clockwork angels would have been perfect if not for this song--

nicky6

--- wish them well, total filler... totally whipped up and doesnt belong and doesn't fit with the rest or flow of the album

I would agree. It's the worst song on the album next to Carnies.

• Like 1

I like the message and it could be much better with some minor adjustments. Unfortunately they used Nick R and not me so you're stuck with it the way it is
  • Like 1

--- wish them well, total filler... totally whipped up and doesnt belong and doesn't fit with the rest or flow of the album

I would agree. It's the worst song on the album next to Carnies .....well actually the whole album is epic, so nevermind. This is a totally dumb thread

fixed
  • Like 3

I like it, a more lighthearted song. To me it fits in with the concept and what the narrator has learned in the end. I think a lot of people don't like because, given how much awesome material there is on Clockwork Angels, good but not amazing tracks sound worse. If Wish Them Well had been on, say, Snakes and Arrows, I think more people would like it.
  • Like 1

No! That's just...wrong.

You'll never convince her

It's Ok but I wouldn't call the album near perfect. To me 7COG is the worst song.

If that is the worst song on the album, then CA is the best album ever recorded in the history of mankind Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 4

Wish Them Well is actually one of my favorite tracks from CA.
  • Like 1

No! That's just...wrong.

You'll never convince her

We all have our opinions. None are right and none are wrong they just are what they are.

• Like 1

No comment... :)

if you choose not to comment you still have...made a comment!

Actually if we are being accurate you could say...

If you choose not to decide you can't have made a comment.

If you want to get technical..Its not a symbolically valid statement though.

I love the song, but I dislike the drumming on it. During the bridge, Neil stays on the high-hat, when it would sound so much better to go to a ride. I am still confused and bummed that he didn't do that. Ruins most of the songs. Something very rare for Neil - drumming on a song that isn't that good....

It's a great song in my opinion. Really reminds me of early Rush, almost like a FBN or 2112 leftover if you ask me!

And the backing vocals are awesome. The high notes are hit with ease, and alongside Seven Cities Of Gold and Headlong Flight, it belongs on the short list of GREAT Rush songs post-1989 (not counting Vapor Trails).

• Like 2

It's a great song in my opinion. Really reminds me of early Rush, almost like a FBN or 2112 leftover if you ask me!

And the backing vocals are awesome. The high notes are hit with ease, and alongside Seven Cities Of Gold and Headlong Flight, it belongs on the short list of GREAT Rush songs post-1989 (not counting Vapor Trails).

The Garden must be on that list

Hey Segue...love you buddy

• Like 1

The Garden must be on that list

Hey Segue...love you buddy

I like that song...it's good...but not a definite favourite for me.