The 2015 US Open Thread

Bob Rossberg  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better score?

• Cole Hammer
    • Tiger Woods

I just looked at the leaderboard and I don't know any of those guys. They could be the contestants in a fart bubble championship for all I would know.

Well, Spieth won the Masters...

• Like 2

I want Roger Maltbie damn it!!!... :rage:

Are you desperate enough for Rolf yet? (Just teasing you, my friend)

:rfl: Never. I have been "lucky" enough to hear plenty of him in the pre game. Geez can't he just go back to Hawaii never to return?... :| Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Jordan better enjoy these while he can because carnage waits around every corner. He is banking some birds which is good for him but if he shoots under par total for the round I will shave my head... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Good. No more Phil for the rest of the night. Back to the real golf....

Yeah, it sucks when they devote a bunch of airtime to players well back on the leaderboard...

• Like 3

Yeah, it sucks when they devote a bunch of airtime to players well back on the leaderboard...

Agreed but folks love to watch Phil. Its always Phil all the time... :|

Agreed but folks love to watch Phil. Its always Phil all the time... :|

Well, as long as they only do it for ONE guy...

• Like 3

I just looked at the leaderboard and I don't know any of those guys. They could be the contestants in a fart bubble championship for all I would know.

Well, Spieth won the Masters...

I didn't follow it.

The telecast really doesn't flow well at all. Seems like I am watching a recent Rush DVD or something... :eh:
  • Like 1

The telecast really doesn't flow well at all. Seems like I am watching a recent Rush DVD or something... :eh:

That's because those bastards at the USGA don't limit commercials like they do at Augusta. Those people know how to run a tournament.

• Like 1

Something about this makes it not feel like a major. Or maybe several things. The brown course, the announce team...something.

Joe Buck...

Could be...

The camera work is weird, too. Timing and angles.

ETA: Yes, Narp, exactly like the concert videos.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

From USA Today: "US Open coverage is lots in the weeds"

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/fox-us-open-coverage-2015-nbc-joe-buck-greg-norman-nbc-review

7. Show more shots. Over one stretch of 19 minutes on Thursday, Fox showed 11 shots, with eight being a putt and then a tap-in afterward.

8. Getting the players right is a big to quite-big deal.

11. There were far too many cuts to the booth with Curt Menefee instead of showing golf, as if people tune into tournaments to hear talking heads. We shouldn’t even see a booth and only get occasional glances at Joe Buck and Greg Norman, at least on the wall-to-wall golf days of Thursday and Friday.

14. Too many big shots weren’t aired. For instance, early in the telecast, Rory McIlroy hit his tee shot into the bunker and the ball looked dead. Then, a few minutes later, viewers were shown McIlroy putting for birdie from about 15-feet, with no video to show how he got there.

• Like 2

From USA Today: "US Open coverage is lots in the weeds"

http://ftw.usatoday....rman-nbc-review

7. Show more shots. Over one stretch of 19 minutes on Thursday, Fox showed 11 shots, with eight being a putt and then a tap-in afterward.

8. Getting the players right is a big to quite-big deal.

11. There were far too many cuts to the booth with Curt Menefee instead of showing golf, as if people tune into tournaments to hear talking heads. We shouldn’t even see a booth and only get occasional glances at Joe Buck and Greg Norman, at least on the wall-to-wall golf days of Thursday and Friday.

14. Too many big shots weren’t aired. For instance, early in the telecast, Rory McIlroy hit his tee shot into the bunker and the ball looked dead. Then, a few minutes later, viewers were shown McIlroy putting for birdie from about 15-feet, with no video to show how he got there.

# 1 regarding the shot tracer I was just thinking about the exact same thing earlier. Good grief. Frank Chirkinian where oh where are you when we need you? It must not be that easy to do it well apparently... RIP
  • Like 1

These guys are only doing the U.S Open is that correct?... :codger:

I would assume so; this is the only tournament that is run by the USGA (unless you're counting the US Senior and Amateur and Women's Open).