I Am Only Two Songs In On The R40 Blu-Ray And I Have "Tears" In My Eyes! I Am Very Concerned About Neil's Heath!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm in my office right now staring up at my PARAGON SABIAN vinyl tapestry of Neil. The guy looks great back then. I've never seen someone go downhill so fast!!! He obviously has a bad diet, mixed in with black lungs and a puff the dragon face. Poor Neil. He is beyond intellectual so this puzzles me to why his health is going down the poop shoot so fast. He should get his "shit" together for his kid and wife. Then again you have to do It for yourself first. Hey Chica! At least I am putting my English degree to use on the Rush Forum! LOL! Creative Writing 666!
  • Like 1

Why would Geddy say that they are going to move to the "A Farewell To Kings" album after they just played "Cygnus X-1" complete with great drum solo?

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Also...not for nothing but after Nat Sci Geddy said they are on the "..right on the verge of the 70's" before playing Jacob's Ladder.

Hence - Geddy CONFIRMS that Permanent Waves is an 80's album.

You are my new bestie!!! Froinds for life I say.

I thought I was your bestie bitch! LOL! This is the "Bitch Hunt" thread right?

Wont you be my number 2?

Signed,

Joe Jackson

• Like 1

I think Neil enjoys eating a lot of rich food and especially with the Macallan and cigarettes that's not healthy. I also think he looks particularly old and overweight on the DVD, enough that I noticed it. He's been getting progressively chunkier as each tour goes on and this is the first time I've noticed him seem out of breath when he's been drumming.
  • Like 1

I think Neil enjoys eating a lot of rich food and especially with the Macallan and cigarettes that's not healthy. I also think he looks particularly old and overweight on the DVD, enough that I noticed it. He's been getting progressively chunkier as each tour goes on and this is the first time I've noticed him seem out of breath when he's been drumming.

The way he hunches over and puts his hands on his legs between songs? You can see him breathing heavy.

• Like 2

The way he hunches over and puts his hands on his legs between songs? You can see him breathing heavy.

Though to be fair, lesser drummers would probably have a coronary playing like he does.

• Like 2

Though to be fair, lesser drummers would probably have a coronary playing like he does.

Couldn't agree more. Even though he doesn't have the healthiest lifestyle, he still blows all other drummers out of the water!

• Like 1

Why would Geddy say that they are going to move to the "A Farewell To Kings" album after they just played "Cygnus X-1" complete with great drum solo?

Also...not for nothing but after Nat Sci Geddy said they are on the "..right on the verge of the 70's" before playing Jacob's Ladder.

Well stated!!!

Lee can't be trusted. He thought they'd never played Jacob's Ladder. He apparently thinks Cygnus X-1 part 1 is from Hemispheres. He can't be trusted to remember when they wrote, recorded, mixed, mastered, and packaged Permanent Waves, which was all in 1979.

Dude can barely remember what city he's in sometimes.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

For Neil's age and body abuse yes. He is the greatest drummer alive.

However Buddy Rich will always be the greatest drummer on the planet! Neil can't swing!!!!

He was enstrasdef by his performance with the Buddy Rich band.

We all know this!

Freddie helped change Neil's style and in my opinion made it worse!

The fat cat in the black can't fukking swing!!!

Buddy Rich played better and longer than Neil!!

Louie Bellson is better than Neil!!!

Double bass! Four drumsticks! Played into his 80's.

Neil will always be my number one but I'm a realist!

The only way Geddy could confirm that PeW is an 80s album is with a time machine :smoke:

The Time Machine rolled back to 1979, as they started Spirit Of Radio.

The only way Geddy could confirm that PeW is an 80s album is with a time machine :smoke:

The Time Machine rolled back to 1979, as they started Spirit Of Radio.

Started in '79 but finished in '80. Dammit why is this so hard for people to understand.

• Like 1

However Buddy Rich will always be the greatest drummer on the planet! Neil can't swing!!!!

We all know this!

Hard to tell if Buddy could have played like Neil, but he was definitely a great drummer.

Guys, the boys sound great on this bluray so far. Geddy and Alex look great.

Now don't get me wrong, Neil sounds great on the kit but watching him up close seriously concerns me.

I can't believe the weight he has put on.

I am not here to rip Neil but I am sad.

He's my MAN damnit and I am very worried.

I am holding back the tears as I type this thread. Ok I can't hold them back.

I can't believe this reality.

I can truly see how Neil is done.

He needs to get off his fuckking BMW motorcycle and back on a damn bicycle!!! WTF?

I saw three R40 shows but even in the front row I couldn't see his big ass body gut.

I don't get it.

He fukking won't quit cigarettes either I bet. Fuckingg red apples.

NEIL YOU ARE MY MUSE! MY MAJOR INFLUENCE IN DRUMMING!!!

GET HEALTHY YOU CRAZY CANUCK!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

Of course I am NOT hero worshipping.

I am a drummer.

I am a damn good drummer because of Neil and my own "FREEWILL" to play hard and to play for 35 years!!!

I am in fear of Neil's heath! This is me trying to be serious now.

On the day that Neil passes away I really don't know what I will do with myself.

Take a week off from work and play every Rush album until my hands bleed and my limbs ache with pain.

DIET NEIL! STOP SMOKING!!!! At least do it for Olivia and your beautiful wife you fool!

Don't worry, it's all planned out. He is just preparing for another way to subsidize his income in retirement by becoming a shopping mall Santa. Hence the red nose, also. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 2

We all know this!

Hard to tell if Buddy could have played like Neil, but he was definitely a great drummer.

It is apples to oranges but Buddy can swing and his hands are 2112 times faster than Neil's! Buddy's snare work DESTROYS NEIL!!!

You are my new bestie!!! Froinds for life I say.

I thought I was your bestie bitch! LOL! This is the "Bitch Hunt" thread right?

Wont you be my number 2?

Signed,

Joe Jackson

I'll go for sloppy seconds! I'm done buddy and I will always be single. At least I "Look Sharp!"

That's interesting .. I have not seen the DVD yet, but I love watching the NFL, and the tell tale sign of exhaustion - especially with the big overweight lineman - is when they stand bent over with their hands on their knees .. That is a cardinal sin in football as it gives the opposing team an indication that you're done

Guys, the boys sound great on this bluray so far. Geddy and Alex look great.

Now don't get me wrong, Neil sounds great on the kit but watching him up close seriously concerns me.

I can't believe the weight he has put on.

I am not here to rip Neil but I am sad.

He's my MAN damnit and I am very worried.

I am holding back the tears as I type this thread. Ok I can't hold them back.

I can't believe this reality.

I can truly see how Neil is done.

He needs to get off his fuckking BMW motorcycle and back on a damn bicycle!!! WTF?

I saw three R40 shows but even in the front row I couldn't see his big ass body gut.

I don't get it.

He fukking won't quit cigarettes either I bet. Fuckingg red apples.

NEIL YOU ARE MY MUSE! MY MAJOR INFLUENCE IN DRUMMING!!!

GET HEALTHY YOU CRAZY CANUCK!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

Of course I am NOT hero worshipping.

I am a drummer.

I am a damn good drummer because of Neil and my own "FREEWILL" to play hard and to play for 35 years!!!

I am in fear of Neil's heath! This is me trying to be serious now.

On the day that Neil passes away I really don't know what I will do with myself.

Take a week off from work and play every Rush album until my hands bleed and my limbs ache with pain.

DIET NEIL! STOP SMOKING!!!! At least do it for Olivia and your beautiful wife you fool!

Don't worry, it's all planned out. He is just preparing for another way to subsidize his income in retirement by becoming a shopping mall Santa. Hence the red nose, also.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! YOU NAILED IT!!!

Signed,

Neil Elwood The Red Nosed Alcoholic RainManBeer

This post is sponsored by Marlboro.

ooops

wrong thread

Holy Shit!!! I've never seen this! Thanks buddy for posting it!!!!

I really don't understand why people hate KISS.

Oh well. It doesn't matter. Gene and Paul are laughing all the way to the bank, while losers like me sit on the Rush Forum and work at Burger King, prefer to drink Diet Coke and visit a sperm bank once a week so we can buy a nosebleed Rush ticket.

Wait! No more Rush concerts! Now guys like me can save my hard earned sperm dollars to see GHOST!!!!

"HE IS!"

KISS my missile and go for a "ROCKET RIDE!"

I FEEL SO "ALIVE TOO!"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Actually, I was just watching some of the R40 clips on youtube

Earl, my apologies, as I thought that perhaps you might have been exaggerating about Neil, but yeah, it sure looks as if he's thrown in the towel ... Its a shame .

It's not about the band or drums or touring - it's his health, and the only body he's got, and he's gone to hell with it

Imagine how much worse it'll be if he takes time off from the drums - at least he gets a workout doing that

C'mon Neil, we love ya .. Show some love for yourself

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

ooops

wrong thread

Holy Shit!!! I've never seen this! Thanks buddy for posting it!!!!

I really don't understand why people hate KISS.

Oh well. It doesn't matter. Gene and Paul are laughing all the way to the bank, while losers like me sit on the Rush Forum and work at Burger King, prefer to drink Diet Coke and visit a sperm bank once a week so we can buy their nosebleed Rush ticket.

Wait! No more Rush concerts! Now guys like me can save my hard earned sperm dollars to see GHOST!!!!

"HE IS!"

KISS my missile and go for a "ROCKET RIDE!"

I FEEL SO "ALIVE TOO!"

I meant to put it in the Witch Hunt thread

So it's over there now

lol ... I am so friggin tired right now

Actually, I was just watching some of the R40 clips on youtube

Earl, my apologies, as I thought that perhaps you might have been exaggerating about Neil, but yeah, it sure looks as if he's thrown in the towel ... Its a shame .

It's not about the band or drums or touring - it's his health, and the only body he's got, and he's got to hell with it

Imagine how much worse it'll be if he takes time off from the drums - at least he gets a workout doing that

C'mon Neil, we love ya .. Show some love for yourself

Yep!

Lucas, I may called "CRAZY" or "TWISTED" or "INSANE" or a "DRUG ADDICT" or a "SELF ABSORBED PRICK" but dude, I am not a bullshiter.

I'm a realist.

I know I'm over the top but that's my schtick. It's my Forum Persona.

People who can't see through the MASK of my writing are the ones who need to look into the mirror of disillusion.

Luckily most of you are smart, intelligent, fun and get my sense of humor.

To the few on this forum who don't get me and who keep bullying me, BRING IT ON!

I can take it.

"What Does It Take To Be A Man? I'm learning and I will be single forever.

Signed,

BOSTON

Neil is toast.

Sadly he looks like that fat dude in "The Meaning Of Life."

All of my Neil Peart snares are still in "MINT" condition.

Let's see if anyone on here is paying attention to my jokes. Do you get it?

I am sure Monty Python fans will get me wit.

SPIT!

Neil is toast.

Sadly he looks like that fat dude in "The Meaning Of Life."

All of my Neil Peart snares are still in "MINT" condition.

Let's see if anyone on here is paying attention to my jokes. Do you get it?

I am sure Monty Python fans will get me wit.

SPIT!

Somehow it seems worse that Neil got fat compared to when Alex did. But I'm not sure why.

• Like 1