Garth Brooks is Now HATED In Tampa

So Garth Brooks rather than reschedule 3 shows in Tampa because of the Stanley Cup finals just said,

FU Tampa-

Don't I remember Rush rescheduling a show maybe Montreal one year??

This dude is a douche

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25201179/garth-brooks-cancels-all-three-tampa-shows-amid-stanley-cup-conflict?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

• Like 1

Going by what the article said it seems he didn't have much choice with the Lightning game scheduled at the same venue and date he was gonna play. Am I missing something?

He didn't reschedule the shows

And he alienated .....wait for it........45,000 ticket holders.

15K per show.

Now they have to refund all those tickets.

A real artist would have postponed.

Going by what the article said it seems he didn't have much choice with the Lightning game scheduled at the same venue and date he was gonna play. Am I missing something?

15K per show.

I know the United Center has shows in the day time and Hockey at night, so surely Mr Shitty music could have had matinees.

• Like 1

Why should he? The venue and NBC screwed him and his operation over. He has commitments, and is making a business decision. My guess is he and his organization sought compensation and a satisfactory resolution wasn't reached, so he chose not to re-schedule.
  • Like 3

15K per show.

A real venue would have more foresight.
  • Like 1

15K per show.

Why didn't Garth just play 1 night in the Bucs Stadium?

Why 3 nights in Tampa?

After 1 night in that city any sane person is ready to go

• Like 2

15K per show.

Why didn't Garth just play 1 night in the Bucs Stadium?

Why 3 nights in Tampa?

After 1 night in that city any sane person is ready to go

:LOL:

15K per show.

All venues run the same way. In the contract with the artist there is a clause that, in the event of the hometown sports team having a game, the team gets preference. No venue can predict months in advance if their local sports team will be in the championship, get home field advantage, or even know the dates of the series. Had the two conference championships been 4 game sweeps it would have changed things drastically. Based on your response I'm guessing you don't follow sports much.

• Like 1

My mom was a big fan of his back when he was huge in the 90s. I'm not sure where people get the idea he's an egomaniac from? He always struck me a real good down to earth guy who loves his fans. Back in the 90s he made sure all his ticket prices were no more than $19.50 each because he wanted to make sure everyone who wanted to see him could afford to. Even on his current tour tickets are only in the $60-$70 range. He could charge way more if he wanted to and people would pay it but I think it's a really cool thing that he doesn't.

Just because you don't like his music doesn't mean the guy is an asshole.

• Like 1

Seems a bit drastic to cancel all shows when there was an outdoor arena (Tropicana Field) available. Guess he didn't have time to figure it out. At least Rush won't have to worry about Chicago, the games are several days before they are scheduled to perform.
  • Like 1

Seems a bit drastic to cancel all shows when there was an outdoor arena (Tropicana Field) available. Guess he didn't have time to figure it out. At least Rush won't have to worry about Chicago, the games are several days before they are scheduled to perform.

The Tropicana is an indoor domed Stadium. Perhaps they were unwilling to offer him an acceptable compromise. It isn't sounding like he is saying FU to Tampa at all. Perhaps the tour crew is booked for another gig after his round of touring is over. Who knows? Who cares? The fans can get their money back but the performers and crew are more likely screwed.

The Tropicana is an indoor domed Stadium. Perhaps they were unwilling to offer him an acceptable compromise. It isn't sounding like he is saying FU to Tampa at all. Perhaps the tour crew is booked for another gig after his round of touring is over. Who knows? Who cares? The fans can get their money back but the performers and crew are more likely screwed.

The Rays have a summer concert series after Saturday afternoon games. That place might have the worst acoustics of any venue I've ever been to. Other than the Rays games no one books tours there.