The Official Thread of The Doors

The Cat 3

I actually need some album recommendations for them, i listened to their greatest hits, but dont know where to go from there

Like I posted, Strange Days, Waiting for the Sun and L.A. Woman are my personal favorites.

The debut and Morrison Hotel are also very good.

People love the debut, so why don't you start there. Hell, just go chronologically.

In for a Doors marathon today. Lots of desk work to catch up on.

So, I managed to get in Soft Parade, Strange Days, Waiting for the Sun, and An American Prayer. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I love all of the music they created with JDM.

Some 30 years ago I was going through a long Doors phase in my life. I hardly listened to other stuff at the time, but thank god it only lasted for 1-2 years. I think that qualifies to put me on the list.

I kind of rediscovered them on my flight to LA this year. They had a lot of crappy albums in these little pads implemented in the seat in front of you. I scrolled till I found L.A. Woman and listened to the album 4 times in a row. That was freaking awesome.

• Like 2

I love The Soft Parade.

Is that a crime?

Is it a crime? No. But it is questionable taste in music. The only thing worse is liking Bon Jovi!

I like The Soft Parade.

Bon Jovi are great if you can enjoy simpler music once in a while.

I like The Soft Parade.

The Doors is among my favorite bands. :clap:

The debut album, Strange Days, Waiting for The Sun, Morrison Hotel are the best for me. Unfortunately they lost a lot of their strenght without Jim.

His personality was difficult to deal, but he was a great artist.

I remember when I heard about Manzarek's death on the radio in 2013 and it made me listen to them more and more. The atmosphere created is quite unique in this band, which was very innovative technically.

Some lyrics get deep into the listeners others are more "direct".

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 3

good group. I thought everybody liked them until I joined this place

Nerds.

Isn't calling members of a :rush: forum nerds redundant?

I love the friends I've gathered on this thin raft...

The Doors is among my favorite bands. :clap:

The debut album, Strange Days, Waiting for The Sun, Morrison Hotel are the best for me. Unfortunately they lost a lot of their strenght without Jim.

His personality was difficult to deal, but he was a great artist.

I remember when I heard about Manzarek's death on the radio in 2013 and it made me listen to them more and more. The atmosphere created is quite unique in this band, which was very innovative technically.

Some lyrics get deep into the listeners others are more "direct".

The music is remarkable. Add to that Jim's poetic musings and you end up with a tremendous, enduring artistic statement.
  • Like 2

I like The Doors quite a bit. The only "album" I own by them is the Very Best compilation, but there are about 6000 songs on there, so I figure I'm set. Some of my favorite tunes by them are Light My Fire, Hello I Love You, The Crystal Ship, Strange Days, Not to Touch the Earth, and The End.
  • Like 2

The Doors have a hard earned respect with me. Didn't care for the Morrison Mythos right off the bat. Reading No One Here Gets Out Alive in high school before I knew much about their albums surely didn't help. Liked a few tunes. Riders On The Storm is mesmerizing.

Fast forwarding a couple of decades, I marry someone who loves The Doors. My wife introduced me to all their albums. Hearing them at age 40 or so lends a different perspective. There's great stuff on every album, as well as some clinkers. Never liked the vaudeville type stuff. Its goofy. Davy Jones would try to wreck the Monkees albums with similar crap. I think there was a thread here long ago where someone thought The Doors could be considered early prog or pre-prog. I get it. The band is top notch and streets ahead of what was generally around in the '60's. Great guitar, great drums, and without Ray I think would have been lost. Ray was the glue that held that band together in more ways than one.

When I want to listen to The Doors, I'll put on L.A.Woman, or maybe Morrison Hotel. Soft Parade? Wishful Sinful is an absolute killer.

• Like 3

Neil stole the idea from The Doors.

And no Las Vegas lounge would have opened their doors to them (hahaha, get it? "opened their doors" :rfl: ) back then for fear Jim would drop his pants on stage. Or something like that.

:)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Going by the title, "Wishful Sinful" sounds like a Neil Diamond song.

The Soft Parade - hear the Doors as a Las Vegas lounge act.

Think Full Panoramic movie soundtrack from '69.

Today is my lucky day! :sundog: I see Amazon has many for a penny. :)

Go wild!

• Like 1

The Doors have a hard earned respect with me. Didn't care for the Morrison Mythos right off the bat. Reading No One Here Gets Out Alive in high school before I knew much about their albums surely didn't help. Liked a few tunes. Riders On The Storm is mesmerizing.

Fast forwarding a couple of decades, I marry someone who loves The Doors. My wife introduced me to all their albums. Hearing them at age 40 or so lends a different perspective. There's great stuff on every album, as well as some clinkers. Never liked the vaudeville type stuff. Its goofy. Davy Jones would try to wreck the Monkees albums with similar crap. I think there was a thread here long ago where someone thought The Doors could be considered early prog or pre-prog. I get it. The band is top notch and streets ahead of what was generally around in the '60's. Great guitar, great drums, and without Ray I think would have been lost. Ray was the glue that held that band together in more ways than one.

When I want to listen to The Doors, I'll put on L.A.Woman, or maybe Morrison Hotel. Soft Parade? Wishful Sinful is an absolute killer.

Best post in this thread so far!

• Like 1

Loved The Doors in my early twenties, but don't listen to them too much these days. That said I still like it when I catch one of their songs - radio or shuffle on my PC. Could never quite get The Soft Parade, but my all time favourite Doors track is Universal Mind.