Point Break- REMAKE- Trailer

Ugh, another Remake, with actors we have never heard of.

This movie is soooo good it will open the week after the new Star Wars.

Historically means the studio, does not think the film can make it on a normal weekend on it's own.

Christmas Day? LOL

Does this not look like a 'Fast and Furious' Ripoff??

So much blue screen use in here,

Plus I need Gary Busey........FAIL

Yawn.

Why don't they start adapting awesome books?

• Like 2

I think it looks interesting; if you liked the original and this genre that is. I thought the trailer looked good.

At least this movie gives credit to the original unlike the first Fast and the Furious movie which totally ripped Point Break off.

Yawn.

Because nobody wants to think for themselves anymore.

• Like 1

OH, DOES THIS PISS ME OFF !! EPIC FAIL !! The original is one of my family's favorite movies of all time!

"We'll get him when he comes back in. . " "He's not coming back . . . "

Just from looking at the trailer-

1. None of the three leads seem to have very much charisma- you gotta admit, Gary Busey, Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves were intriguing in their roles (Anthony Keidis, too.)

2. "The perps have a certain set of skills" - really? That is so close to the "Taken" line about Liam Neeson having a "very specific set of skills" that they might as well have said that!

3. The original Point Break was directed by Kathryn Bigelow, who ended up later winning a Best Director Oscar for "The Hurt Locker." The scene where Keanu Reeves chases Swayze through the neighborhood after the bank robbery and they chase through yards, kitchens, streets, alleys, etc. and it is filmed straight ahead at eye level is considered to be a classic clip of film direction (saw it on some Bravo channel show!) NOTHING in this new movie looks that interesting.

I might be just a little biased. Thank you for letting me vent, bwa ha ha.

• Like 1

OH, DOES THIS PISS ME OFF !! EPIC FAIL !! The original is one of my family's favorite movies of all time!

1. None of the three leads seem to have very much charisma- you gotta admit, Gary Busey, Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves were intriguing in their roles (Anthony Keidis, too.)

2. "The perps have a certain set of skills" - really? That is so close to the "Taken" line about Liam Neeson having a "very specific set of skills" that they might as well have said that!

3. The original Point Break was directed by Kathryn Bigelow, who ended up later winning a Best Director Oscar for "The Hurt Locker." The scene where Keanu Reeves chases Swayze through the neighborhood after the bank robbery and they chase through yards, kitchens, streets, alleys, etc. and it is filmed straight ahead at eye level is considered to be a classic clip of film direction (saw it on some Bravo channel show!) NOTHING in this new movie looks that interesting.

Point break and Roadhouse are my two go to guilty pleasure movies.

• Like 1

This is just so wrong. You can't replace swayze!

What's next? A Roadhouse remake?

I cannot make this up

Xanadoood head will explode

HEADLINE:

Rob Cohen, the man behind The Fast and the Furious, xXx and Alex Cross, has been tapped to direct a remake of Road House for MGM, EW confirmed Monday.

http://www.ew.com/article/2013/11/25/road-house-remake-fast-and-furious-director

• Like 1

Yawn.

Because nobody wants to think for themselves anymore.

To be honest, I am at a point now where I would rather read a book than head to the cinema. Which is how it should be!

• Like 1

This is just so wrong. You can't replace swayze!

What's next? A Roadhouse remake?

I cannot make this up

Xanadoood head will explode

HEADLINE:

Rob Cohen, the man behind The Fast and the Furious, xXx and Alex Cross, has been tapped to direct a remake of Road House for MGM, EW confirmed Monday.

http://www.ew.com/article/2013/11/25/road-house-remake-fast-and-furious-director

Lord help us all! WTF!

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

Point break and Roadhouse are my two go to guilty pleasure movies.

Johnny Utah and Dalton are so bad at everything....but we love them.

Those movies crack me up

• Like 1

The scene where Keanu Reeves chases Swayze through the neighborhood after the bank robbery and they chase through yards, kitchens, streets, alleys, etc. and it is filmed straight ahead at eye level is considered to be a classic clip of film direction (saw it on some Bravo channel show!) NOTHING in this new movie looks that interesting.

You are but that's O.K.

I loved that chase sequence you mention and I liked the original movie. But I don't think it was as wonderful as everyone is making out. It was an adrenaline junkie movie with a predictable story starring one of the worst actors in Hollywood. I don't see this movie as being taboo for a remake. That being said, I still liked the original a lot.

Remakes are as old as Hollywood. I personally don't think a remake's assessment should have anything to do with the original. Both movies should stand on their own merits. Some remakes are better than the originals and some aren't. Mutiny on the Bounty was done a few times and my favorite is the 1983 Anthony Hopkins version. But the classic is the one with Clark Gable, both movies are worth seeing. I also thought that the movie "Always" was better than "A Guy Named Joe" but I think that both movies are worth seeing.

This remake of Point Break might suck, but it might be good as well. And that really has nothing to do with the fact that it's a remake.