Rock n' Roll not "showy" anymore?

fraroc

Mainstream acceptance of rock music is pretty much dead. And I know we don't care about the mainstream, but back in the day, rock music was a relevant part of pop culture. Now Kenny Chesney has taken over that role. Where are the Bruce springsteens, motley crues, guns and roses, van Halens, Billy idols , zz tops.. I could go on and on . Today's youth ( for the most part) just dint give a shit about dudes on stage with guitars anymore.

What took the place of music with them?

Texting

I don't know whether you are serious or joking.

Name a Rock band formed This century that...

A) Sells records?

B) Sells concert tickets.?

C) Gets played on Mainstream radio?

I got zero...

They are few and far between...and Foo Fighters, Coldplay and Nickelback were formed in the 90's, so they don't count..

Mainstream acceptance of rock music is pretty much dead. And I know we don't care about the mainstream, but back in the day, rock music was a relevant part of pop culture. Now Kenny Chesney has taken over that role. Where are the Bruce springsteens, motley crues, guns and roses, van Halens, Billy idols , zz tops.. I could go on and on . Today's youth ( for the most part) just dint give a shit about dudes on stage with guitars anymore.

Texting

I'm joking! Now laugh! Laugh damn you ha ha ha ha like that! :madra:

• Like 2

This is the list of concerts at Madison Square Garden for the next 9 months.

All of the acts are either, aging Rock acts..The Who, Billy Joel, Black Sabbath, Maiden...

or Pop/ Country acts.....

The only other Rock act I see is Fall Out Boy...In 5 years the artists above will be gone.

And this is in NYC, good luck finding live rock in less populated areas of the country...I have no idea what kids today do, but I am glad I am not in this generaton

http://www.thegarden.com/calendar?page=0&evmonth=&venue=gardens&evtype=concert

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 2

Texting

I haven't a funny bone in my body. I refuse to laugh. When it comes to humor, I have none. None. Do you hear me? None.

• Like 2

This is the list of concerts at Madison Square Garden for the next 9 months.

All of the acts are either, aging Rock acts..The Who, Billy Joel, Black Sabbath, Maiden...

or Pop/ Country acts.....

The only other Rock act I see is Fall Out Boy...In 5 years the artists above will be gone.

And this is in NYC, good luck finding live rock in less populated areas of the country...I have no idea what kids today do, but I am glad I am not in this generaton

http://www.thegarden...&evtype=concert

Me too. I am glad I was born when I was. Even if I am close to ancient now. :codger:

• Like 2

Texting

I haven't a funny bone in my body. I refuse to laugh. When it comes to humor, I have none. None. Do you hear me? None.

I don't believe you!

Texting

I don't believe you!

:o

• Like 1

Texting

Who amongst us has not had a Funny Bone in their body?

• Like 1

Texting

Weren't they delicious? I used to love them.

• Like 1

Texting

That statement is faintly prophylactic...al. :D

• Like 1