Best Video Yet of (song) *Spoiler Alert*

johnnyonthespot

Why would you put *Spoiler Alert* and the name of the song you are spoiling in the thread title?

Doesn't that seem just a bit counter-intuitive to you at all?

• Like 7

Please edit your title and remove the song name. I suggest that you read the "SPOILERS - How to post them" thread.

I personally feel that those who don’t follow the spoiler rules should have their account disabled for a week if not more.

Edited by TheBluePhoenix
  • Like 1

SPOILER ALERT

Mayonnaise left out WILL SPOIL

Mayonnaise is already spoiled.

Now I am hungry

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT

Mayonnaise left out WILL SPOIL

Mayonnaise is already spoiled.

Now I am hungry

I just had a turkey sandwich with mayo for lunch. Now I'm concerned...

• Like 1

There are two main pages that thread titles leak to- the home page and the "view new content" page. If I preferred to be spoiler free, I would figure out how to see the rest of the site without ever seeing those two pages. It can easily be done.

The freaking sub title of the forum is spoiler forum!!!!

That said how do I edit the title?

If you are like me you are clicking the Check New Content button which gives you every single post heading regardless of which forum the post is located within. Of course if you are trying not to see the setlist why are you on a forum dedicated to that band anyway, but that is a slippery slope.

. Of course if you are trying not to see the setlist why are you on a forum dedicated to that band anyway, but that is a slippery slope.

Ok, this may seem a little strange but what band are we referencing?

I thought this forum was about 3 random Canadian Book salesmen.

• Like 1

If you read the top pinned thread in this form, "SPOILERS - How to post them", you'll find out exactly why it matters if spoilers are in the thread title.

• Like 1

I already edited the title. But for future reference, you would hit the Edit link on your first post, then hit the Use Full Editor button at the bottom, and that would allow you to edit your topic title.

If you read the top pinned thread in this form, "SPOILERS - How to post them", you'll find out exactly why it matters if spoilers are in the thread title.

Yep.

If you are like me you are clicking the Check New Content button which gives you every single post heading regardless of which forum the post is located within. Of course if you are trying not to see the setlist why are you on a forum dedicated to that band anyway, but that is a slippery slope.

Isnt that ironic in the largest sense?

Suggesting the anti spoiler crowd stay off the forum I agree is too harsh, but...

... to not want spoilers and then use the "check new content" page-----isnt the setlist the exact definition of new content during the tour (hence the irony)

There are easy ways to navigate the site with avoiding that page and the home page. But cant really tell the anti-spoilers that, since they will not be reading this!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

Isnt that ironic in the largest sense?

Suggesting the anti spoiler crowd stay off the forum I agree is too harsh, but...

... to not want spoilers and then use the "check new content" page-----isnt the setlist the exact definition of new content during the tour (hence the irony)

There are easy ways to navigate the site with avoiding that page and the home page. But cant really tell the anti-spoilers that, since they will not be reading this!

As long as people avoid putting spoilers in their thread titles, and keep spoilers confined to the spoiler forum -- both easy things to do -- then those who wish to avoid spoilers can browse the board in freedom, needing only to avoid the spoiler section.

• Like 1

One of the high points of my entire Rush concert going life. This song was just magical.

And it was for us....the hardcores. And you know what...they played it to just about perfection. Just amazing!!!

Can't wait to see it again in July!

• Like 1

Putting a spoiler in the title means that everyone looking at the main forum page can see the song title. I don't get why this is so hard for people, or why when people make this mistake they generally seem to take a "screw the other people" mentality rather than just apologize for their carelessness and move on.

• Like 4