R40 DVD/Blu-ray will be filme in... *SPOILER*

Hemispheres4Echo

I do hope that the DVD/Blu-Ray track list will reflect the "C" setlist with one exception.

Switch out "One Little Victory" for "How It Is"

I'm still not happy that they chose "Dreamline" over "Manhattan Project" for the main CA tour DVD/Blu-Ray track listing, but they didn't ask me so, oh well… ;)

I do hope that the DVD/Blu-Ray track list will reflect the "C" setlist with one exception.

Switch out "One Little Victory" for "How It Is"

I'm still not happy that they chose "Dreamline" over "Manhattan Project" for the main CA tour DVD/Blu-Ray track listing, but they didn't ask me so, oh well… ;)

I wish they'd integrate all the songs so it felt like one concert. I know it's not authentic that way, but I find that the extra songs get a lot less play from me as they are presented as standalones.

Does this mean they're pretty much sure they aren't extending the tour? Time Machine and CA were both filmed on the second leg.

Not the case at all.

CA was actually filmed towards the end of the first year of the tour.

Yes, Time Machine was filmed during the second year of the tour, but a lot of that apparently had to due with Neil's ear issues during the first year which required him to use headphones as opposed to IEMs, and they didn't want to film a show with him on the cans.

I hope it has better production quality than the last two live recordings.

What's wrong with the Time Machine film? I think it's one of their best.

I do agree that Clockwork Angels could be better though.

The film is great and the bass and guitar are good but the drums sound so dulled down compared to S&A Live.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst

Does this mean they're pretty much sure they aren't extending the tour? Time Machine and CA were both filmed on the second leg.

No tour extension.

THIS IS IT

No tour extension.

THIS IS IT

Sources?

I'm still of the opinion that they didn't set up all this production for 34 shows...

No tour extension.

THIS IS IT

Nothing guaranteed either way.

I would hope they at least make an effort to get out to Europe and South America one last time for all those fans.

And while they are at it, they could make a few more stops in the US and Canada in cities they didn't play this year.

If the tour this year ends on August 1, and they resume around the beginning of April next year, that gives them roughly 7 months to catch a break before starting up again.

I remain optimistic for now...

• Like 1

No tour extension.

THIS IS IT

Nothing guaranteed either way.

I would hope they at least make an effort to get out to Europe and South America one last time for all those fans.

And while they are at it, they could make a few more stops in the US and Canada in cities they didn't play this year.

If the tour this year ends on August 1, and they resume around the beginning of April next year, that gives them roughly 7 months to catch a break before starting up again.

I remain optimistic for now...

Their recent past has included an unannounced second leg that no one expected..the only thing they keep saying is that they're not going to do a "tour of this magnitude" again...they didn't say "34 date tour of this magnitude".... I'm on the optimistic boat as well!

• Like 2

Not the case at all.

CA was actually filmed towards the end of the first year of the tour.

Yes, Time Machine was filmed during the second year of the tour, but a lot of that apparently had to due with Neil's ear issues during the first year which required him to use headphones as opposed to IEMs, and they didn't want to film a show with him on the cans.

Ah yes, my bad. I think it at least confirms that they haven't confirmed that they're going to extend it or not. Snakes and Arrows, Time Machine, and CA second legs were all afterthoughts, I'm pretty sure. With Time Machine, the plan from the start was to go into the studio and record CA right after the first leg, but they were having so much fun touring that they wanted to keep it going. And with the other two, I don't think anything was announced until the first leg was done, maybe not even until the late winter/spring of the following year.

Also, Neil was still using headphones on the second leg of the tour. The hope was that his ear problem would go away before the show, but it did not, so he used IEMs for the recording only.

Ten days before the filming:

The official video:

Five days after the filming: https://www.youtube....h?v=EuxjKCv24pE

Edited by Josh Smith

Please have it edited by someone without ADHD.

I hope they will hire David Bottrill (who produced Vapor Trails remixed and the T4E footage on the R40 box set) to mix/produce the DVD.

I'd also like to say that I think it is fantastic that they have recorded a show every tour since their come back onto film, so that people who aren't able to attend a show in person gets to see the tour as well. Personally I've only seen them on the Clockwork Angels tour, so I'm glad they have recorded a show every tour for a DVD release!

Edited by Hemispheres4Echo
  • Like 3

I hope it has better production quality than the last two live recordings.

What's wrong with the Time Machine film? I think it's one of their best.

I do agree that Clockwork Angels could be better though.

The film is great and the bass and guitar are good but the drums sound so dulled down compared to S&A Live.

Agreed. Love Ged's tone on Time Machine and Alex sounds good, but the drums are a bit buried in the mix for my taste.

Hope to GAWD it's shot better (I swear it's disorienting to watch. I don't think there's a single shot that lasts longer than 2 seconds in the whole concert) and mixed MUCH better than the Clockwork Angels blu-ray. Is there someone we can contact to ensure it's a quality release? Maybe if we all band together and send hundreds of emails to the right person they'll get the message?