Come Back Narps!!!

Lorraine

Now that's a topic rarely discussed around here and one we all can agree on - music.

:tempted:

No, we really disagree about music. We can't even agree on Rush, a band we ALL like or love....Fighting over zee or zed?...Fighting over barketta or barchetta? I bet if every TRFer were standing outside in the sun and looking up on a completely clear day and someone said, "What a lovely blue sky", someone would disagree in some way OR find some negative comment to interject. :LOL:

A few people here seem to revel in it too.

BUT THE SKY WAS PURPLE!

Or, "I've seen lovelier. The sky in (insert poster's hometown) is much better for sunrise. Or sunset. Anyway, this bluish sky is ok. But I've seen better."

"Your opinion is Tai Shan!"

Always thought the "Tai Shan" usage was a weird one. Mainly because it makes absolutely no sense. It's the equivalent of "Hey man, whatever you do, don't see the new Johnny Depp flick. It's a total piece of 'You Bet Your Life' ."

Everything you just said was sooooo Xanadu!

• Like 1

Now that's a topic rarely discussed around here and one we all can agree on - music.

No, we really disagree about music. We can't even agree on Rush, a band we ALL like or love....Fighting over zee or zed?...Fighting over barketta or barchetta? I bet if every TRFer were standing outside in the sun and looking up on a completely clear day and someone said, "What a lovely blue sky", someone would disagree in some way OR find some negative comment to interject. :LOL:

BUT THE SKY WAS PURPLE!

Or, "I've seen lovelier. The sky in (insert poster's hometown) is much better for sunrise. Or sunset. Anyway, this bluish sky is ok. But I've seen better."

Always thought the "Tai Shan" usage was a weird one. Mainly because it makes absolutely no sense. It's the equivalent of "Hey man, whatever you do, don't see the new Johnny Depp flick. It's a total piece of 'You Bet Your Life' ."

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

BUT THE SKY WAS PURPLE!

Thanks!!!

The Tai Shan thing makes sense if you replace it with the word $hit. :D

BUT THE SKY WAS PURPLE!

Thanks!!!

I love $hit!

I love $hit!

Nothing like a good one in the morning. :LOL:

Along with High Water!

And then FLUSH!

• Like 1

I love Tai Shan and High Water, but unlike loads of people I CAN JOKE ABOUT STUFF I LOVE THAT I KNOW OTHERS DO NOT DIG!

Lololololol

Edited by Segue Myles

I love $hit!

Nothing like a good one in the morning. :LOL:

Along with High Water!

And then FLUSH!

Sometimes you just have it In The End.

• Like 1

So...politics aside...why else did he leave?

Or is it really just politics?

Coz I thought that was mainly brought up in SOCN?!

Not sure,

It's his choice. But if people here want to bring up politics outside of SOCN. Bring it! :D

I won't join in, but coolness!

Bah, you fools can't handle SOCN it's all non sequitur this, strawman that, critical thinking yadda-yadda.

BUT THE SKY WAS PURPLE!

Thanks!!!

That's the thing though. To me it's the same as replacing "Mt. McKinley" or "Mt.Fuji" with "$hit". Just doesn't make sense. Not even pronunciation-wise is it similar. Yeah, I get the dislike factor. And I don't even like the song. But I'm not going to replace "SHIT" with "You Bet Your Life" or "Speed of Love". It just feels like one of those tired, old, not-so-funny-in-the-first-place jokes from the tv show Friends that's beaten into the ground. Ah well. Tomayto tomAHto potayto potahto Tai Shan Shit the radiance that travels.

• Like 1

That's the thing though. To me it's the same as replacing "Mt. McKinley" or "Mt.Fuji" with "$hit". Just doesn't make sense. Not even pronunciation-wise is it similar. Yeah, I get the dislike factor. And I don't even like the song. But I'm not going to replace "SHIT" with "You Bet Your Life" or "Speed of Love". It just feels like one of those tired, old, not-so-funny-in-the-first-place jokes from the tv show Friends that's beaten into the ground. Ah well. Tomayto tomAHto potayto potahto Tai Shan Shit the radiance that travels.

It makes sense since so many people consider it their worst song. There are runners up of course, but that one always seems to garner the most hate. Even Geddy said he didn't think it worked.

BUT THE SKY WAS PURPLE!

Whoa dude, is that really called for???

• Like 1

It makes sense since so many people consider it their worst song. There are runners up of course, but that one always seems to garner the most hate. Even Geddy said he didn't think it worked.

All that does nothing to convince me that it works or is funny. Besides, it NOT working (in Geddy's head) doesn't mean that the gag does. Again, toMAYto toMAHto

All that does nothing to convince me that it works or is funny. Besides, it NOT working (in Geddy's head) doesn't mean that the gag does. Again, toMAYto toMAHto

That's only because you LIKE the song. ;)

:LOL:

Nah. It's the exact opposite. It's because others vehemently HATE the song. I already said I don't like it.

However, it is slightly because the actual mountain IS a holy place. And it IS a pretty peaceful place to visit. Mainly though, and if I haven't been clear enough, it's a pretty lame ass beaten joke. :LOL:

:LOL:

Nah. It's the exact opposite. It's because others vehemently HATE the song. I already said I don't like it.

However, it is slightly because the actual mountain IS a holy place. And it IS a pretty peaceful place to visit. Mainly though, and if I haven't been clear enough, it's a pretty lame ass beaten joke. :LOL:

Yeah I think the lyrics are okay but it's just doesn't seem like a Rush song.

OF COURSE it's a RUSH song! Expand your understanding of MUSIC! :P :nya nya: :blink: :)

Johnny, my comment wasn't meant to be serious. It was a joke. With a touch of irony. Hahaha, get it? :dweez: :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Johnny, my comment wasn't meant to be serious. It was a joke. With a touch of irony. Hahaha, get it? :dweez: :laughing guy:

Yeah I got it

• Like 1

Besides, I've seen NARP posting in the last few days.....

You better put your Foster Grants on.

Well, if the post date's are correct......

Why would anyone want to fall out over politics on a music forum?!

Just accept we all have strong views and get over it!

Good grief.

You of all people know that people are different and as a result, react differently too. (Don't read too much into that because it's not a putdown).

I'm kind of the mentality that thinks "Why would anyone want to discuss politics on a music forum" in the first place.

Politicians...they're all vermin of varying degrees.

This is true...but there is like casual chat and then their is the BIG ELECTION stuff...just seems a little unnecessary...I have strong religious beliefs but I choose to keep them off the forum!

It's just the old religion and politics thing...some things get blown out of proportion (albums and bands and my apparent confused gender to some haha), but we know this is gonna turn nasty!

Those confused gender strikes at you are weak and petty. f**k them. If I'm going to rip you I'm taking the Bon Jovi or shitty movie choice angle. :LOL:

People/friends in the real world walk out of our lives for sometimes unknown reasons or reasons WE thought were trivial. It's only natural that it'd happen here too.

FUKK YEAH BLAZE!