The Counterparts Appreciation Thread (or moan fest thread)

Segue Myles

Just trying to point out the double standard on here.

What double standard?

It started in a thread in another section. Some got highly offended that their song was bashed. Then we got a few sermons on how we ought to respect the opinions and music taste of others.

Once again, who on this thread is getting nasty about anyone's opinion? Why do you keep posting this in all my threads? If it isn't directed at me, then I am lost.

If it is, I don't get it and don't have too.

Some of those "sermons" were written trying to speak up for you.

After AnEggPlant got bashed to smithereens over absolutely nothing the other week, and now this message, I give up. Had nothing but ice cold vibes ever since from you and another member since, and I am extremely disappointed.

And now the time has come to close another "sermon".

It's a simple loyality thing to "friend(s)" you have or may have had for a long(er) period of time. That simple. Grabbing onto the flavor of the day or month and dissing "friend(s)" that have been there through thick and thin seems inappropriate to me but I was raised in a different time. Maybe loyality only counts in "real life". If so consider my old school self educated then and forget it... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

:unsure: The thread stopper^^^ ;)

That can happen when people don't know what you're talking about :huh:

If you read it in context it should be pretty self explanatory. Friendships and loyality. Simple. Oh the hell with it... Edited by Narps

Forget it gang. Carry on...

Edit: Apologies for the "BS" too

Edited by Narps

If you read it in context it should be pretty self explanatory. Friendships and loyality. Simple. Oh the hell with it...

But what does that have to do with this discussion? You're bringing up an issue that has nothing to do with this.

If you read it in context it should be pretty self explanatory. Friendships and loyality. Simple. Oh the hell with it...

But what does that have to do with this discussion? You're bringing up an issue that has nothing to do with this.

Gonna give this one more shot. Go back 3 or 4 pages and read and it does but that is just my opinion of course. If it doesn't at that point then it doesn't and never will I guess. I just see things like this forum as something different and I am probably misguided... :cheers: either way Edited by Narps

Segue........go for middle Man next then.

Mick

I played Silk Degrees ages ago and really liked it. No complaints.

Now?

IT SUCKS!

Joking tee hee

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Dude i nearly broke my monitor, lol. i was gonna say how can you possibly love Toto and hate Silk Degrees, lol. It practically IS Toto. Classic 70's album.

Mick

CALM DOWN FAM!

Lol its not like I was talking about Tom Waits (for a good musical idea to finally hit him).

JOKING DUDE CHILL

OVER THE LINE.

Heh

Over the line...isn't that Brewer and Shipley? :eh:

Heh heh heh...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qD7HsGMcbrI

Was just attempting to help a friend that this place meant alot too as this forum does to me. I suppose my caring seems to have been misguided and wasted in retrospect since nobody gets it but when it feels the right thing to do I just do it. Apologies for ruining all the fun if only for a brief moment and to all a good night... :codger:
  • Like 1

Just trying to point out the double standard on here.

What double standard?

It started in a thread in another section. Some got highly offended that their song was bashed. Then we got a few sermons on how we ought to respect the opinions and music taste of others.

Once again, who on this thread is getting nasty about anyone's opinion? Why do you keep posting this in all my threads? If it isn't directed at me, then I am lost.

If it is, I don't get it and don't have too.

Some of those "sermons" were written trying to speak up for you.

After AnEggPlant got bashed to smithereens over absolutely nothing the other week, and now this message, I give up. Had nothing but ice cold vibes ever since from you and another member since, and I am extremely disappointed.

And now the time has come to close another "sermon".

It's a simple loyality thing to "friend(s)" you have or may have had for a long(er) period of time. That simple. Grabbing onto the flavor of the day or month and dissing "friend(s)" that have been there through thick and thin seems inappropriate to me but I was raised in a different time. Maybe loyality only counts in "real life". If so consider my old school self educated then and forget it...

Both you and Lorraine cooled towards me, neither of you privately messaged me, and a few casual barbs against me were posted, both indicating I have been preaching or somehow stuck up. You both know it started, I tried to post kind comments, and still felt sidelined. Someone else knew I was upset, told me not to apologise as I had done nothing wrong, and after a post saying I write " sermons " when many of my lengthier posts were written specifically to support certain individuals who felt lost really hurt. A lot.

And it all started when I made no effort to side with a certain small group I am sure you are well aware of making a newcomer feel most unwelcome.

And somehow a thread I started was used to imply I was attacking opinions, or am somehow guilty of having double standards.

So yes that loyalty was tested and I really cannot understand why or how it started.

And it began with two individuals who always claim they "are too old for this".

I was really upset, and I have no doubt in my mind I was discussed in private but not once reached out too.

Hurt indeed. And it was totally unfair of both of you to slight me.

You can deny it but you know full well it happened, and I am not in the slightest bit satisfied with any of it.

If " bonds " really mean so much to either of you, then why did I get slighted if a PM takes only seconds to type and send?

Not sure I want to make this public, but it wasn't started in private (at least not with me involved). Love you both, but I have been hurt to be completely up front with you.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

It's one reason i wasn't the most popular in school. these Clicky attitudes. i never went for any of it. Sometimes this place is like being back in school.

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

Not sure at all what happened and why no one spoke directly to me but never mind.

• Like 2

It's one reason i wasn't the most popular in school. these Clicky attitudes. i never went for any of it. Sometimes this place is like being back in school.

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

Not sure at all what happened and why no one spoke directly to me but never mind.

i wasn't aware of any of it. Till that initial comment.

Oh well i better stop talking. heaven forbid i should step on any toes.

Mick

• Like 2

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

i wasn't aware of any of it. Till that initial comment.

Oh well i better stop talking. heaven forbid i should step on any toes.

Mick

Speed Of Love kinda is a dirt bag song. Replayed it! Love a couple of lines, but I never noticed how bored Geddy sounds.

• Like 2

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

No disrespect meant to Narps and Lorraine, but both of you are right I feel. I don't want to say what I feel on this issue due to the high probability of me getting in trouble for it, but I just wanted to thank you both for being cool to me. That is all. :)

• Like 2

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

No disrespect meant to Narps and Lorraine, but both of you are right I feel. I don't want to say what I feel on this issue due to the high probability of me getting in trouble for it, but I just wanted to thank you both for being cool to me. That is all. :)

Both Narps and Lorraine know i love them......and would rush to their side to defend them in a heartbeat. But you are ok in my book bud. you've never done a single thing to make me think otherwise.

i lie you a lot.

Mick

• Like 2

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

I am just glad you proved my suspicions correct, you seem a coold lad and a real sense of fun. So the issue truly doesn't revolve around this "flavor of the day or month".

If you head along to my thread Xanadu vs Headlong Flight, there is to be found a comment made by me where I tried to apologise for the tone of a previous message.

And it carried on.

• Like 1

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

I am just glad you proved my suspicions correct, you seem a coold lad and a real sense of fun. So the issue truly doesn't revolve around this "flavor of the day or month".

If you head along to my thread Xanadu vs Headlong Flight, there is to be found a comment made by me where I tried to apologise for the tone of a previous message.

And it carried on.

I did read it and I don't think you did anything wrong. I think if some people can't hand others liking one song more than another, they shouldn't go to opinion based polls. I've said too much, I better stop before I get in trouble.

Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 1

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

Both Narps and Lorraine know i love them......and would rush to their side to defend them in a heartbeat. But you are ok in my book bud. you've never done a single thing to make me think otherwise.

i lie you a lot.

Mick

So would I bud, which is why I feel really let down. I really couldn't understand where they were coming from, and somehow me trying to amicably agree to disagree led to silly TRF drama.

I bet I will come out looking the bad guy, when really I have no clue why they lacked trust for me, when I always defend them.

Last of my sermons.

• Like 2

Shame really.

Mick

Well I said my piece.

i lie you a lot.

Mick

So would I bud, which is why I feel really let down. I really couldn't understand where they were coming from, and somehow me trying to amicably agree to disagree led to silly TRF drama.

I bet I will come out looking the bad guy, when really I have no clue why they lacked trust for me, when I always defend them.

Last of my sermons.

I don't think you did anything wrong. I just hope I didn't hurt any friendship you had with Narps or Lorraine.

Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 1