Pope Trivia

Disembodied Spirit

With the Pope being in town. I am learning more about this dude then I ever have.

I just learned you cannot wear shorts into the Vatican.

So to all you people headed to Rome next summer. No shorts allowed in the Pope's condo.

Who knew??

With the Pope being in town. I am learning more about this dude then I ever have.

So to all you people headed to Rome next summer. No shorts allowed in the Pope's condo.

Who knew??

I knew! I've been twice. :)

No sleeveless shirts or short skirts either. Photos without a flash & mobile phone pics are ok, but absolutely no pics inside the Sistine Chapel. Can't remember the other rules.

• Like 1

Who knew??

No sleeveless shirts or short skirts either. Photos without a flash & mobile phone pics are ok, but absolutely no pics inside the Sistine Chapel. Can't remember the other rules.

Are flip flops allowed?

Who knew??

Are flip flops allowed?

95% sure that you CAN! I just seem to remember a lot of flip flop / sandal wearing tourists about.

Just remembered this one: NO sketches of artwork are allowed without permission of The Vatican.

Oh, and no scissors, blades, or alcohol permitted. Weird that i'd remember some of these.

• Like 1

Here's some Pope trivia.

How many Popes have allowed their priests, bishops, cardinals, etc to get away with child molestation?

Classy.

I thought the same thing. Same as you, I mean.

Edited by Blue J

Who knew??

Maybe you're supposed to go bare-assed.

Must be a "me" problem but this whole visit is boring me to tears. Getting in some quality HGTV time though. I used to watch the channel way to much but have gotten away from it for the most part in recent months. Like reuniting with an old friend... :dweez:

Must be a "me" problem but this whole visit is boring me to tears. Getting in some quality HGTV time though. I used to watch the channel way to much but have gotten away from it for the most part in recent months. Like reuniting with an old friend... :dweez:

You should try to get some Italian TV channels then; Sunday Mass always live in HD from Vatican at 11:00 AM Central Europe Time (5:00 AM US Eastern Coast).

Edited by geezer

Why is the POPE here? Political Peace? World Peace? Is he greater than a US president ?

It's always a big deal when the Pope travels outside the Vatican. I'm not Catholic, but evidently about one out of every seven people on Earth is (and that's not an exaggeration). So yes...wherever the Pope goes, it's a historic event.

Who knew??

You just can't wear shorts into St. Peter's Basilica. You can go into the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel in shorts. I found out the hard way. :(

Who knew??

Are flip flops allowed?

95% sure that you CAN! I just seem to remember a lot of flip flop / sandal wearing tourists about.

Just remembered this one: NO sketches of artwork are allowed without permission of The Vatican.

Oh, and no scissors, blades, or alcohol permitted. Weird that i'd remember some of these.

No flame throwers either. They frown on that.
  • Like 1

I've been there once with two Scottish friends of mine before the Rugby 6 Nations match in Rome and kilt is allowed.

Your friends like sneaking up on sheep, eh? ;) Edited by ILSnwdog

I've been there once with two Scottish friends of mine before the Rugby 6 Nations match in Rome and kilt is allowed.

Your friends like sneaking up on sheep, eh? ;)

Never actually asked them, being a matter that don't rise my blood pressure in my golden zones....

You should try to get some Italian TV channels then; Sunday Mass always live in HD from Vatican at 11:00 AM Central Europe Time (5:00 AM US Eastern Coast).

Pass. My threshold for boredom is very low. I am a spiritual person but being bored to death I will pass on. There are many who may find these services, speeches and driving through the streets inspiring or something, I just happen not to be one of them. Nothing against the religion, Catholicism or anything else but its just not my thing... :)
  • Like 1