My house is haunted!

Freddy Lee

Good morning house! Oh, and you guys too! Woke up, out of the living room, and no sign of her today. Lucky. Or maybe not. Maybe I play too much Five Nights at Freddy's and I just have paranoia. Na, can't be.

Oh, well. Hey, this spirit needs a name. What should it be?

Ask her.

That would be a great idea, if I wasn't so phasmaphobic...

Trying to communicate with them isn't a bad thing but the problem is you might not hear a response. You see, ghosts live on a different plain of existence and when they talk, it's often at a frequency human ears can't hear. Some have figured out how to have the living hear them but many do not.

There is a way to try and hear them called Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP). Basically, if you have a digital recorder of some kind, it's possible to pick up a spirit's voice on the recording. If you try this, ask it some questions while recording, allow some time in between for an answer, then ask another one. Play back to the recording and try to listen for a response. Now, is possible some other kind of interference can be misinterpreted as a voice from the dead, but it's still an interesting practice.

Sounds expensive. But otherwise, pretty cool. My cousin had a thing called a Oujia board and he used it in his house. And now I guess he summoned a spirit energy. So, that's how he communicates with the spirit. And from what I'm told, the spirit likes to "mess with him."

Ouija boards are never a good idea. Tried that with my friends sister back in high school. We heard that a boy and girl using it together would be more effective so we gave it a shot. The second that needle started moving on it's own I was out. She wasn't moving it and neither was I. That's all needed to know not to mess with that. If the ghost is already present then there's really nothing you can do. But if you're doing something to try and invite it in, then you may be asking for trouble because it may not be a friendly one who answers.

Amen to that statement. First sentence says it all. Don't dial bitches up and not want to talk...they don't like that. The front of my property is bordered by an old cemetery of slaves and members of slave families. Quite peaceful here...they are "at" rest.

Make no mistake though...we dance on the strings of powers we cannot perceive. If we take away all the media and electronic noise from our lives for a bit, you can hear the real world.

TM, ever hear or see anything in your parts? If so, what happened and how much did you shit your pants? Really though, anything? This topic of ghosts/spirits has always interested me.

• Like 1

Good morning house! Oh, and you guys too! Woke up, out of the living room, and no sign of her today. Lucky. Or maybe not. Maybe I play too much Five Nights at Freddy's and I just have paranoia. Na, can't be.

Ask her.

Trying to communicate with them isn't a bad thing but the problem is you might not hear a response. You see, ghosts live on a different plain of existence and when they talk, it's often at a frequency human ears can't hear. Some have figured out how to have the living hear them but many do not.

There is a way to try and hear them called Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP). Basically, if you have a digital recorder of some kind, it's possible to pick up a spirit's voice on the recording. If you try this, ask it some questions while recording, allow some time in between for an answer, then ask another one. Play back to the recording and try to listen for a response. Now, is possible some other kind of interference can be misinterpreted as a voice from the dead, but it's still an interesting practice.

Sounds expensive. But otherwise, pretty cool. My cousin had a thing called a Oujia board and he used it in his house. And now I guess he summoned a spirit energy. So, that's how he communicates with the spirit. And from what I'm told, the spirit likes to "mess with him."

Ouija boards are never a good idea. Tried that with my friends sister back in high school. We heard that a boy and girl using it together would be more effective so we gave it a shot. The second that needle started moving on it's own I was out. She wasn't moving it and neither was I. That's all needed to know not to mess with that. If the ghost is already present then there's really nothing you can do. But if you're doing something to try and invite it in, then you may be asking for trouble because it may not be a friendly one who answers.

Amen to that statement. First sentence says it all. Don't dial bitches up and not want to talk...they don't like that. The front of my property is bordered by an old cemetery of slaves and members of slave families. Quite peaceful here...they are "at" rest.

Make no mistake though...we dance on the strings of powers we cannot perceive. If we take away all the media and electronic noise from our lives for a bit, you can hear the real world.

TM, ever hear or see anything in your parts? If so, what happened and how much did you shit your pants? Really though, anything? This topic of ghosts/spirits has always interested me.

Yeah, the topic has always been a life long interest on mine too. Like I said earlier, my childhood home was haunted which pretty much sparked my interest in it. In fact, I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't into the paranormal. I'm not expert and i'm not certified in anything that has to do with it. All the knowledge I have comes from some personal experiences, reading about it and watching TV shows/documentaries on the subject. What happens when we die? Where do we go? Are the spirits even aware that they're no longer among the living? It really is the great unknown and a fascinating thing to learn about.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Ask her.

Yeah, the topic has always been a life long interest on mine too. Like I said earlier, my childhood home was haunted which pretty much sparked my interest in it. In fact, I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't into the paranormal. I'm not expert and i'm not certified in anything that has to do with it. All the knowledge I have comes from some personal experiences, reading about it and watching TV shows/documentaries on the subject. What happens when we die? Where do we go? Are the spirits even aware that they're no longer among the living? It really is the great unknown and a fascinating thing to learn about.

I'll ask Pope Francis and see what he has to say on the subject.

Ask her.

I've had nothing weird in my current home. However, I have had really bizarre encounters. I'll share the one that proves this stuff is real.

When I was in my early 20's and just got out of the Army, I played in a country band. The drummer in the band was also my roommate. We decided to leave our trailer for bigger digs, and rented the top floor apartment of a hotel that was converted to a complex. Really nice for us at the time. Well, when moving day arrived I was solo in the morning, just moving boxes from the old crib to the new. When i first opened the door I looked straight down our long hallway and saw a boy running from the bathroom to my roommates bedroom, however it was obviously not real and I thought I was hallucinating, I heard giggles...and non distinct chatter.

I was shocked a bit, but I decided not to say anything to anybody...until my roommate was moving his stuff in and saw the same thing and mentioned it to me. So, that actually happened.

Then we decided to dial thei specters phone numbers via Ouija. Our guitarist brought over his board. We were hanging out with our Gf's and put that thing on the table and put our hands on it....never again...never again will I do that.

The supernatural activity in that place was experienced by many...it was not always fun.

I remember cooking on our stove one night with my GF and she was remarking how the buttons were acting on their own...going on and off...on their own. One night I was marinating steaks and I put them on the kitchen counter. My roommate and I were watching TV for a bit waiting to plop them on the grill. Anyway, the steaks went flying across the kitchen. As our backs were turned to go towards the living room.

We still lived there for about a year...and yes I have more stories about it.

• Like 2

Ask her.

I've had nothing weird in my current home. However, I have had really bizarre encounters. I'll share the one that proves this stuff is real.

When I was in my early 20's and just got out of the Army, I played in a country band. The drummer in the band was also my roommate. We decided to leave our trailer for bigger digs, and rented the top floor apartment of a hotel that was converted to a complex. Really nice for us at the time. Well, when moving day arrived I was solo in the morning, just moving boxes from the old crib to the new. When i first opened the door I looked straight down our long hallway and saw a boy running from the bathroom to my roommates bedroom, however it was obviously not real and I thought I was hallucinating, I heard giggles...and non distinct chatter.

I was shocked a bit, but I decided not to say anything to anybody...until my roommate was moving his stuff in and saw the same thing and mentioned it to me. So, that actually happened.

Then we decided to dial thei specters phone numbers via Ouija. Our guitarist brought over his board. We were hanging out with our Gf's and put that thing on the table and put our hands on it....never again...never again will I do that.

The supernatural activity in that place was experienced by many...it was not always fun.

I remember cooking on our stove one night with my GF and she was remarking how the buttons were acting on their own...going on and off...on their own. One night I was marinating steaks and I put them on the kitchen counter. My roommate and I were watching TV for a bit waiting to plop them on the grill. Anyway, the steaks went flying across the kitchen. As our backs were turned to go towards the living room.

Thanks for sharing! That's some crazy stuff. But what happened with the Ouija to get you so spooked?

• Like 1

Ask her.

Thanks for sharing! That's some crazy stuff. But what happened with the Ouija to get you so spooked?

Just the fact it was moving around on it's own after a while. No big deal right

See TM, I would've been shouting, "You poltergeist bastards have terrified me enough already with that spectral boy running about and the Ouija piece moving around independently! But leave my marinated steaks alone!" ;)

[i'm the irreverent/defiant guy in ghost movie pics that gets murdered halfway through the flick].

Seriously though, those are some disturbing incidents to put it mildly.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

See TM, I would've been shouting, "You poltergeist bastards have terrified me enough already with that spectral boy running about and the Ouija piece moving around independently! But leave my marinated steaks alone!" ;)

[i'm the irreverent/defiant guy in ghost movie pics that gets murdered halfway through the flick].

No doubt. When the moments of sleep paralysis hit...that's when your mind starts doing all kinds of stuff. People that stayed with us commented on their experiences all the time..they never stayed really long. Kinda cool. After three days, you know what they say about guests?

No doubt. When the moments of sleep paralysis hit...that's when your mind starts doing all kinds of stuff. People that stayed with us commented on their experiences all the time..they never stayed really long. Kinda cool. After three days, you know what they say about guests?

I've had sleep paralysis happen to me twice and THOSE were disturbing. But your experiences go beyond that.

What do they say about guests after 3 days?

I've had sleep paralysis happen to me twice and THOSE were disturbing. But your experiences go beyond that.

Jewish proverb. After three days, your guests tend to smell like a fish. Meaning they have stayed long enough

connecting with energies via the Ouiji board can be a very helpful tool if you know what you're doing. but the board is not needed. It can open a portal that in some cases cannot be closed - and dark or negative energies can then come through this portal - not good. I have a portal in my condo that was open at one time until i had an experience that scared me, it has since been closed. I live less than a 1/2 mile from a cemetery so i often see and feel a presence in my house.

I'll share a couple of my experiences in how I've connected with energies.

I worked at a Massage Therapy studio that had a male child energy hanging around. many of my co workers felt it and had experiences with him. For me, it was a "knowing" that the energy is there, that he is a child and male. I asked him if he'd provide a name for us so we can better communicate with him. the answer i got was "charlie". it came to me in my mind, he did not speak "outloud" to me, but it was the first name that came to mind after i asked him. i asked for confirmation and got it.

I sometimes clean houses for extra money. It's either houses about to be listed for sale, or rentals. This one particular home i cleaned in April i knew right away upon walking in that the homeowner was elderly, female, had died in the home. She spent decades in that home, raising her family and loved it dearly. this home was being renovated for selling purposes and other workers in the home had felt her presence. I knew nothing about the home upon accepting the job, but later received confirmation from the listing agent that it was an elderly lady who had lived there for decades, raised her family there and also had died there. I kept getting Bertha and Olivia as a name. i assured her that the home was being cleansed so another family can live in it and love it again just as she did. she was good with that and i could feel the energy leaving as i completed the job.

There's an energy here at the office i work at sometimes. it's not here often. i feel it's more connected to my boss. he is confronted by energies often. He is not open to them and so he tries to avoid/run away from it - but they keep coming around him. He's shared a few of his experiences with me. He moves residences often because of these energies that visit him...

• Like 3

connecting with energies via the Ouiji board can be a very helpful tool if you know what you're doing. but the board is not needed. It can open a portal that in some cases cannot be closed - and dark or negative energies can then come through this portal - not good. I have a portal in my condo that was open at one time until i had an experience that scared me, it has since been closed. I live less than a 1/2 mile from a cemetery so i often see and feel a presence in my house.

I worked at a Massage Therapy studio that had a male child energy hanging around. many of my co workers felt it and had experiences with him. For me, it was a "knowing" that the energy is there, that he is a child and male. I asked him if he'd provide a name for us so we can better communicate with him. the answer i got was "charlie". it came to me in my mind, he did not speak "outloud" to me, but it was the first name that came to mind after i asked him. i asked for confirmation and got it.

I sometimes clean houses for extra money. It's either houses about to be listed for sale, or rentals. This one particular home i cleaned in April i knew right away upon walking in that the homeowner was elderly, female, had died in the home. She spent decades in that home, raising her family and loved it dearly. this home was being renovated for selling purposes and other workers in the home had felt her presence. I knew nothing about the home upon accepting the job, but later received confirmation from the listing agent that it was an elderly lady who had lived there for decades, raised her family there and also had died there. I kept getting Bertha and Olivia as a name. i assured her that the home was being cleansed so another family can live in it and love it again just as she did. she was good with that and i could feel the energy leaving as i completed the job.

There's an energy here at the office i work at sometimes. it's not here often. i feel it's more connected to my boss. he is confronted by energies often. He is not open to them and so he tries to avoid/run away from it - but they keep coming around him. He's shared a few of his experiences with me. He moves residences often because of these energies that visit him...

My mind started to 'wander' after reading "I worked at a Massage Therapy studio". ;)

No but really, I wonder what's going on in your boss' case. Couldn't imagine how stressful that must be.

• Like 3

Jewish proverb. After three days, your guests tend to smell like a fish. Meaning they have stayed long enough

Ahhh...gotcha

My mind started to 'wander' after reading "I worked at a Massage Therapy studio". ;)

No but really

Dude I've missed that kinda stuff^^^^^

No but really

Dude I've missed that kinda stuff^^^^^

:blaze:

In reading through the posts here, I see that there are different ideas of what Freddy is up against - different ideas that come from what each of us believe or do not believe.

Like I said, Freddy, I am not going to push my solution to your problem on you. When you have exhausted all of the other means, contact me. That's usually the case when it comes to a solution such as my own because 95% of the folks scoff at it.

No but really, I wonder what's going on in your boss' case. Couldn't imagine how stressful that must be.

Sometimes a person is just more sensitive to spirits and they can make contact with them easier than most other people. Kinda like a special power that a superhero might have. It's possible something happened to this person very early in their life that caused ghosts to attach themselves to him. That's gotta be tough for anyone to deal with especially if it's something you don't want. It's has to be a little scary and stressful to not always know when, where, or what kind of spirit might try to contact you.

Hopefully, most of them are good spirits who are just trying to make contact with somebody because they don't understand what happened to them and where they are. I certainly wouldn't want any sinister ones with evil intentions trying to get a hold of me, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Well, I better tell you what happened last night.

I think I heard her again. Possibly speaking to someone. Or me. I have no clue. Fortunately, no breaking stuff or things moving. But I will say it was totally spooky. Also, didn't see anything.

Whaddaya think? And, uh, I decided to name the spirit Leslie. Just because. :P

• Like 2

Well, I better tell you what happened last night.

I think I heard her again. Possibly speaking to someone. Or me. I have no clue. Fortunately, no breaking stuff or things moving. But I will say it was totally spooky. Also, didn't see anything.

Whaddaya think? And, uh, I decided to name the spirit Leslie. Just because. :P

You should try and look into the history of the house/neighborhood. It's possible there may have been a death on the property and the voice could be from that person. Maybe you can even find out the name of the spirit? But before you do all that, have you made sure this voice you're hearing couldn't be caused by something else? Maybe there was a neighbor talking and the voice carried through an open window or vent into your house? The wind can get very heavy in my area sometimes and it can make what sounds like moaning which can be misinterpreted by some as a ghostly voice. Make sure you have a good look around and do some investigating if you haven't already. There can be an explination for what you're hearing that you haven't noticed yet.

Sometimes kindly asking a ghost to stop making noises can work. Most of the time they're just looking for someone to acknowledge that they can hear them and making noises is their way of getting attention. But I wouldn't try that yet until you know for sure if you have a ghost or not and what kind of one you might be dealing with.

• Like 1

Freddy, you might also want to check for a carbon monoxide leak in your house. Being serious, and not to diminish anyone's experiences.

Freddy, you might also want to check for a carbon monoxide leak in your house. Being serious, and not to diminish anyone's experiences.

Believe me, I do not have a monoxide leak. I have smoke and gas detectors in every room ( except the basement ) of my house.

I should tell you before I go to bed. I called my friend who also has a spirit in his house. He has an EPV. And he's coming down from Connecticut and staying at our house tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Oh, uhm, <menacing voice> Night 3 12:47AM

• Like 1

Freddy, thanks for the story ... because of things I have experienced in the course of my life, I am certain that the existence we are all familiar with is just the tip of the iceberg ..
  • Like 1

Alright, so I did EVP thing and it...believe it or not...worked. So, the little girl's name is Julie. She is not going to harm us ( thank Christ ). She lived here a long time ago and sounds to me she died here somehow. That's all I got. Oh yeah, I am going on vacation to Virginia tomorrow. So, I won't be able to update you for about a week. So, yeah.

Alright! I'll talk to you soon!

• Like 3

Alright, so I did EVP thing and it...believe it or not...worked. So, the little girl's name is Julie. She is not going to harm us ( thank Christ ). She lived here a long time ago and sounds to me she died here somehow. That's all I got. Oh yeah, I am going on vacation to Virginia tomorrow. So, I won't be able to update you for about a week. So, yeah.

Alright! I'll talk to you soon!

Very cool. Did you have an actual conversation or was it just some yes and no questions asked?

Make sure you let Julie know that you'll be on vacation and won't be home. You don't want to upset the ghost by finally making contact with and then disappearing.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1