Rock n' Roll not "showy" anymore?

fraroc

in all seriousness, I don't like the arena rocker's obsession with showmanship, and I don't like the hipster's insistence that no songs should have solos. there's a happy medium to be found here... if you only like bands with 9 minute solos and lord of the rings lyrics, you're stupid. if you only like bands with 3 minute songs who sing about heroin, new york and bad breakups, you're stupid.

Don't talk shit about Neil Young

^^^ confuses Neil Young with Lou Reed.

It was a joke because Neil Young has actually written about all three...

Followed by another joke, because that's all Lou Reed really ever sings about. :P

:outtahere:

Off to listen to the Needle and the Damage Done

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Let's face it ... there is something magical and inspiring about having heroes, no matter what form they come in - a band or a person or whatever that seems to transcend the norm ..

If you don't know the story of KISS and the football team in Cadillac, Michigan, I recommend reading about it

The bland boring tedious same-old-same-old never inspired me to do anything, much less pay for it

At the risk of sounding all of my 48 years, this just doesn't happen today - at least in all the glorious naïve sincerity it had in 1975

http://s26.postimg.org/dpnzkzrll/Kiss_Cadillac_Kiss_Blvd2.jpg

http://www.cadillacnews.com/ww2/photos2/photos/2012/03/06/45956.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/s7l6sziwo/Kiss_Cadillac_Kiss_Blvd.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

in all seriousness, I don't like the arena rocker's obsession with showmanship, and I don't like the hipster's insistence that no songs should have solos. there's a happy medium to be found here... if you only like bands with 9 minute solos and lord of the rings lyrics, you're stupid. if you only like bands with 3 minute songs who sing about heroin, new york and bad breakups, you're stupid.

Don't talk shit about Neil Young

^^^ confuses Neil Young with Lou Reed.

It was a joke because Neil Young has actually written about all three...

Followed by another joke, because that's all Lou Reed really ever sings about. :P

:outtahere:

Off to listen to the Needle and the Damage Done

Oh I thought you were correcting me in a snobbish way, my apologies

Let's face it ... there is something magical and inspiring about having heroes, no matter what form they come in - a band or a person or whatever that seems to transcend the norm ..

If you don't know the story of KISS and the football team in Cadillac, Michigan, I recommend reading about it

The bland boring tedious same-old-same-old never inspired me to do anything, much less pay for it

At the risk of sounding all of my 48 years, this just doesn't happen today - at least in all the glorious naïve sincerity it had in 1975

http://s26.postimg.org/dpnzkzrll/Kiss_Cadillac_Kiss_Blvd2.jpg

http://www.cadillacnews.com/ww2/photos2/photos/2012/03/06/45956.jpg

Lucas!

You made my night!!!!

People who bash KISS just don't get it. It's their loss. KISS KIXX AXE! FUKK THE HATERZZZZZZ!!!!

Ironically I am listening to "The Elder."

Signed,

"A WORLD WITHOUT HEREOS"

Personally a show without "showy" SUCKS MY ASS!

I would take the "Showy" KISS over any fukking boring grunge act on stage! Jesus! I love the first Pearl Jam album. After that just forget it.

My God. I saw them three years ago. Over three hours of non-showy shit.

Cum on all of you Rush LOVING HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

You loved it when the boys brought back the lasers!!! SHOWY!!!!!

Oh and it's true. GHOST is showy, but when you have talent too you are GLOWY!

So in my feeble, insane mind as some of you fools think, KISS HAS TALENT! THEY ARE GLOWY TOO!!!!!!!!!

A WORLD WITHOUT HEROES IS LIKE A BIRD WITHOUT WINGS!!!

FLY MUTHA FUKKA FLY!

• Like 1

Kiss is sweet from 74-78, I do think all their albums have at least a few forgettable tunes and basically everything after a certain year is bad, but they were one of the first bands I liked (around 2002/2003, well past their prime)
  • Like 2

Kiss is sweet from 74-78, I do think all their albums have at least a few forgettable tunes and basically everything after a certain year is bad, but they were one of the first bands I liked (around 2002/2003, well past their prime)

Time for a BLOOD BATH! LOL! I LOVE KISS!! But yes I will confess "Hot In The Shade" and "Crazy Nights" are PURE SHIT!

I missed King diamond sadly but got to see a black metal show last week that was quite showy... I doubt you're a fan but I'm sure you're familiar with the controversy surrounding mayhem. that was killer, their frontman does the silly costume shit but it's really entertaining
  • Like 1

I missed King diamond sadly but got to see a black metal show last week that was quite showy... I doubt you're a fan but I'm sure you're familiar with the controversy surrounding mayhem. that was killer, their frontman does the silly costume shit but it's really entertaining

HAHA! Seeing "Abagail" played all the way through was priceless buddy. Wish you went.

Yeah I am not a black metal fan.

I only love OPETH, but Steven Wilson ruined them and now Mikael doesn't growl anymore. I'm happy about that. LOL!

"Heritage" is a wonderful record. Most old school Opeth fans hate it!

HAHA! Seeing "Abagail" played all the way through was priceless buddy. Wish you went.

I only love OPETH, but Steven Wilson ruined them and now Mikael doesn't growl anymore. I'm happy about that. LOL!

yeah, third time missing king diamond. he is too expensive for me right now. mayhem was cheap, most of the death/black/doom shows are

yeah, third time missing king diamond. he is too expensive for me right now. mayhem was cheap, most of the death/black/doom shows are

I bet they are cheap! Hey Bath, don't get me wrong, I've had a wonderful life. I am blessed but now that my divorce is final alimony and child support kick in Jan 1.

I am done with shows unless a miracle happens.

Funny how it works. I make all the money and now I have to suffer and be poor.

I will still rock but I will never love again.

Love is a chemical in the brain that causes you to think that you are actually in love so you can reproduce and keep the species alive.

Whatever.

Sorry for switching gears on you.

I need a good black death metal show.