My house is haunted!

Freddy Lee

Good morning house! Oh, and you guys too! Woke up, out of the living room, and no sign of her today. Lucky. Or maybe not. Maybe I play too much Five Nights at Freddy's and I just have paranoia. Na, can't be.

Oh, well. Hey, this spirit needs a name. What should it be?

Ask her.

• Like 2

This is just bullshit... there is no such thing as ghosts...

I don't actually believe in ghosts either. But that doesn't mean they're not real. And even IF they aren't real, the experience is so commonplace that it at least deserves discussion.

True enough. I have a friend that never believed in any of that until living in his current house.

• Like 2

Good morning house! Oh, and you guys too! Woke up, out of the living room, and no sign of her today. Lucky. Or maybe not. Maybe I play too much Five Nights at Freddy's and I just have paranoia. Na, can't be.

Ask her.

That would be a great idea, if I wasn't so phasmaphobic...

My dad's experience was always just sounds. Nothing ever physically moved. My grandmother did a lot of canning and stored the jars on shelves in the basement. He said they would hear loud crashing and glass breaking sounds like someone was in the basement pulling the shelves over. Nothing was ever out of place. They would hear scratching noises coming from the basement door. They heard sounds he described as someone taking a big ball of mud and throwing it against the wall, mostly coming from behind the radio (he was born in 1926). He also said there was a large permanent stain on the wood floor that they covered with a rug. He didn't like talking about it much. He would always quickly change the subject. He only talked to me about it twice in our lifetimes and both times he got a little emotional...and my dad hardly ever got emotional. Although I've never experienced anything "paranormal", I believe because of those talks with my dad.
  • Like 2

Freddy, are you in the USA or Canada?

What's the significance of whether it's the U.S. or Canada?

I can't help him if he is in Canada.

I ain't Canadian, eh? :P

I will tell you what, Freddy. After you have tried everything else and you have exhausted all means of remedying the situation, contact me. I

You know how to get rid of a gho-

You're a ghostbuster?!

I will tell you what, Freddy. After you have tried everything else and you have exhausted all means of remedying the situation, contact me.

Can't imagine the things involved, but pleasing and sending flowers to this lady seems so much safer than upsetting her....

Be real gentlemen, folks!

I will tell you what, Freddy. After you have tried everything else and you have exhausted all means of remedying the situation, contact me. I

You're a ghostbuster?!

No, but I can put you in touch with those who can.

You're a ghostbuster?!

No, but I can put you in touch with those who can.

Well, I'll wait on it. Til I see a REASON to. I mean it hasn't told me I will die yet.

Ask her.

Trying to communicate with them isn't a bad thing but the problem is you might not hear a response. You see, ghosts live on a different plain of existence and when they talk, it's often at a frequency human ears can't hear. Some have figured out how to have the living hear them but many do not.

There is a way to try and hear them called Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP). Basically, if you have a digital recorder of some kind, it's possible to pick up a spirit's voice on the recording. If you try this, ask it some questions while recording, allow some time in between for an answer, then ask another one. Play back to the recording and try to listen for a response. Now, is possible some other kind of interference can be misinterpreted as a voice from the dead, but it's still an interesting practice.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Ask her.

Trying to communicate with them isn't a bad thing but the problem is you might not hear a response. You see, ghosts live on a different plain of existence and when they talk, it's often at a frequency human ears can't hear. Some have figured out how to have the living hear them but many do not.

There is a way to try and hear them called Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP). Basically, if you have a digital recorder of some kind, it's possible to pick up a spirit's voice on the recording. If you try this, ask it some questions while recording, allow some time in between for an answer, then ask another one. Play back to the recording and try to listen for a response. Now, is possible some other kind of interference can be misinterpreted as a voice from the dead, but it's still an interesting practice.

Sounds expensive. But otherwise, pretty cool. My cousin had a thing called a Oujia board and he used it in his house. And now I guess he summoned a spirit energy. So, that's how he communicates with the spirit. And from what I'm told, the spirit likes to "mess with him."

• Like 1

Ask her.

Sounds expensive. But otherwise, pretty cool. My cousin had a thing called a Oujia board and he used it in his house. And now I guess he summoned a spirit energy. So, that's how he communicates with the spirit. And from what I'm told, the spirit likes to "mess with him."

Ouija boards are never a good idea. Tried that with my friends sister back in high school. We heard that a boy and girl using it together would be more effective so we gave it a shot. The second that needle started moving on it's own I was out. She wasn't moving it and neither was I. That's all needed to know not to mess with that. If the ghost is already present then there's really nothing you can do. But if you're doing something to try and invite it in, then you may be asking for trouble because it may not be a friendly one who answers.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I love it..

Everyone tends to say this until its real to them Then...not so much

Ask her.

Ouija boards are never a good idea. Tried that with my friends sister back in the high school. We heard that a boy and girl using it together would be more effective so we gave it a shot. The second that needle started moving on it's own I was out. She wasn't moving it and neither was I. That's all needed to know not to mess with that. If the ghost is already present then there's really nothing you can do. But if you're doing something to try and invite it in, then you may be asking for trouble because it may not be a friendly one who answers.

Good advice.

Freddy, don't use it. If you are genuinely dealing with what you think you are, it's the worst possible thing you could do.

Freddy, are you in the USA or Canada?

What's the significance of whether it's the U.S. or Canada?

I can't help him if he is in Canada.

Ah, I see.

Ghostbusters' union rules. It's a jurisdiction issue.

• Like 1

Ask her.

Freddy, there's a somewhat interesting yet slow-paced flick called "White Noise" starring Michael Keaton that is centered on EVP. The extras on the DVD goes into greater detail with actual experiences from people who use this recording technique. Don't watch it for the movie itself, watch it if you're interested in EVP...or rather, check out the extras. Probably find it on YouTube.

• Like 1

Ask her.

Freddy, there's a somewhat interesting yet slow-paced flick called "White Noise" starring Michael Keaton that is centered on EVP. The extras on the DVD goes into greater detail with actual experiences from people who use this recording technique. Don't watch it for the movie itself, watch it if you're interested in EVP...or rather, check out the extras. Probably find it on YouTube.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Ask her.

Ouija boards are never a good idea. Tried that with my friends sister back in the high school. We heard that a boy and girl using it together would be more effective so we gave it a shot. The second that needle started moving on it's own I was out. She wasn't moving it and neither was I. That's all needed to know not to mess with that. If the ghost is already present then there's really nothing you can do. But if you're doing something to try and invite it in, then you may be asking for trouble because it may not be a friendly one who answers.

Good advice.

Freddy, don't use it. If you are genuinely dealing with what you think you are, it's the worst possible thing you could do.

I wasn't planning to. I've seen sh*t on Ouija boards too real. My other fear.

Ask her.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

No problem.

Ask her.

Ouija boards are never a good idea. Tried that with my friends sister back in high school. We heard that a boy and girl using it together would be more effective so we gave it a shot. The second that needle started moving on it's own I was out. She wasn't moving it and neither was I. That's all needed to know not to mess with that. If the ghost is already present then there's really nothing you can do. But if you're doing something to try and invite it in, then you may be asking for trouble because it may not be a friendly one who answers.

Amen to that statement. First sentence says it all. Don't dial bitches up and not want to talk...they don't like that. The front of my property is bordered by an old cemetery of slaves and members of slave families. Quite peaceful here...they are "at" rest.

Make no mistake though...we dance on the strings of powers we cannot perceive. If we take away all the media and electronic noise from our lives for a bit, you can hear the real world.

• Like 1