Power Windows Love Fest

DirkPrattLerxst

Power windows........great recovery from p/g.

Mick

Those two albums are maybe their to best, so.....come on!!!

GUP is waaaaaaaaaaay superior to Power Windows. Even with Red Lenses.

No more no more

http://abload.de/img/poshhairdontcarem5sp5.gif

great album, I can't help but be reminded of american psycho at times, though... couldn't anyone else picture patrick bateman stabbing a hooker while explaining the meaning of manhattan project?
  • Like 3

great album, I can't help but be reminded of american psycho at times, though... couldn't anyone else picture patrick bateman stabbing a hooker while explaining the meaning of manhattan project?

http://s13.postimg.org/jgok1y5qf/Patrick_bateman.jpg

• Like 2

Power Windows does have two songs I like more than any on GUP:

Grand Designs and Marathon.

Otherwise, from the cover art to the weakest track, I love everything on GUP to death more than PoW. I would take Red Lenses over Big Money any day. And although I at least like every song on PoW, I love everything on GUP (yes, even Red Lenses).

Power Windows does have two songs I like more than any on GUP:

Grand Designs

:scared:

the song that ruins Power Windows for me

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2848610/lois-pukes-on-stewie-o.gif

• Like 1

Power windows........great recovery from p/g.

Mick

Those two albums are maybe their to best, so.....come on!!!

GUP is waaaaaaaaaaay superior to Power Windows. Even with Red Lenses.

By far, yes.

• Like 1

There's only 2 rush records i hate. VT and p/g Vt i can explain but p/g i cannot. this album register's on my hate meter and almost breaks it, lol

so don't ask, lol i can't answer.

Mick

What about Roll The Bones?

yes!! I want in on this PoW love fest!

When I was 13 my dad introduced me to Power Windows. I was in a "Rush family," so I already knew all the hits but I hadn't experienced certain albums as a whole. I remember my dad listening to the album every time we drove somewhere for what seemed like months. I got very familiar with all of the songs, even the lesser known gems like Grand Designs and Emotion Detector.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I consider PoW to be one of those Rush albums with no tracks worth skipping. Like Moving Pictures, I can just put it on and let it go.

So much fine drumming on this album. The drumming during Alex's 7/8 solo in Marathon is fantastic, Big Money of course is groove city, and Mystic effing Rhythms!!!!! Those Tama drums just SING!

• Like 3

Big fan of PoW as well. Not quite top 5 for me, but I agree that it's consistent enough to listen through without skipping anything (which I can't say for many records that came after it). Marathon has always been a fave, but since seeing them play it on CA tour, Grand Designs has become my most played track. Overall, an impressively arranged and produced Rush album.

There's only 2 rush records i hate. VT and p/g Vt i can explain but p/g i cannot. this album register's on my hate meter and almost breaks it, lol

Mick

Oh man. I don't even hate Grace though it is a lesser one for me.

In fact I can't think of any band I love making an album that I hate.

• Like 1

This always reminds me of that Power Windows tour Boot......during Marathon. A........one would assume Rush purist in the crowd.....shouts

"PRETTY F**KING SAD!!!!!!!!!

:laughing guy:

Mick

Lol. I have that boot. Come to think about the lyrics of Marathon are pretty sad. And people think that Dog Years sucks??

Mind? Blown.

This always reminds me of that Power Windows tour Boot......during Marathon. A........one would assume Rush purist in the crowd.....shouts

Mick

Do you know where I can find that bootleg? That's hilarious!

Mick

It's either from the Mecca or Visions and Illusions.

Mick

It's either from the Mecca or Visions and Illusions.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

people who saw the power windows tour: what kind of reaction was the new pop shit getting?

Wish I could remember... :codger:

Power Windows...what an album :smoke:

Amazing textures, impeccable song craft, and each member managed to capture a unique aspect of how they can play the instrument.

It was really the last album that Geddy totally went to town on bass throughout the whole album; he rips it up, especially on The Big Money and Emotion Detector.

I think I was the only vote for PoW in the best drum album thread. Some incredibly technical playing from Neil.

• Like 5

Mick

What about Roll The Bones?

Dislike it immensly. mostly for the production. but i don't hate it.

Mick