Scott Weiland Has Passed Away :(

The Cat 3

I always loved the STP song Creep, but I thought it was Nirvana when I first heard it. Interstate Love Song was a great track too. RIP Scott. :rose:
  • Like 2

One of the best bands from the 90's era. They were more than 2 albums like many think.

Tiny Music and Shangri- La Dee Da were also outstanding records. Contra Band with Velvet Revolver was an incredible rock album filled with urgency and at the time I thought it might be a savior for true guitar driven rock music. But Scott just could no overcome his drug addiction.

They (STP) were not grunge. They were in your face rock and also had another unique mellow side to them. Great arrangements, riffs, guitar solos.

They were the anti grunge IMO. Very Zeppelin influenced. Scott was a true rock star front man with a great persona on stage.

The man battled drug addiction for so long. Drugs won.

RIP to a guy that was one of my peers. A Gen X rock star has burned out. 48 years old. He will be missed.

For my money, he fronted the most versatile band of the big 5 that ruled at that time. I have listened to "And So I Know" more than once upon hearing this news. I can't see any of the others doing this song and nailing that style.

• Like 3

Check out the man...looking healthy and showing everyone what he was capable of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iwt9Ha2I4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSX-U821I4

Too bad he went the way of his hero, Jim. If only he followed his other hero, Bowie, and kicked the habit like he did when he recorded Low and Heroes in Berlin with Iggy Pop.

• Like 1

One of the best bands from the 90's era. They were more than 2 albums like many think.

Tiny Music and Shangri- La Dee Da were also outstanding records. Contra Band with Velvet Revolver was an incredible rock album filled with urgency and at the time I thought it might be a savior for true guitar driven rock music. But Scott just could no overcome his drug addiction.

They (STP) were not grunge. They were in your face rock and also had another unique mellow side to them. Great arrangements, riffs, guitar solos.

They were the anti grunge IMO. Very Zeppelin influenced. Scott was a true rock star front man with a great persona on stage.

The man battled drug addiction for so long. Drugs won.

RIP to a guy that was one of my peers. A Gen X rock star has burned out. 48 years old. He will be missed.

For my money, he fronted the most versatile band of the big 5 that ruled at that time. I have listened to "And So I Know" more than once upon hearing this news. I can't see any of the others doing this song and nailing that style.

I actually call it 6 by adding Smashing Pumpkins and they were quite eclectic. Mellon Collie is the white album of the 90s with acoustic and metal coexisting.

• Like 1

The benefits of working in NYC. Hey, let's go see STP tonight and they're only a few blocks away. STP in KISS makeup ? Roseland is no longer there.

One of many Roseland shows I've attended.

http://youtu.be/8hPJhkUHtRo

Edited by custom55

Wish i found this when it happened (knew he died, didn't see the thread)! One of my favorite alternative bands! Scott had one hell of a voice! R.I.P.
  • Like 1