27 members have voted

1. 1. How high do you rate 2112 ?

• My favorite Rush album
    • Top 3
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Not in my top 10
    • My least favorite Rush album

I thought it would be interesting to see how much people love this album in comparison to other Rush albums.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this album at all. I love the title track but that's about it. imo A Passage To Bangkok and Something For Nothing are good but not great and I don't care about the other songs... which is why it is outside of my top 10, in 11th or 12th position.

Feel free to insult me if that makes you feel better :LOL:

Edited by Tuesday's Gone
  • Like 1

I have a firm top seven Rush albums, and anything lower than that does vary somewhat. But 2112 I rank at number six.

I love everything on it, second side included.

1. Hemispheres/Hold Your Fire (tie)

3. Moving Pictures

4. Permanent Waves

5. A Farewell to Kings

6. 2112

7. Clockwork Angels

I have a firm top seven Rush albums, and anything lower than that does vary somewhat. But 2112 I rank at number six.

I love everything on it, second side included.

1. Hemispheres/Hold Your Fire (tie)

3. Moving Pictures

4. Permanent Waves

5. A Farewell to Kings

6. 2112

7. Clockwork Angels

Although the order is slightly different, my top seven are the same as yours if you replace HYF with Vapor Trails :D

• Like 2

2112 by itself is so damn good that the album makes my top 5. Songs like Passage to Bangkok and Something for Nothing are icing on the cake.

1. Permanent Waves

2. Signals

3. Moving Pictures

4. Hemispheres

5. 2112

I thought it would be interesting to see how much people love this album in comparison to other Rush albums.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this album at all. I love the title track but that's about it. imo A Passage To Bangkok and Something For Nothing are good but not great and I don't care about the other songs... which is why it is outside of my top 10, in 11th or 12th position.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Phew. So glad I got that off my chest!! ;)

• Like 2

Top 3 for me definitely. Order doesn't matter, but here they are:

PeW

Hemispheres

I have it second right behind AFTK and just in front of Permanent Waves. I love all of it. Every song. Every second... :)

I'm not a big fan of the album myself. It sounds really dated to me. I do like parts of 2112 though, but not as much as Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres.

• Like 1