The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

Yeah I am Laputa on that forum haha!

It's been dead since about a month after Shallow Life.

Head to Facebook for fan interaction!

Yeah, I figured out who you were on that board :LOL:

Shallow Life killed the board off huh? That makes perfect sense actually.

Yeah! I was one of many gobsmacked by that record, but I love it.

DA brought back some interest, but I think by then most fans went to Facebook. I don't think it's the easiest forum to use, it's a bit old school!

It's funny but as much as I like Delirium, it is the most lukewarm I have ever felt towards an LC album! I really like it but I have NO obsession!

Still, I really love it for the most part.

I would love them to actually do Live To Tell in place of Enjoy The Silence.

I am curious about Take Me Home or Ultima Ratio. I love those songs but I imagine they could sound messy onstage!

Like those two a lot as well but you're right they could be messy live. Not sure how well Cristina could pull off the chorus to Take Me Home live. It's not a knock on her ability at all, the chorus is just sung in a way that could be very tricky to do live.

Yeah that chorus could destroy her live! Amazed by it. It's like someone took a beyonce chorus from 2003 and added it to metal!

It curiously works! But yeah, you need to be on top form for that melody. It would be best as an opener I think, as she is so energetic she tends to tire out by the last song haha!

I am curious about Take Me Home or Ultima Ratio. I love those songs but I imagine they could sound messy onstage!

Like those two a lot as well but you're right they could be messy live. Not sure how well Cristina could pull off the chorus to Take Me Home live. It's not a knock on her ability at all, the chorus is just sung in a way that could be very tricky to do live.

Yeah that chorus could destroy her live! Amazed by it. It's like someone took a beyonce chorus from 2003 and added it to metal!

It curiously works! But yeah, you need to be on top form for that melody. It would be best as an opener I think, as she is so energetic she tends to tire out by the last song haha!

Cristina is lucky she's got Andi to shelter half the vocal load live. Not sure if she could make it more than an hour on her own live. I'm not sure how to describe it but live she's in this very focused/possessed state and sings with such passion that it really does drain her by the end of the show. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

Cristina is lucky she's got Andi to shelter half the vocal load live. Not sure if she could make it more than an hour on her own live. I'm not sure how to describe it but live she's in this very focused/possessed state and sings with such passion that it really does drain her by the end of the show. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

I find it so endearing. She has said many times that she is so into the performance she doesn't care if she isn't perfect as long as her passion is on display.

It's also a reminder that she is self taught. She has a lot of bad habits BUT she is never boring!

Sharon den Adel is my favourite live singer atm.

• Like 1

I find it so endearing. She has said many times that she is so into the performance she doesn't care if she isn't perfect as long as her passion is on display.

It's also a reminder that she is self taught. She has a lot of bad habits BUT she is never boring!

Her passion being on display is something she never has to worry about. Very few have it or at least show it at the level she does when performing.

Sharon is a great live singer. When I saw Within Temptation two years ago, all my friend and I could talk about after the show was how perfect her voice was.

Her passion being on display is something she never has to worry about. Very few have it or at least show it at the level she does when performing.

Sharon is a great live singer. When I saw Within Temptation two years ago, all my friend and I could talk about after the show was how perfect her voice was.

The Black Symphony dvd was recorded when she had a cold.

I am awestruck!

AND I AM JEALOUS YOU SAW THEM!

I have two bands in my bucket list:

Within Temptation

Alter Bridge

And another actually:

Paradise Lost

The Black Symphony dvd was recorded when she had a cold.

I am awestruck!

AND I AM JEALOUS YOU SAW THEM!

I have two bands in my bucket list:

Within Temptation

Alter Bridge

And another actually:

Paradise Lost

Seen all three of them :D

WT on the Hydra tour. They had been on my bucket list for over ten years before that.

Alter Bridge when they toured for AB III.

I saw Paradise Lost it was when they opened for Nightwish on the DPP tour and I wasn't a fan of theirs at the time. They were good though.

I am absolutely in love with Delirium.

It took a while, but I am really connecting with the songs, and they are hitting me hard!

At its core, this is the old Lacuna Coil I love so much!

• Like 1

It took a while, but I am really connecting with the songs, and they are hitting me hard!

Took ya long enough ;)

It's between Downfall and Ghost In The Mist for my favorite song on it.

Took ya long enough ;)

It's between Downfall and Ghost In The Mist for my favorite song on it.

For me it's House Of Shame, Live To Tell, Bleed The Pain and Take Me Home.

But today I finally connected with Broken Things and Downfall.

So Delirium have softened to my ears.

but the problem with it is........i can't pick out standouts. because of the sounds they went for it all blends together to me.

the only highlight i can pick out is Downfall......that's great.

this get's a 4/10.

i'm giving it that high because what they aimed for they did well.

it's their TA..........In that i'm glad they went different......but a bit of a failed experiment. with better lyrics, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

but the problem with it is........i can't pick out standouts. because of the sounds they went for it all blends together to me.

this get's a 4/10.

it's their TA..........In that i'm glad they went different......but a bit of a failed experiment. with better lyrics, lol

Mick

Have you heard their cover of Live To Tell yet?

Somehow they made a Madonna song sound like one of their own haunting ballads...

I give this album an 8/10, a 9 with bonus tracks.

• Like 1

this get's a 4/10.

Mick

Somehow they made a Madonna song sound like one of their own haunting ballads...

no i haven't i'll look it up.

Mick

this get's a 4/10.

Mick

Mick

Their cover is the most traditional sounding LC song this whole era...!

But yeah, I am really happy with this album. It isn't perfect but I rate nearly every song pretty high!

this get's a 4/10.

Mick

Mick

But yeah, I am really happy with this album. It isn't perfect but I rate nearly every song pretty high!

you know i'm thinking about this.

Radiohead is sorta my LC. in the respect since 2000 i can't say they've steered me wrong.

so i understand, lol

Mick

this get's a 4/10.

Mick

Mick

you know i'm thinking about this.

Radiohead is sorta my LC. in the respect since 2000 i can't say they've steered me wrong.

so i understand, lol

Mick

Ooh that's interesting!

We should move this to our thread...

...coz I am quite fond of the new Radiohead album...

They've announced tour dates for Europe later this year. You gonna be able to make it to any of the UK shows Segue?

Not sure...they aren't playing near me this time...

They've announced tour dates for Europe later this year. You gonna be able to make it to any of the UK shows Segue?

What's the closest major city to you over there?

What's the closest major city to you over there?

Probably London. Unlike the others, I have a lot of friends there but...the expense!

Their show on thursday in New York will be streamed live.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/livenation/event/lacuna-coil

This is awesome!

I wonder if they'll play any other songs off Delirium for that show besides the three they're currently doing? Would be cool to see a live debut or two. They're playing four songs off Dark Adrenaline still and five off BCH. Sorry but they're not touring for those albums anymore, time to toss some of those tunes and get some new ones in.

Also, the outfits they're wearing don't make any sense if the set isn't heavy on the new stuff :LOL:

I guess I believe in the Rush/Iron Maiden kind of setlist where if the band has got good new material they should be playing it.

I wonder if they'll play any other songs off Delirium for that show besides the three they're currently doing? Would be cool to see a live debut or two. They're playing four songs off Dark Adrenaline still and five off BCH. Sorry but they're not touring for those albums anymore, time to toss some of those tunes and get some new ones in.

Also, the outfits they're wearing don't make any sense if the set isn't heavy on the new stuff :LOL:

I guess I believe in the Rush/Iron Maiden kind of setlist where if the band has got good new material they should be playing it.

Maybe they are still rehearsing the new songs. Some of the new songs I reckon need a bit of work live because they could be a mess and something like this isn't the best to really risk getting it wrong.

I adore Blood, Sweat and Tears but I am not thinking that chorus is going to be easy, or all of those layers of synths and guitars.

But who knows?! Whatever they decide to do, I hope it works!

But I do agree. But I remember a few years ago fans were crying out for old songs to be performed so I am finding this ironic but I 100% agree the focus here should be on the strength of Delirium (which I now LOVE).

Maybe they'll slowly add in new songs as the tour goes on like Megadeth did for their most recent tour. Started out only doing one new tune and by the time I saw them a month later, they had five new songs in the set.