Another 300 (leftovers from your top album list etc)

New_World_Man

I get the feeling most of us are either bored with this whole list thing by now or just burnt out. Either way, let's all just take it easy and try to enjoy it.

I do want to say though that there is one really obvious(at least it's obvious to me and probably to many people on this list)omission from the whole list so far. The only hint I'll give is that it's a prog metal album by a prog metal band.

There's also a Rock band from the U.S.A. that has decades of touring and solid albums under their belt. Yet they had no mention in the first 500. I'm surprised I forgot about 'em.

Foreigner? I don't believe they had any. Kind of a travesty in my view but I didn't put them up so there is that. For Lou Grahams voice alone they should get a few albums up there anyway. Head Games etc. I guess technically they are a British/American rock band though...

I put a greatest hits in the top 500 coz I couldn't round it down to one favourite Foreigner album

• Like 1

I get the feeling most of us are either bored with this whole list thing by now or just burnt out. Either way, let's all just take it easy and try to enjoy it.

I do want to say though that there is one really obvious(at least it's obvious to me and probably to many people on this list)omission from the whole list so far. The only hint I'll give is that it's a prog metal album by a prog metal band.

There's also a Rock band from the U.S.A. that has decades of touring and solid albums under their belt. Yet they had no mention in the first 500. I'm surprised I forgot about 'em.

Foreigner? I don't believe they had any. Kind of a travesty in my view but I didn't put them up so there is that. For Lou Grahams voice alone they should get a few albums up there anyway. Head Games etc. I guess technically they are a British/American rock band though...

I put a greatest hits in the top 500 coz I couldn't round it down to one favourite Foreigner album

220px-Foreigner-head-games80.jpg

My favorite cover of theirs.

• Like 1

Oh there was one in there? I didn't notice or forgot. Well done young man... :cheers: They are part of the soundtrack of my youth along with many others. They was no way to avoid their music back in the day... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

501. Led Zeppelin - Same (New_World_Man)

502. Talk Talk - Natural History (goose)

503. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

504. REM - Green (laughedatbytime)

505. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk (djflex)

506. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie (Self-Indulgence)

507. ABBA - The Visitors (Na na na)

508. YES - Talk (New World Man)

509. James Gang Live in Concert - James Gang (custom55)

510. Moving Pictures - Days of Innocence (goose)

511. Peter Gabriel - same(third-melt) (Digital Dad)

512. Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla (Narps)

513. Barones - Yellow & Green (Na na na)

514. ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (Self-Indulgence)

515. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (Lucas)

516. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity (Segue Myles)

517. Billy Joel - Piano Man (New World Man)

518. Exile in Guyville - Liz Phair (a rocket that ignites itself)

519. Queen - Live Killers (goose)

The performances on this album perfectly capture the electricity that is Queen live.. Side 2 has Freddy in all his majesty interacting with the crowd and giving a killer acoustic set with Brian. Spread your Wings finally gets the treatment it deserves (the studio cut is sorely lacking) and Don't Stop Me as well. and the version of Brighton Rock has all the extended wankery a rock instrumentalist would want.

520. AC/DC - High Voltage (Narps)

That pretty much takes care of the "great" AC/DC. This one is worth the price of admission for just It's A long Way To The Top (if you wanna rock "n" roll) not to mention the rest of the straight up rock tunes. How you mix in the Bagpipes in such a cool and inspired way is beyond me. I never tire of hearing that one. Just makes me feel good. Genius... :codger:

This is the Non-Aussie version, aka TNT down under (essentially).
  • Like 1

Oh there was one in there? I didn't notice or forgot. Well done young man... :cheers: They are part of the soundtrack of my youth along with many others. They was no way to avoid their music back in the day...

If it wasn't for the every ten posts rule...I'd have had their first six albums for definite!

Oh there was one in there? I didn't notice or forgot. Well done young man... :cheers: They are part of the soundtrack of my youth along with many others. They was no way to avoid their music back in the day...

Feels Like the First Time I remember from 6th grade graduation. First make-out song, with Suzie Taggart.
  • Like 1

Goose, you skipped over my Billy Joel. :P

I post the latest list then fill in the gaps. Be patient, Kid. :)

I've got a Joel album in mind, btw.

Good. You keep team work in mind and so will I. ;) I know the whole idea is really your baby so I guess I should have a little more faith. ;)

The performances on this album perfectly capture the electricity that is Queen live.. Side 2 has Freddy in all his majesty interacting with the crowd and giving a killer acoustic set with Brian. Spread your Wings finally gets the treatment it deserves (the studio cut is sorely lacking) and Don't Stop Me as well. and the version of Brighton Rock has all the extended wankery a rock instrumentalist would want.

That pretty much takes care of the "great" AC/DC. This one is worth the price of admission for just It's A long Way To The Top (if you wanna rock "n" roll) not to mention the rest of the straight up rock tunes. How you mix in the Bagpipes in such a cool and inspired way is beyond me. I never tire of hearing that one. Just makes me feel good. Genius... :codger:

This is the Non-Aussie version, aka TNT down under (essentially).

Yep. I was gonna put a slash or * there but I didn't bother. I actually have both of them and that also reminds me there is one more I have to add to this list before its all said and done and it won't be a dirty deed to do so either... :)
  • Like 2

If it wasn't for the every ten posts rule...I'd have had their first six albums for definite!

Well it's every 8 now in case you didn't get the memo. ;) I could change it to six but I don't want to piss off any more people than I already have. I think 8 is working fine now though.

• Like 1

Well it's every 8 now in case you didn't get the memo. ;) I could change it to six but I don't want to piss off any more people than I already have.

Yeah...all day for me it's been a steady stream of PMs expressing outrage. You really got 'em fired up!

;)

Feels Like the First Time I remember from 6th grade graduation. First make-out song, with Suzie Taggart.

My first slow dance at a 7th grade dance was to Colour My World and I will never forget it. It was with one of the lady chaperons as I was afraid to ask any girls to dance. My little hormones were on fire... :D-13:

(521) The Police -- Outlandos d 'Amour

522 Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle (ru_ready)

This album just cooks from the start... no one said we wern't elephant hunting on this 300 so i will just toss out great albums in here this time..... all bases are covered on this album and opened the door to his follow up....

Edited by ru_ready
  • Like 3

518. Exiled In Guyville - Liz Phair (a rocket that ignites itself)

520. High Voltage - AC/DC (Narps)

521. Outlandos d' Amour - The Police (Ted Williams)

522. Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller (ru_ready)

523. Chicago Transit Authority - CTA (Self-Indulgence)

Their debut. An amazing double album from 1969.

Edited by Self-Indulgence
  • Like 4

525. Trevor Rabin - Can't Look Away (New World Man)

Yes guitarist goes solo. Trevor plays everything on here except the drums. It's a great album to say the least with lots of catchy tunes similar to what he was doing with YES in the eighties. All the songs are solid and there's even a few exotic instrumental tunes. A big thumbs up from me. Check it out!

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

:unsure: :sigh: ...

Is this directed towards my post? ;)

Not at all. Just checking to see if I will get another one in before I meet the sandman once again is all... :)
  • Like 1

526. Steve Miller Band - Book of Dreams (goose)

Another that I would have in my personal top 500. I played this thing to death as a kid, singing along to every single song. Great melodies, guitar, and some fun drum tracks. From pop (Swingtown) to hillbilly (True Fine Love), this album has just about everything on it. It has what could be me favorite KISS song they never wrote (Jungle Love) and my favorite Joe Walsh tune that he never did (TheStake). To top it off, it has the #1 instrumental named after a vacuum cleaner (Electrlux Imbroglio).

Wicked cover, too.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FJWAG12NL.jpg

• Like 4