The Royal QUEEN Discussion and Adoration Thread!

Entre_Perpetuo

When I saw him come back on stage at the end of I forget which song it was with a crown on his head and a flowing red velvet cape with a long train, that was it for me! :wub:

i laughed and laughed and laughed.

You're not supposed to laugh, you're supposed to worship!

I laughed. Really laughed hard too. And long. I thought it was the funniest thing.

• Like 1

When I saw him come back on stage at the end of I forget which song it was with a crown on his head and a flowing red velvet cape with a long train, that was it for me! :wub:

I laughed. Really laughed hard too. And long. I thought it was the funniest thing.

One day you'll find yourself a Freddie Mercury outfit and you'll put it on nightly as you go running around the park at 2 am frightening old men! :codger:

• Like 2

One day you'll find yourself a Freddie Mercury outfit and you'll put it on nightly as you go running around the park at 2 am frightening old men! :codger:

i can only hope. :wub:

• Like 1

i can only hope. :wub:

Aye!

Mercury's stage performance makes me laugh, too, but it really is a joyful, admiring laugh.

He wasn't serious, was he?

This, for some reason, made me think of when Sid Vicious walked in on a Queen recording session. I had to google it:

Queen and The Sex Pistols were recording albums in London's West End when Sid Vicious wandered into the wrong studio to find Mercury alone at the piano." "Ah, Freddie Mercury, still bringing ballet to the masses are you?" hissed Vicious. "Oh yes, Mr. Ferocious, dear," Mercury bit back. 'We are doing our best."

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

Mercury's stage performance makes me laugh, too, but it really is a joyful, admiring laugh.

He wasn't serious, was he?

This, for some reason, made me think of when Sid Vicious walked in on a Queen recording session. I had to google it:

Queen and The Sex Pistols were recording albums in London's West End when Sid Vicious wandered into the wrong studio to find Mercury alone at the piano." "Ah, Freddie Mercury, still bringing ballet to the masses are you?" hissed Vicious. "Oh yes, Mr. Ferocious, dear," Mercury bit back. 'We are doing our best."

• Like 1

Hatch, I'm going to get that one. I jumped around a bit. That's some guitar solo Brian did - the man's a master and puts the rest to shame. He's so unassuming too.

I may not yet like much of their music as as I do that of Rush, but I like the men behind the music a lot.

Plus, I have found their music growing on me a lot.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I cannot even get thru the first 10 seconds of Don't Stop Me Now without feeling the tears welling up

The world will always feel a little bit empty without his physical presence ... The songs, the legacy and inspiration will live forever, but, I suppose in a selfish way, I miss knowing that Freddie is not here

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

I wonder what he'd look like. Surely he'd dye his hair (would he still have it all? It was receding...)? Would he have followed the trends and gone with a goatee or other wacky facial hair expressions? Would he ever have gotten the dental surgery he claimed to avoid in fear it would change his vocal expression?
  • Like 2

I wonder what he'd look like. Surely he'd dye his hair (would he still have it all? It was receding...)? Would he have followed the trends and gone with a goatee or other wacky facial hair expressions? Would he ever have gotten the dental surgery he claimed to avoid in fear it would change his vocal expression?

I always wondered about the dental surgery. Hard to imagine him as being older. He seemed timeless.

• Like 1

What dental surgery did he need and never had?

If my voice was my livelihood, I wouldn't have taken a chance either.

I suppose it's assumed, but I do recall something in a documentary about his protruding teeth causing some grief.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-P6KIKl08Ouo/TmSCsmJBKKI/AAAAAAAAAD8/JHZyoiJ1fsg/s1600/tumblr_lqnasa4B9P1r2riy9o1_500.jpg

Innuendo is the best possible way that could have gone out........what a final statement. as good as any album from the classic 70's run IMO.

Mick

I just listened to that yesterday and agree with you. It was one hell of a note for Queen to go out on.

Did notice though that his voice didn't seem as full. I don't know how to explain what I mean. It's not that his voice wasn't good because it was as good as it had always been, but it didn't have the fullness it once had. I'm sure that was on account of the fact of his weakness.

• Like 1