want from them........i love how deep it touched you.

music is awesome like that.

Mick

Delirium is a fantastic album. In fact I am so glad that we got to see another side to them, as much as I adore BCH I wanted the next album to be a left field turn.

And in all honesty Delirium sounds and feels like nothing else they have done, even though it still sounds like Lacuna Coil.

I give it an 8/10. Verging on 9. But in all honesty I just love the feel of everything else a lot more. On its own it's great but like Shallow Life it doesn't quite sit as high as I think it would in most other bands discographies.

• Like 1

It's awesome that Fraroc turned on to LC. though more Music like Delirium is the absolute last thing i want from them........i love how deep it touched you.

Mick

Delirium is a fantastic album. In fact I am so glad that we got to see another side to them, as much as I adore BCH I wanted the next album to be a left field turn.

And in all honesty Delirium sounds and feels like nothing else they have done, even though it still sounds like Lacuna Coil.

I give it an 8/10. Verging on 9. But in all honesty I just love the feel of everything else a lot more. On its own it's great but like Shallow Life it doesn't quite sit as high as I think it would in most other bands discographies.

i can't be that kind....but then again you're far more attached to them then i'll ever be......and that's not a shot.

just not what i needed to hear from them. but i respect the total direction change. Certainly not a boring band, lol

Mick

Mick

i can't be that kind....but then again you're far more attached to them then i'll ever be......and that's not a shot.

just not what i needed to hear from them. but i respect the total direction change. Certainly not a boring band, lol

Mick

It's like a new start. As long as they stay fresh...I honestly expected them to be running through the motions but nope...they keep pushing themselves.

They have diverse tastes. I'm glad their discography reflects that!

• Like 1

I'd even go as far as to say that The House of Shame should be LC's "Bring Me To Life" or "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" so to speak. A song that is known by everyone, not even committed fans of the band.

I'd even go as far as to say that The House of Shame should be LC's "Bring Me To Life" or "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" so to speak. A song that is known by everyone, not even committed fans of the band.

The problem there is that House Of Shame has none of the commercial appeal those two songs have. There is literally nothing about that song that screams big hit.

LC has written a number of songs that could have been big but it just never happened for them. And they're more than likely past the point of ever getting a big radio hit.

• Like 1

The problem there is that House Of Shame has none of the commercial appeal those two songs have. There is literally nothing about that song that screams big hit.

LC has written a number of songs that could have been big but it just never happened for them. And they're more than likely past the point of ever getting a big radio hit.

i Agree. There is no commercial appeal in House of shame. nor this band in a US market. Bring me to Life was tailor made for Radio.......and it was EVERYWHERE to the point of annoyance, lol'

Mickk

• Like 1

i Agree. There is no commercial appeal in House of shame. nor this band in a US market. Bring me to Life was tailor made for Radio.......and it was EVERYWHERE to the point of annoyance, lol'

Mickk

True, but in the same vein I wouldn't call Bodies by Drowning Pool radio friendly either, yet you hear that goddamn song at literally every sporting event ever lol

I'm sorry I can't even begin to take a conversation where Lacuna Coil are being spoken of in the same vein as Drowning Pool seriously.

They are there own entity. As unique and special as Type O Negative or Paradise Lost. They belong to a whole different field of music to Evanescence or Drowning Pool. They may have taken on a melodic sound but there core is definitely deeper than any mainstream band.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I can't even begin to take a conversation where Lacuna Coil are being spoken of in the same vein as Drowning Pool seriously.

They are there own entity. As unique and special as Type O Negative or Paradise Lost. They belong to a whole different field of music to Evanescence or Drowning Pool. They may have taken on a melodic sound but there core is definitely deeper than any mainstream band.

While I do love Evanescence, I really don't like Drowning Pool that much lol, I was just saying that I personally believe that THOS should be held at the same level of praise as Bodies and Bring Me To Life for how damn good that song is.

While I do love Evanescence, I really don't like Drowning Pool that much lol, I was just saying that I personally believe that THOS should be held at the same level of praise as Bodies and Bring Me To Life for how damn good that song is.

Err...I love how you love them but it is a great song that doesn't need to be a hit.

I hope you see them live. They are terrific!

I just think it's sad we are discussing themy in this context...they are from a different musical climate altogether
  • Like 1