While Listening To The "Roll The Bones" Album It Is Obvious That Alex Was Influenced By The Byrds.

RUSHHEAD666

This has to be said as it's been driving me nuts for decades.

Is it me or do you guys hear The Byrds influence on "Heresy" and "You Bet Your Life?"

I do!!

BIG TIME!!!

I love Alex's guitar on the entire record.

He's the best!!!

Next to Eddie Van Halen. LOL

Is it me or do you guys hear The Byrds influence on "Heresy" and "You Bet Your Life?"

I do!!

BIG TIME!!!

He's the best!!!

His guitar work on this great album is vastly underestimated, will never equal the guitar solos on Signals but unlike Vapour Smells it has solos none the less.

• Like 1

I do!!

BIG TIME!!!

He's the best!!!

One would have to listen to those songs to hear it.

No thanks.

While Listening To The "Roll The Bones" Album It Is Obvious That Alex Was Influenced By The Byrds.

Is that because everybody says Roll the Bones is "For the Birds"?

• Like 1

I do!!

BIG TIME!!!

He's the best!!!

His guitar work on this great album is vastly underestimated, will never equal the guitar solos on Signals but unlike Vapour Smells it has solos none the less.

HAHAHA! "VAPOR SMELLS!"

I do!!

BIG TIME!!!

He's the best!!!

One would have to listen to those songs to hear it.

No thanks.

Wow! No love for "Roll The Bones!!"

HAHAHA!!! Good one! You crack me up!

I love the record. But I do hate the rap.

I remember driving down to Fresno to see Rush and Primus in 1991. There was a classic rock station down there playing a ton of Rush stuff. Well "Roll The Bones" came on the radio and they actually edited out the rap sections. I was impressed and it sounded good that way!

It's the only time in my life where I heard "Roll The Bones" without the rap parts. Classic.

• Like 1

I remember driving down to Fresno to see Rush and Primus in 1991. There was a classic rock station down there playing a ton of Rush stuff. Well "Roll The Bones" came on the radio and they actually edited out the rap sections. I was impressed and it sounded good that way!

It's the only time in my life where I heard "Roll The Bones" without the rap parts. Classic.

See now THAT is a tour I wished I saw. My first one was the next one (Counterparts) and all we got was friggn' CANDLESUCKS CANDLEBOX.

• Like 1

See now THAT is a tour I wished I saw. My first one was the next one (Counterparts) and all we got was friggn' CANDLESUCKS CANDLEBOX.

HAHAHA!!! I hate that band!! More like HANDLEMYCOCK!

I saw them open many times for Rush. What a waste of time.

Give RTB some meatier production that actually highlights the material rather than converting it to background music and I will probably no longer consider it my least favorite Rush album. I do love the title track though, the whole thing.
  • Like 1

Give RTB some meatier production that actually highlights the material rather than converting it to background music and I will probably no longer consider it my least favorite Rush album. I do love the title track though, the whole thing.

I get it. Lots of treble.

I prefer the RTB production over "Vapor Trails." Even the remix version sucks sonic asshole. JMO

• Like 1

I prefer the RTB production over "Vapor Trails." Even the remix version sucks sonic asshole. JMO

I couldn't disagree with you more. VT is an intense record. Too damn brittle and sizzling with sonic imperfections but the passion is there. RTB is such a flaccid album, both in sound and style. Alex's guitar tone is better though, there are 3 songs here which I really feel are amongst Rush's very worst.

• Like 1

I couldn't disagree with you more. VT is an intense record. Too damn brittle and sizzling with sonic imperfections but the passion is there. RTB is such a flaccid album, both in sound and style. Alex's guitar tone is better though, there are 3 songs here which I really feel are amongst Rush's very worst.

It's ok to agree to disagree! I will take "Roll The Bones" any day over "Toilet Paper Fails." "RTB is flaccid.

Reminds me of my sex life.

It was great.

I agree...3 great songs on RtB

Dreamline

WMT

Ghost

3 absolutely dreadful ones though...and I actually like Neurotica.

Nice buddy! "Ghost Of A Chance" was my wedding song. I thought it would last. It's over. Fukking sad man. Oh well. I had "The Sphere" played at my wedding too as Wendy was standing at the altar with me.

All is lost partner. "The Sphere" had many people in the audience in tears. It's worked and it was last minute cassette magic by me. I fast forwarded the tape in my Mustang to the perfect point then told the DJ to play it.

It's ok. "Ghost Of A Chance" and "The Sphere" are still two of my all time favorite songs. Rush music is unconditional love. Although I do get teary eyes sometimes when I hear them.

Guess I am a fukking mess.

awww man. it happens. things end.

did I ever tell you my Subdivisons story?

Sitting on the lawn at Concord man, my HS graduation was there. Was up on that stage on the risers, right next to my buddy Mark Hurtado, anyways FFWD 13 years, sitting there at R40 watching them play Subdivisons , right there where I sat those distant years ago. Tears did flow right there. The end of my childhood right there, on stage at Concord,

In between the bright lights

And the far unlit unknown

• Like 1

awww man. it happens. things end.

did I ever tell you my Subdivisons story?

Sitting on the lawn at Concord man, my HS graduation was there. Was up on that stage on the risers, right next to my buddy Mark Hurtado, anyways FFWD 13 years, sitting there at R40 watching them play Subdivisons , right there where I sat those distant years ago. Tears did flow right there. The end of my childhood right there, on stage at Concord,

In between the bright lights

And the far unlit unknown

That is an incredible story buddy. Thanks for sharing! I saw Zoe graduate from Northgate High at the Concord Pavilion. Incredible. Now she is up at Portland State playing women's soccer. She is a beast stud. She was the only freshman today who passed her first on field soccer test.

I'm so proud. I could cry right now.

At least Wendy and did two things right. We have two amazing daughters. Intellectual soccer stars.

I need a beer!

• Like 1

Dreamline & Ghost are killer.

WMT & RTB are okay I guess, if I never hear them again I wouldn't care.

The rest sucks donkey balls and if I did hear them again I would go all Dahmer on someone. Like, literally kill and eat them because of the hate and rage caused by hearing those songs.