Power Windows Love Fest

DirkPrattLerxst

Brilliant record. The 2nd best of the 80's.

Which one is your best of the '80s?

Exit Stage Left

Interesting. Right on...I love it as well. Don't listen to it often anymore, but it is great.

Second best studio album of the '80s, then, in your opinion?

Of the 80's albums, this is my second least favourite.

Bit I like it a hundred times more than Signals, so it isn't an insult!

I think I would say the same, second from the bottom, of the '80s. But it ranges from very good to excellent, in many places. 8/10

Least favourite of the eighties? Which would that be?

The bottom two are a toss-up between PoW and Signals, same as yours. Both have a couple of songs that I normally don't listen to- Big Money, Mystic Rhythms, Chemistry, and Losing It.

That being said...the songs on Power Windows that I like, I really really like! Excellent musicianship and excellent songwriting (including the lyrics, specifically) throughout.

Yeah, on Signals I enjoy three songs (all from the second side). I really like most of Power Windows. What I don't like, I love! And those songs are Grand Designs and Marathon. Big Money grew on me, but to be honest I could do without it.

Signals is the album that proves to me letting go of Terry Brown was the right decision. Grace Under Pressure through to Presto is infinitely superior in my opinion!

• Like 1

PoW Is my number 2 Rush album

Grand Designs

Manhatten Project

Marathon

Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

All fantastic songs.

Mick

I was listening to this album tonight driving home after dark (damn time change!) and it was glorious. I just love it. It sounds so good and it was produced so well. It's such a pleasure to listen to.

• Like 2

Grand Designs

Manhatten Project

Marathon

Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

All fantastic songs.

Mick

I was listening to this album tonight driving home after dark (damn time change!) and it was glorious. I just love it. It sounds so good and it was produced so well. It's such a pleasure to listen to.

i always say it has a unique crackling energy that i've never heard on any other Rush album.

Mick

• Like 1

Grand Designs

Manhatten Project

Marathon

Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

All fantastic songs.

Mick

i always say it has a unique crackling energy that i've never heard on any other Rush album.

Mick

I think it sounds unique to any of their other albums, too, yeah.

• Like 1

You know why i like it also.......lol....silly reason. it remind of being in an old school Video game arcade. you know all the electronic sounds, lol

So it's nostalgia for me.

Mick

Makes me feel better for loving The Big Wheel, because it reminds me of my childhood phase of loving Cher!

• Like 1

Is this due to the song quality or the sound quality? I love Signals but always thought the sound quality was dull.

• Like 1

Is this due to the song quality or the sound quality? I love Signals but always thought the sound quality was dull.

It is due to the simple fact that I love PeW, MP, GUP, HYF and Presto more! (although i am certain if i played PoW and Presto back to back, PoW would win).

PoW is a phenomenal album in its own right. But when it comes to Rush, phenomenal sometimes just isn't enough!

• Like 1

It is due to the simple fact that I love PeW, MP, GUP, HYF and Presto more! (although i am certain if i played PoW and Presto back to back, PoW would win).

PoW is a phenomenal album in its own right. But when it comes to Rush, phenomenal sometimes just isn't enough!

In bold...that surprises me. You adore Presto!

(And so do I).

• Like 1

You know why i like it also.......lol....silly reason. it remind of being in an old school Video game arcade. you know all the electronic sounds, lol

Mick

Makes me feel better for loving The Big Wheel, because it reminds me of my childhood phase of loving Cher!

I love The Big Wheel, too!

I did nor have a childhood Cher phase, though.

However, I did listen to some very old stuff of hers not too long ago.

Mick

Yes, I know what you mean, totally!

• Like 1

In bold...that surprises me. You adore Presto!

(And so do I).

Well I do! But in the past, I have found Power Windows to be as intoxicating as GUP and HYF. It lacks replay value for me, which I do hold against it. But musically, I think I need to revisit it just to clarify my thoughts.

Just realised you are referring to Signals!

Erm...I think it is pretty terrible. Saved by The Weapon, Losing It and Countdown.