The 2015 US Open Thread

Bob Rossberg  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better score?

• Cole Hammer
    • Tiger Woods

For the record I am enjoying the venue and the unique beauty of the place. It will indentify the best player and that is what we are after and I find it entertaining. Chamber of Commerce weather to boot. I also love the prime time aspect of the telecasts. Polar opposite of the "other" Open Championship were you have to set the alarm and hit the snooze once or twice... :)
  • Like 1

For the record I am enjoying the venue and the unique beauty of the place. It will indentify the best player and that is what we are after and I find it entertaining. Chamber of Commerce weather to boot. I also love the prime time aspect of the telecasts. Polar opposite of the "other" Open Championship were you have to set the alarm and hit the snooze once or twice... :)

I'm with you on your comments, my friend. :cheers: :hi: Also, the daily change in par on the 1st and 18th hole add an extra dimension.. (one day par 4 and next day par 5). Lots of people don't like this year's open and course, but I love it.

Bring on da golf. :popcorn: :madra:

• Like 1

We are on the air!! Guys how about some early golf instead of all the chatter? Good grief... :sigh:
  • Like 1

I'm with you on your comments, my friend. :cheers: :hi: Also, the daily change in par on the 1st and 18th hole add an extra dimension.. (one day par 4 and next day par 5). Lots of people don't like this year's open and course, but I love it.

I don't mind the course layout at all - The only thing that bothers me is the Landmine Poa Annua Greens - These little wheatlike heads can grow within hours of being cut - No pro should have to putt on this bull crap - A putt should roll true and not be destined by chance or luck -

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/PoaPlant_zpsumm8uala.jpg

I don't mind the course layout at all - The only thing that bothers me is the Landmine Poa Annua Greens - These little wheatlike heads can grow within hours of being cut - No pro should have to putt on this bull crap - A putt should roll true and not be destined by chance or luck -

Stenson said it was like putting in broccoli...

Did the area around the hole look like this? Then they were at Chambers Bay

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/miniature-golf-course_zps906ndl7s.jpg

Hmmm, Kisner playing with Day, Narps...

Starting with a bird too... :dweez:
  • Like 1

They can quit showing Phil as far as I'm concerned...

Rory drove for show but couldn't putt for dough.

Maybe Kisner will get some much deserved air time finally. Dude has been playing some golf this year...
  • Like 1

Agreed. So much more entertaining than the perfect lie, fire at the stick, -18 tournaments we often get.
  • Like 1

Did the area around the hole look like this? Then they were at Chambers Bay

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/miniature-golf-course_zps906ndl7s.jpg

:LOL:

That's a bunch of crap. The greens are rolling fine. Today's pros are spoiled with unrealistically perfect surfaces. Golf should be a test visially, which these greens are. They roll true, just got to put it on line and have the right pace.

Stenson said it was like putting in broccoli...

Cry me a river... Edited by goose

Effing Fox cameras cannot follow the ball... they are missing so many

We are going with the Web feed, which is much better. The regular Fox analysts don't shut up.

Effing Fox cameras cannot follow the ball... they are missing so many

We are going with the Web feed, which is much better. The regular Fox analysts don't shut up.

A tradition unlike any other. Not...
  • Like 2

Something about this makes it not feel like a major. Or maybe several things. The brown course, the announce team...something.

Something about this makes it not feel like a major. Or maybe several things. The brown course, the announce team...something.

Joe Buck...
  • Like 5

Joe Buck...

Could be...

• Like 1

Scores seem to be dropping today.. Moving day

Typical. For the guys early yes but for the leaders I will wager not so much. Bet they will struggle big time. The field will compress by days end...

Joe Buck...

Could be...

This course is no Augusta either.