Best Video Yet of (song) *Spoiler Alert*

johnnyonthespot

Lifeson still ain't playing it like it is on the album, though. The part beginning at around 2:17 of the video is full of bended notes on the album. I wonder if it's just easier for him not to bend as many notes, or if he thinks it sounds better, or if it's easier to remember, or something. A sweetly bended note is just so emotional, though . . .
  • Like 2

Lifeson still ain't playing it like it is on the album, though. The part beginning at around 2:17 of the video is full of bended notes on the album. I wonder if it's just easier for him not to bend as many notes, or if he thinks it sounds better, or if it's easier to remember, or something. A sweetly bended note is just so emotional, though . . .

Tough on the arthritis, I would think.

Yeah, maybe. A compromise then. Maybe mostly people won't notice.

I get it.. Move on Dude. My god get a freaking life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Case in point. You'd rather act like a petulant ass rather than just say you're sorry.

• Like 2

For me, bending isn't tough in my joints. The problems come in stretching the fingers or moving them quickly with accuracy. Having said that, just using them for long periods is tough, and that may be why he chooses the economy of motion not to do all the bending.

• Like 1

I get it.. Move on Dude. My god get a freaking life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Case in point. You'd rather act like a petulant ass rather than just say you're sorry.

This thread needs some Queensryche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBlpE3ZuNZ0

For me, bending isn't tough in my joints. The problems come in stretching the fingers or moving them quickly with accuracy. Having said that, just using them for long periods is tough, and that may be why he chooses the economy of motion not to do all the bending.

Economy of motion, that's it. Perfectly describes the phrase I'm searching for when I watch him play now (hours a nite dare I say!) and how my mind is reminding me how it used to look!

Considering where they are and mileage driven, they look and sound incredible.

And DS, is that going to be performed with or without Tate?

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Alex has always morphed his solos over a period of time, and if you notice the song is slowly returning to original form. Over time I think it just starts to come back to him how it was played before because the progression makes sense.

Every performance gets better. I'm just glad the guitar is really loud and much more in your face than the original or ESL.

The freaking sub title of the forum is spoiler forum!!!!

That said how do I edit the title?

If you are like me you are clicking the Check New Content button which gives you every single post heading regardless of which forum the post is located within. Of course if you are trying not to see the setlist why are you on a forum dedicated to that band anyway, but that is a slippery slope.

Isnt that ironic in the largest sense?

Suggesting the anti spoiler crowd stay off the forum I agree is too harsh, but...

... to not want spoilers and then use the "check new content" page-----isnt the setlist the exact definition of new content during the tour (hence the irony)

There are easy ways to navigate the site with avoiding that page and the home page. But cant really tell the anti-spoilers that, since they will not be reading this!

As long as people avoid putting spoilers in their thread titles, and keep spoilers confined to the spoiler forum -- both easy things to do -- then those who wish to avoid spoilers can browse the board in freedom, needing only to avoid the spoiler section.

Driving is an easy thing to do, yes? Yet over 30,000 fatal accidents occur each year. Ten 9/11s each and every year. That's alot.

Point is, accidents happen. Wish there was a way to tell that to the spoiler crowd, and there is an easy way to avoid the home and new content page to ensure accidents are avoided.

That's how I drive ;)

The freaking sub title of the forum is spoiler forum!!!!

That said how do I edit the title?

If you are like me you are clicking the Check New Content button which gives you every single post heading regardless of which forum the post is located within. Of course if you are trying not to see the setlist why are you on a forum dedicated to that band anyway, but that is a slippery slope.

Isnt that ironic in the largest sense?

Suggesting the anti spoiler crowd stay off the forum I agree is too harsh, but...

... to not want spoilers and then use the "check new content" page-----isnt the setlist the exact definition of new content during the tour (hence the irony)

There are easy ways to navigate the site with avoiding that page and the home page. But cant really tell the anti-spoilers that, since they will not be reading this!

As long as people avoid putting spoilers in their thread titles, and keep spoilers confined to the spoiler forum -- both easy things to do -- then those who wish to avoid spoilers can browse the board in freedom, needing only to avoid the spoiler section.

Driving is an easy thing to do, yes? Yet over 30,000 fatal accidents occur each year. Ten 9/11s each and every year. That's alot.

Point is, accidents happen. Wish there was a way to tell that to the spoiler crowd, and there is an easy way to avoid the home and new content page to ensure accidents are avoided.

That's how I drive ;)

I'd think we'd be pretty safe to not upset anyone if we mention that Tom Sawyer is being played! :oops: