Geddy's voice VT tour

londonguy

I've been listening to some boots of the VT tour and I can't believe how incredible Geddy sounded in 2002. I realize he wasn't even 50 then, but how sharp are those vocals. TS sounds amazing. For 62 he sounds pretty good now but those were killer vocals. Anyone else wanna chime in?
  • Like 2

One of the best RUSH tours ever. It truly was special, and Geddy's vocals were outstanding!*

*except for Ceiling Unlimited #cringeworthy

I've been listening to some boots of the VT tour and I can't believe how incredible Geddy sounded in 2002. I realize he wasn't even 50 then, but how sharp are those vocals. TS sounds amazing. For 62 he sounds pretty good now but those were killer vocals. Anyone else wanna chime in?

I was listening to random Rush songs in car the other day and a tune came up from Different Strings, I saw out of the corner of my eye.

I was thinking WOW Ged sounded AMAZING on the TfE tour! Then I stopped at a light and took a closer look. I was listening to Something for Nothing from disc 3 on DS from 1978. I'm gettin old too.

I think he sounded pretty good on the Vapor Trails tour. I'm not talking about those songs but I mean his voice in particular.
  • Like 1

I just wish they recorded better shows than those Rio shows...It was a pretty good setlist, and they were at the top of their game, but that recording was horrid! (and the crowd noise was worse than some old boots I have)

I just wish they recorded better shows than those Rio shows...It was a pretty good setlist, and they were at the top of their game, but that recording was horrid! (and the crowd noise was worse than some old boots I have)

Yeah it was kind of a wasted opportunity. Too bad it didn't turn out any better than it did.

• Like 1

I actually didn't cringe this tour when he's sang TS. Either he's singing it better or by the time it comes around in the set I can't hear anyway.

I actually didn't cringe this tour when he's sang TS. Either he's singing it better or by the time it comes around in the set I can't hear anyway.

OLV was the most cringe worthy one I heard in my show. Yowza...

Oh really? I honestly didn't notice because the vocals in that song were never the best to start with.

Oh really? I honestly didn't notice because the vocals in that song were never the best to start with.

Understood. The first 4 or 5 ending with that one were a bit rough for me at least...

Understood. The first 4 or 5 ending with that one were a bit rough for me at least...

I can understand why you would say that. He's not singing the CA stuff as well as he did on the last tour. But the rest of the stuff sounded really good. Obviously he has good and bad days.

Yeah it was kind of a wasted opportunity. Too bad it didn't turn out any better than it did.

I agree. I recently listened to Rio again and was amazed at how awful the recording was

yeah, it's hard to tell on that song because it's waily to begin with

And not in a good way like back in the day... :codger:

You think that's something, I was listening to Natural Science from the T4E tour. He sounded really awesome even in 1997.

You could hear little hints of the warble and etc in a few tiny places but otherwise the dude was spot on.

And you'll probably just want to hang yourself if you go back and watch ASOH or something, which I'd say was probably the best his voice ever sounded. (PoW - Presto years).

Right, more like my Peter Brady analogy :)

Right, more like my Peter Brady analogy :)

Yep. A time to change... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Great boots, especially Atlanta. Wish a stateside proshot was done of the tour. It was the last of its quality IMHO.

Ironically this one came up on my iPod while I was at the gym today... I "GET" the fact that when you walk out on stage and 100,000+ people start yelling it's a cool thing...and I "GET" that it was neat to hear the crowd singing along to an instrumental....but JEEEZ turn the crowd down the rest of the time! :banghead:

It sounds like a "b" rated bootleg :popcorn:

• Like 1